Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > 2 different traits in the same slot
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
LunaTsukino
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 9
Posted: 1/24/2016 at 7:10 PM Post #1
So I tried this in the Breeding grounds tests. But I wanna know if this is just my bad luck or something.

If 2 pets had two different traits in the same slot, does the Females trait always over dominate the males or is it 50% chance to get one or the other?

Also how do Hidden and Visible change this chance
Edited By LunaTsukino on 1/24/2016 at 7:14 PM.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 1/24/2016 at 7:54 PM Post #2
The visible trait will always be the one that is most dominant. On this game, each trait is represented by a letter from the alphabet. The letter N = no trait, or a blank, and is always dominant. So, if you have one pet that looks like this:

G1: NN
G2: NB
G3: DD
M1: NQ
M2: AC (hidden)
M3: NN

And a pet like this:

G1: AA
G2: AL (hidden)
G3: BF (hidden)
M1: NA
M2: DE (hidden)

And you bred them together, you would get one of these results:

G1: NA
G2: NA or NL or AB or BL
G3: BD or DF
M1: NA or NQ or AQ or NN
M2: AD or AE or CD or CE

So, you can see that in G2, the trait represented by "L" will never be visible in the babies. Similarly, in G3 "F" will never be visible, in M1 "Q" will never be visible, and in M2, "E" will never be visible. It all depends on the dominance of the traits in question. You can also see that hiddens add a lot more variety to the trait possibilities in a baby. You can find out the letters of the traits in three ways: the image code, the generator, or the advanced search. And remember, to know what hiddens your pets have, you have to have them genetically tested.
LunaTsukino
Level 60
The Majestic
Posted: 1/24/2016 at 8:22 PM Post #3
Right I got most of that, already. What I'm confused about is

Say Pet 1 has G1: AA
Pet 2 has G1: BB

Which would be the visible trait? or is there a chance of it being 50/50? AB and BA

And on your example. Why would M1's Q never be visible? Since Q and A are both recessive while N is dominant in both cases. How can I tell which recessive/hidden will be the one that will never be visible? Say my bulbori pair's hidden Chibi Wings(NB) vs hidden Butterfly Wings(NA)
Edited By LunaTsukino on 1/24/2016 at 8:24 PM.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Posted: 1/24/2016 at 8:37 PM Post #4
If you look at my explanation, you will see that the dominance is chosen by the letters. Therefore A will always be dominant to B. Therefore, in the case of an AA x BB situation, babies will 100% be AB. If the traits were AC x BB, then it would be a chance of AB or BC, in which case B would show when C were inherited. If the traits were AA x BC, then the babies would be AB or AC, therefore still only ever showing A as visible.

Edit: just remember alphabetical order. A is above B is above C, and so on, except for the case of N. So Q being way down in the alphabet, and A being at the beginning, Q can never be over A
Edited By Mikazukichan on 1/24/2016 at 8:39 PM.
LunaTsukino
Level 60
The Majestic
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 3:52 PM Post #5
Ah that's what I didn't get XD. The alphabet. So effectively it's in Alphabetical order. And N comes before A.

N, A, B, C, D, E and so on.

Thanks I get it now
Lavelle
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 77
Posted: 1/29/2016 at 11:58 PM Post #6
N doesn't come before A it just means there's nothing there :) NN is nothing in the slot at all and NC for example would mean no visible trait and a hidden C trait. The appearance of N in offspring is all to do with genetics and percentages (pretty much the same as IRL punnett squares), not to do with it being dominant to anything, it doesn't overpower anything.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Posted: 1/30/2016 at 8:40 AM Post #7
Haha, I was trying to keep it somewhat simple to understand by stating that N is dominant to everything (ie. "nothing" wins out over anything else being visible instead of following the dominance of the other letters.... to avoid confusion, especially for those that haven't had high school science yet XP).

But yes, to be clear, N is an absence of trait rather than a dominant trait in itself. Any visible trait requires two trait 'alleles' in any given slot, and any given carried or recessive trait requires one allele.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.