Players 2,359 344
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,252,691 861
Generated 656,375 25
Captured 1,190,864 31
Bred 6,405,357 805
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Easier ways to get pets/eggs?
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Kei
Level 60
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 4:48 PM Post #1
So it's been a few months since I've started Sylestia, but all I've done are missions over and over, checking once every while to collect rewards just to send the pets out on missions again. Then I figured out why not have a few more eggs if all I'm doing is waiting? It'd be more productive than to just focus on missions. But then came the problem, is that I only know how to breed (though I don't have a lot of pets to set up breedings to begin with anyways) and the scale shop is too expensive. So I was wondering are there easier ways to getting them? I see so many users with a bunch of pets and I'm really shocked as to how they've managed to get that much.

tldr: Sylestia is a pretty hard to play pet site, I still have not yet figured out how to trade with users, that's how confusing this site it for me. If someone can help me, I'd really appreciate it. And if you have any pets/eggs you're willing to trade for coins, I'm cool with that too. I've only got like 200k on me though. (and you'll have to walk me through the trading process).
Addereye
Level 60
Cutely Creative
Threads: 22
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 5:14 PM Post #2
I have pets in my For sale tab that you can go look through. Feel free to check out my hatchery, also!! If you want to know how to trade, follow this easy guide I just came up with off the top of my head.

Step 1: Go to the Account tab, and go to the little rectangle labeled Inventory.

Step 2: If your sending someone gold to pay for something else that you bought, get an item that can easily be replaced. A fairy mushroom would be the best example. If you are sending an item to someone that is paying gold for that specific item, click it.

Step 3: Click the item you are sending, and then find the small envelope with a green arrow on it. Click it.

Step 4: A little white box should pop up. The item you are sending should be in brakets ([ ]) and should be in an obnoxious green. Go to the little rectangle that says Recipient beside it. Click on that box and type in the username of the person you are sending the item to.

Step 5: Go to the little box below that that says CoD fee beside it. Type in the amount of gold you are sending. You must type in (If you were doing 27k for example) 27000. You cannot type in 27k.

Step 6: Make sure everything is correct, then click the green button labeled Send Item.

Step 7: Wait for the person you sent the item to to accept or decline your offer.

If you are buying pets, the owner can set the pet price to what you're paying, and you can buy it that way. It's much less on you, and a lot easier to do. It what everybody does when buying pets. If you need me to explain how to buy pets, just say so. I may just be a little over a month old, but I know a lot about this stuff. I'm glad I could help, if I did at all.
Kei
Level 60
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 5:40 PM Post #3
Sorry, I think you lost me at step two. What if I just want to send items to other people for free? And would you mind explaining what is the use of using Fairy Mushrooms for paying gold? I'm really bad at this, since the trading system isn't clear in Sylestia.

Also, how much do pets usually go for? For example, pets that has quite a few special traits like visible markings and mutation?
Addereye
Level 60
Cutely Creative
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 5:53 PM Post #4
I'm not very good with pricing, so you might need someone else for that part.

1: If you want to send an item for free, just leave it as 0 for the CoD fee.
2: Fairy mushrooms are easy to replace, so people usually use them when paying for things they bought (Maybe an online adoptable; or maybe offsite trading.) So they aren't really used for paying gold, they are just an easy item for sending a payment.
Kei
Level 60
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 5:59 PM Post #5
I see, but if I leave it at 0 for the fee, will other players see it and try to snatch it?

I understand the mushroom thing now, so it's used for trading non-Sylestia pets/items. Got it.
Addereye
Level 60
Cutely Creative
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 6:15 PM Post #6
No. Only the person you sent the item to will be able to see that trade. Hope this clears things up. Remember to check my stables and hatchery for pets you might like.
Kei
Level 60
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 6:35 PM Post #7
Alright, I'll try that out, thank you. :) I looked at your sales stable, didn't find one that really called out to me. I'm trying to get a pretty male Lupora!

Also I have no idea how to tell the eggs apart. No clue what pet is what and what colour they'll become when they hatch. :(
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 7:48 PM Post #8
If you use the envelope icon in the inventory, you can only send the item to one person by typing their username. No one else will be able to see what you have sent except the receiver.

If you want to sell an item to the public, then click broker item and set the fee. For thus, anyone can see and buy the item. The broker will also tell you what's the highest, lowest, and average price of the item that is being sold, or has been sold in the past week, so you can gauge how much it's worth.

Most ppl get a lot of pets through breeding. You'll start off with a few, but it's generally easy and cheap to find a mate through the advanced search. Just choose the species, gender, traits, etc, and set "for breeding" to yes. You can even sort the pets according to breeding fee, and set a range of prices you want.

You can also use the advanced search to search for cheap pets if you like. Just take it slow though. Once you start breeding actively, it's really easy to fill up your stables.
Kei
Level 60
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 8:59 PM Post #9
Ohhhh, I JUST saw the envelop icon (I was thinking like what are you guys talking about. xD).

Through advance search, I can also find pets on sale, right? I think I'll browse for some there, thank you so much!
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 9:17 PM Post #10
Yep. You can choose the traits you want, and the price range as well. =)
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.