Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > OFRA (Official FRiendship Association)
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Cancerian
Level 49
Threads: 60
Posted: 2/8/2016 at 10:04 PM Post #1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello, welcome to OFRA (Official FRiendship Association, pronounced OH-fruh).
Sections:
About OFRA
Members
Member Exclusive Forums, Games and raffles. (coming soon)
Mixers
Ranks and Positions (coming soon)

About OFRA
OFRA is a group dedicated to connecting members of sylestia, making friends, and making the whole place more personable and friendly. My name is Cancerian, or Cancer, and (quite obviously) I am the founder and creator of OFRA. I came up with the idea when I myself realized I knew no one here, (because thus far nobody I already know has became a dedicated member) and probably won't make friends seeing that I am a natural shrinking violet, too shy to "make the first move" or "stick my neck out". Then I saw that it was difficult for others too, lastly I saw there are no big official clubs or groups for this (at least as far as I know) so I have decided to try my best to create a fun and organized group for friendship making and the betterment of Sylestia.

So, in OFRA we will have mixers to help people meet eachother (more about that in the "Mixers" section below), member exclusive raffles, member exclusive and open games, member exclusive forums, ranks (more about that below too), positions, and other cool things!

I'm hoping to build a strong, friendly and large community here so feel free to join and invite your friends! Everyone's invited!

To become a member fill out the form below and post it here (please use copy and paste). Also fill out everything so I and other members can get to know you. :)

You will be added as a member into the "Members" section below. You will also be put on a ping list for the mixers and start out at the lowest social rank which is Shrinking Violet (look below for more information on everything). PLEASE NOTE, THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR CHATTING BUT STRICTLY FOR MEMBER SIGN UPS, POSITION FORMS AND QUESTIONS. There are chat rooms for OFRA listed below in the "Member Exclusives" section.

Member sign up form:
Username:
Nickname you prefer to go by:
Date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy):
Give words or sentence to describe yourself:
Reason(s) for joining OFRA:
How often you're on Sylestia:
Your favorite Sylesti you own (name and link):
Things you like to do:
Favorite person outside Sylestia:
Favorite color:
Favorite song:
Favorite music genre:
Favorite singer atm:
Favorite movie genre:
Favorite ice cream flavor:
Favorite animal:
Favorite thing to do on Sylestia:
Other notes or comments:
How did you find OFRA?:
Edited By Cancerian on 2/10/2016 at 3:08 PM.
Cancerian
Level 49
Posted: 2/8/2016 at 10:05 PM Post #2
Members

Cancerian, ID# 51200 joined Sylestia 1/28/2016.
I am Cancerian, but I can, and sometimes prefer to, go by Cancer. I am Sixteen and my birthday is June 26th. I'm on Sylestia very often and I created OFRA. My favorite Sylesti is Aria my first Sylesti, she is a mostly white Sylvapora. Outside of Sylestia I like to hang out with my boyfriend, day dream, hang out, and read!

My position is creator of OFRA and my rank is Shrinking Violet.

Now to list my favorites.... Favorite:

Person outside sylestia: My boyfriend Patrick <3
Color: All shades of purple :3
Song: I can't and will never be able to choose.
Music Genre: Can't choose that either...
Singer: Joseph SoMo for now.
Movie genre: Horror! I love scary movies!
Ice cream flavor: Cookies and Cream.
Animal: Dog, but I love cats too.
Thing to do on Sylestia?: Raise my Sylestis.

That's it :)
Edited By Cancerian on 2/9/2016 at 12:01 AM.
Cancerian
Level 49
Posted: 2/8/2016 at 10:05 PM Post #3
Member Exclusive Forums, Games and Raffles

About them.
Member exclusive forums, games, and Raffles are exclusively for members. There are however some open ended ones (meaning non OFRA members are welcome too).

Going on now:
Forums:
OFRA chat room (exclusive): https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=33169&page=1#2

Games:
Questions game (open ended): Coming soon!
Would you rather (open ended): Coming soon!

Raffles:
None now
Edited By Cancerian on 2/11/2016 at 12:22 AM.
Cancerian
Level 49
Posted: 2/8/2016 at 10:05 PM Post #4
Mixers

What are Mixers?
Mixers are social events that happen one to three times a month. In a mixer, members are matched (sometimes randomly sometimes thoughtfully) into pairs. Each pair will have to message each other and strike up the conversation, but here's the catch. Every mixer will have a topic that you have to start out talking about, then the conversation leads on to anything the two partners decide. The topic is pretty much just an ice breaker. Mixers were placed to help everyone to get to know each other and make OFRA one of those communities where everyone knows everyone. The forum for mixers are the bottom, that is where everyone will be pinged to every mixer to see their partner and topic. Oh, and also, when you're finished talking to each other you can (if you want) make a post on the mixer forum what you think of the other person or what you two talked about or anything else similiar!

