Players 2,387 365
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,248,392 1,193
Generated 656,295 34
Captured 1,190,692 64
Bred 6,401,310 1,095
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Festival of Love '16 - Create a Syle...
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 2/13/2016 at 9:29 AM Post #21
Can i use digital art?
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 2/13/2016 at 9:31 AM Post #22
oh dang it, no digital....
Tarot
Level 60
Cutely Creative
Threads: 0
Posted: 2/13/2016 at 1:11 PM Post #23
Alright!! I'm dedicating my valentine to deddo, blackxrabbit and shizudragon, my awesome friends who've been with me through some really tough times and joined sylestia with me just because my nerd self wanted to give it a try c: Sorry in advance for my pictures, I don't have a camera so I took these with my phone and webcam!

Valentines is pretty nostalgic for me. It reminds me of kiddy cartoon specials, licking envelope seals, red and purple foil wrapping chocolate hearts, you know, the ones with the really subpar filling? I always made myself eat them even though I didn't like them. It was always so much fun looking through all the lil cards you'd gotten at the end of the day. I'm going for the kiddy vibe with my crayons and markers today. Even though crayons remain one of my fav materials to date, I can't deny they have a distinct air of kitsch, so I'll try to dress them up a little with some fancy(basic) paper cutting.

I started by cutting my sheet down and making a teensy mockup. If you can even see it, I pity you. It's very rough. It should also tell you i'm bad at positioning/predicting how much space I'mma need, which is where the cutouts will be handy.

Next i fold my sheet with my trusty folder and start making and cutting out some of the elements. In order to show my pals that I am proper valentine material, I need to prove my pun game is strong. This should do!

Once the front cutout's done I put the appropriate details on the front, and pop it on with a little carefully placed tape. Perf!

Time to draw in the puffadorable puffadore..

The back end leaves a bit to be desired, but cutouts to the rescue! pop that heart on!

Voila! I love you, my friends c:
SkyRaven
Level 70
Sylestiologist
Threads: 72
Posted: 2/13/2016 at 1:52 PM Post #24
Puffadore's remind me of Valentines the most, because they're cute and cuddly, not to mention they have the word 'adore' in their name!

I think the outline took me the longest to do

Added some very light shading, to make up for the lack of colour, as the only type of coloured drawing/writing implements are fineliners, which are pretty difficult to colour in large things with.

Added some origami hearts to finish it off (I think the monochromatic Puff next to the hearts make both stand out from each other, which I thought was a cool result!)

I've always been fond of the 'Roses are red' poem twists, so I made one up about Sylestia and wrote it on the back
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 2/13/2016 at 1:59 PM Post #25
Ok, i made my valentine for whoever wants to accept it! Hehe <3
It's more of a traditional one, i never got to make those! Had some help from Reese and Cyrus, both for his crafty abilities and their cute dynamic

Anyway, here we gooo:

Gathering supplies! Origami paper, lace, paints, glitter, colored pencils, idk, i just pulled out anyhing i thought i could use! Which is pretty much all but my other acrylics, clay, ribbon, canvases, and...whatever else i have.

First heart cut out, tiny bulbori with ribbon dancer doodled in red ink(which leaked all over my hands, i look like i murdered someone with two fingers), still mad at the smudges but that's what happens when you have shaky fingers and a leaky pen

Outer lace and back heart attatched, pearl string being glued down. Had to remove it from a lace backing, what a paaain...

Finished front! Used an opalite bead, a pink bow, and a dove charm--doves are the sacred animal of Aphrodite, figured that fit right in with the theme.

Finished back! Message says 'Hope your day is sweet and fluffy, Valentine!', glued the Bulbori on, painted those two with pearl paint. Added another bow, made a small pearl with a hot glue drop and more pearl paint.
Edited By Cyanidae on 2/13/2016 at 9:33 PM.
Hanamomoya
Level 64
Templar
Threads: 11
Posted: 2/13/2016 at 2:49 PM Post #26
Here's my try!

Edited By Hanamomoya on 2/13/2016 at 2:50 PM.
Absoluteinsanity
Level 71
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 43
Posted: 2/13/2016 at 3:54 PM Post #27
Here's mine.

All things in their place, except for the vellum, which I forgot to put on the table. Oops. No saws this time, though.

The completed card face. I folded some white cardstock in half, painted it pink, and added glitter/text. This picture isn't very focused, now that I see it up close. I'll edit in a better one after it dries overnight.

Here's the promised slightly-more-in-focus picture of the card front.

In case you were wondering, the red thumbprint in the bottom corner is absolutely intentional. :)
It's where I would grip the card if actually handing it to someone.

The inside of the card. Mostly red scrapbook paper, some paint, and a few peepin' eyeballs.
A big thank you to a few of my wonderful friends for their unwilling contributions. I love you all to pieces.

Here are closeups of the inside parts.

Edited By Absoluteinsanity on 2/17/2016 at 10:26 AM.
MystyRose
Level 60
Cutely Creative
Threads: 6
Posted: 2/13/2016 at 7:04 PM Post #28
Attempting to draw a Valentine for someone who is sick right now. Not the best at drawing but totally excited!

Woohoo, the drawing is really coming along nicely. Looking at a picture of something and trying to draw it is hard but worth it. Traced the gray lines over with red.

This is the finished picture!!! I feel really proud that I was able to accomplish this.

Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 2/13/2016 at 7:15 PM Post #29
Here's my valentine! It features a pair of Sweet Kiss Luffoxes! I'm so happy I didn't see anyone else using this idea, lol. I was afraid it would be the first thing everyone would think of.

I apologize for the low-quality images! I don't have access to a scanner so I had to use my phone ^^;;

Starting out, just plain lineart:

Picture colored, getting ready to cut it out!

Got the two pun-bubbles done!

Aaaand now we're done with the main stuff!

Added some additional decoration to make it complete:

A close-up of the luffox couple:

Edit;; ACK! I forgot the lady luff's little horns ; w ; That's going to bother me. I might have to go back and fix it.

Edit edit;; it bothered me too much. Fixed it. XD And I also used a white gel pen to add a few highlights to their horns and fur, just because.
Edited By Rixva on 2/13/2016 at 7:33 PM.
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 2/13/2016 at 7:18 PM Post #30
Please excuse that the date is only in the last photo... I didn't catch that part when crafting but I am very proud of my entry :/

If you can't read it, it says:
As the wings of our hearts bear us into the stars, the joy and the laughter is ours through the hours. For years from now we'll know the true powers, the powers of love's unbreakable bond. And as I know you will protect me, even in the storming rage. I will take care of you, and help you to see the sun's rays. I will be your loyal companion... If you will be my Valentine?
And I had to add my own little card! Of course my bf's gift wasn't only this poem/picture. He is also getting a little talking Chewbacca and a whole bag of caramel filled chocolate kisses <3

And this last picture has 2016 on it

If I find a way to make the images bigger I will edit D:[/str[ I largened the most important progress pictures, hope it's okay! (oh and those are supposed to be realistic zolnixi)
Edited By Watercolors on 2/13/2016 at 8:37 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.