So when will mixers happen?
Schedules for mixers:
February 25th 2016
March 10th 2016
March 20th 2016
March 29th 2016

Mixer forum: coming soon.
Edited By Cancerian on 2/11/2016 at 12:09 AM.
Cancerian
Level 49
Posted: 2/8/2016 at 10:06 PM Post #5
Ranks and Positions

What are ranks?
Ranks in OFRA help others determine how friendly and/or how active you are in the group and amongst other members. When you first start OFRA you start at the lowest rank, Shrinking Violet, and then you climb up the ladder of seventeen ranks until you reach the top one, Super Socialite of Sylestia. There will be rewards for ranking up and announcements will be made in the community that a member has climbed to the next rank when one has done so.

What are the seventeen different ranks?
So the seventeen ranks from lowest/shyest (Shrinking Violet) to highest/most social (Super Socialite of Sylestia) are:
1. Shrinking Violet
2. Wall Flower
3. Mouse
4. Ice Breaker
5. Curious Cat
6. Snoopy
7. Familiar
8. Tipo Amigable
9. Popper
10. Neighborly Nancy/Nick
11. Social Sylestian
12. Friendly Favorite
13. Conversationalist
14. Chatty Cathy/Bellowing Billie
15. Extreme Extrovert
16. It-Girl/Man-About-Town
17. Super Socialite of Sylestia

How does someone rank up?
To rank up you must participate in group actions, help out when you can, socialize, and have fun. When I see that someone is trying to make friends and participate in the community, when the time is right I'll rank them up. I will then make an announcement of your new rank on our information and/or chat thread and reward you!

What are the rewards?
Rewards often vary from pets to items to gold. The rewards will be random, but the higher the rank up the better the reward.

Positions
Positions are what you do/who you are in OFRA. Positions are not like ranks (but seem similiar), try your best not to mix the two up. When it comes to positions, most people will be different types of members AKA base positions. When you join you start at the lowest position, Standard Member, then next on the pyramid is the other types of members and then if you try you can get to the top which is the high up, job like positions. Some members will have chances however to be put in a higher more dedicated position sooner then others depending on how quickly they progress. Now there are four base members, (Standard being lower then the other three) and here they are.

Standard Member:
A Standard Member is your everyday member that comes and goes as they wish. They are a part of OFRA but are here only half of the time or don't participate too often.
Helps to become: Nothing.

Pep Member:
A Pep Member is a member noticed for one or more of the following: Being kind, helpful, cheery, friendly, encouraging or bubbly. Often participating in fun things and/or being the cheerleader type.
Helps to become: Eggsitter, Hatchlingsitter, Idea Chairman, Game Host, Artist, and Recruiter.

Attendant Member:
An Attendant Member is a member noticed for being highly active in OFRA and attending many, if not all, available things to members in OFRA from raffles and chat rooms to games and mixers and more! An Attendant Member is known for their attendance to OFRA.
Helps to become: Rulee, Eggsitter, Hatchlingsitter, Organizer, Game Host, Overseer, and Idea Chairman.

Pride Member:
A Pride Member is a member noticed for representing OFRA in various ways in there own time. Pride members are noticed for doing one or more of the following: suggesting OFRA to other members off of OFRA forums, talking about OFRA on non-OFRA forums, putting it in their about me, ect. They are proud to be a member of OFRA.
Helps to become: A game host, idea chairman, recruiter, and artist.

Okay, so you might have noticed that underneath all of those base positions it says "Helps to become:" and then things like "artist" and "game host" show up after that. Those are the higher, more respected, more obligatory positions. So pride members have a foot in the door when it comes to becoming a game host, idea chairman, recruiter, and artist. But just because you're a pride member doesn't mean your limited to those, it just means if you chose one of those it would be easier. The same goes for all other member positions. Standard members however cannot even apply for a higher position, you need to become one of the three higher members in order to come into a higher position. If you have the qualifications and everything for one of the following positions you can also fill put the form below them to apply for that position: Now, the higher positions and their qualifications are:

Idea Chairman
An idea chairman of OFRA helps to come up with ideas for OFRA from new games to new forums and new design concepts and any other ideas for OFRA they might have.
Positions filled: 0/3 (ROOM FOR THREE IDEA CHAIRMEN)
Rank Required: At least mouse
Qualifications: Must be creative, kind and logical.
To Apply:
I want to become an idea chairman!
Username:
Rank in OFRA:
If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?:
Why do you think you should be an idea chairman?:
What position are you currently?:

Artist
Artists in OFRA do the artwork for OFRA, such as making badges, banners, game rule boards, doing random artwork projects and anything else we might need a nice picture for.
Positions filled: 0/5 (ROOM FOR FIVE ARTISTS)
Rank Required: At least Curious Cat
Qualifications: Nice hand writing, ability to use different fonts, computer savvy (For things like adding links to banners), and must have neat or nice drawing skills in any type of art style (Anime, chibi, realistic, cartoon, realistic animation, basic).
To Apply:

I want to become an artist!
Username:
Rank in OFRA:
Examples of artwork:
Favorite artwork style:
Example of a good color palette/combo in your oppinion:
Why do you think you should be an Artist for OFRA?:

Recruiter
Recruiters in OFRA are supposed to try to get more and more people to join OFRA and spread the word about OFRA!
Positions filled: 0/10 (ROOM FOR TEN RECRUITERS)
Rank required: At least Curious Cat
Qualifications: Must have good people skills
To Apply:
I want to become a recruiter!
Username:
Rank in OFRA:
How good would you say you are with people?:
Can you give an example of the above question?:
Why do you think you should be a recruiter?:

Eggsitter
Eggsitters in OFRA are responsible for helping to nurture the eggs of fellow members of OFRA. There job is to go around (daily if possible) and nurture all the eggs of fellow members, just eggs, no hatchlings.
Positions filled: 0/10 (ROOM FOR TEN EGGSITTERS)
Rank required: At least Familiar
Qualifications: Must visit sylestia often (at least five days a week) and be able to keep up with the workload of helping to nurture fellow members eggs
To Apply:
I want to become an eggsitter!
Username:
Rank in OFRA:
How many days a week are you usually on?:
Why do you think you should be an eggsitter?:

Hatchlingsitter
Hatchlingsitters in OFRA are responsible for helping to nurture the hatchlings of fellow members of OFRA. There job is to go around (daily if possible) and nurture all the hatchlings of fellow members, just hatchlings, no eggs.
Positions filled: 0/10 (ROOM FOR TEN HATCHLINGSITTERS)
Rank required: At least Familiar
Qualifications: Must visit sylestia often (at least five days a week) and be able to keep up with the workload of helping to nurture fellow members hatchlings.
To Apply:
I want to become a hatchlingsitter!
Username:
Rank in OFRA:
How many days a week are you usually on?:
Why do you think you should be a hatchlingsitter?:

Game Host
Game hosts in OFRA are pretty self-explanatory, they host games for OFRA members. A game host is usually assigned a game (or choose between a couple of choices) and is responsible for running the game (usually they're games that have an ending and starting date, not on-running games).
Positions filled: 0/3 (ROOM FOR THREE GAME HOSTS)
Rank required: At least Social Sylestian
Qualifications: Must be able to be on often during game hosting times, be able to be organized, friendly and helpful, must have some experience with running a game or forum.
To Apply:
I want to become a game host!
Username:
Rank in OFRA:
How often are you on?:
Have you ever ran a game or forum before? (Add links if you have any):
Why do you think you should be a game host?:

Overseer
An overseer checks on all the forums and different things, checking for spelling orders, accidental contradictions or any other errors in forums games and anything else OFRA related.
Positions filled: 0/2 (ROOM FOR TWO OVERSEERS)
Rank required: At least Social Sylestian
Qualifications: Must have good grammar and attentive skills.
To Apply:
I want to become an overseer!
Username:
Rank in OFRA:
Give a sample of your grammar (write a quick poem or story):
Why do you think you should be an overseer?:

Rulee
A rulee (rool-EE) of OFRA goes around the forums and games and makes sure that no rules are being broken on them.
Positions filled: 0/3 (ROOM FOR THREE RULEES)
Rank required: At least Conversationalist
Qualifications: Must be stern but kind, must have time to over view forums.
To Apply:
I want to become a rulee!
Username:
Rank in OFRA:
How would you describe yourself in three adjectives?:
Why you do you think you should be a rulee?:
Edited By Cancerian on 2/11/2016 at 12:09 AM.
Cancerian
Level 49
Posted: 2/8/2016 at 10:06 PM Post #6
RESERVED

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.