Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Mother's Genes/Mutations
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Jme
Level 38
Threads: 3
Posted: 1/10/2016 at 8:55 AM Post #1
When I press "test breed" in the breeding generator, I've found that the tests never seem to show the mother's mutations or genes. Is this normal? Is it possible to have a pet with the mother's genes/mutations? I've bred a hatchling from all my pairs and it'd be a little disappointing if they all only had the father's genes. I used a testing kit and did indeed find that one of them at least only got the father's mutation (specifically the Puffadore). Is this just luck? I spent some real money creating all the parents with different genes and mutations hoping for some interesting offspring so I'm hoping it's just me having bad luck right now and not that I missed something somewhere about the mother's genes not being passed on.
Edited By Jme on 1/10/2016 at 8:57 AM.
Xxxdruidxxx
Level 57
Threads: 56
Posted: 1/10/2016 at 9:04 AM Post #2
Could you send a link to the parents? Because if only one of the parents carry that gene it may not be shown in the offspring because if only one of the genes are present it will be carried instead of being visible.

For example. A mother with gene AA and a father with no gene in that slot.

the offspring will probably be a carrier A-

If the parents are both carriers A- and A-
They could either have an offspring which is a carrier too, an offspring which has no gene or an offspring which displays the gene.

Offspring chances-
Carrier A- 50% chance
No gene -- 25% chance
Visible AA 25% chance

If this didn't make sense I'm sorry XD I'm not the best at explaining
Xxxdruidxxx
Level 57
Posted: 1/10/2016 at 9:13 AM Post #3
I'm not 100% sure on this but I think if one parents is for example AA and the other is BB their offspring will be AB but because A is dominant the offspring shows AA, somebody correct me if I'm wrong!

I think it's right as your puffadore male has the 'flower crown' gene (CC) and the female has the 'Astral Horn' (FF) and the offspring has the flower crown because CC is dominant over FF.
The offspring has 100% chance of being CC -
CF
CF
FC
FC
But C is dominant so it will be displayed and F won't!

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2030895 I checked this pet
Edited By Xxxdruidxxx on 1/10/2016 at 9:22 AM.
Jme
Level 38
Posted: 1/10/2016 at 9:18 AM Post #4
That does make sense, don't worry! And I just re-read the breeding guide I read when I first started the site and it does confirm that any gene from any parent has the possibility of being visible or carried on the offspring, but obviously it's not definite. I think I'm just finding it really weird that no matter what, when I "test" the breeding, I never see the mother's genes or mutations. Maybe it's just a glitch in the program or maybe I would have to click "test" like a hundred times haha.

So for example if you go to my hatchery & stables, I've bred every one of my "couples" once so far.

This pet has the father's Mystic Runes as visible.
This pet I tested to see and it again got the father's (Flower Crown this time).
This pet and This pet got no genes so if they have any mutations it will be the father's (the mother only had a gene, no mutations).

I think it just happened that I managed to breed a bunch of random hatchlings who are all (or almost all) taking after their fathers. xD

Does inter-breeding damage the pet? The guide used inter-breeding as an example of getting pets with multiple genes and mutations but I thought inter-breeding would be bad in some ways?
Edited By Jme on 1/10/2016 at 9:20 AM.
Xxxdruidxxx
Level 57
Posted: 1/10/2016 at 9:24 AM Post #5
If you would like a could quickly draw up a table of all the possible offsprings? From the puffadore's. I'm bored so I don't mind XD
Jme
Level 38
Posted: 1/10/2016 at 9:24 AM Post #6
Ohhhh, okay, so that's a part I didn't know! I didn't realise what the letters beside the genes/mutations in the generator did.

So if I have one pet with something that is AA, and one pet with something that is like JJ or something, the JJ mutation would never appear on offspring? Or only rarely?

LOL, you can if you want! It's getting pretty intense now with the letters.
Edited By Jme on 1/10/2016 at 9:25 AM.
Xxxdruidxxx
Level 57
Posted: 1/10/2016 at 9:29 AM Post #7
I think that's the case but and the offspring would be AJ (But it would show as AA) but if you bred that offspring with another AJ it could have an AJ, AA or JJ and then the JJ would show again! But it wouldn't show in the middle generation. This is what would happen in real life so I take it sylestia's the same if not then no JJ will not ever be shown unless both the parents are JJ or JJ and something lower down in the alphabet. I've only played sylestia for a month though so I can't say for certain!
Jme
Level 38
Posted: 1/10/2016 at 9:32 AM Post #8
Okay that's good to know! I guess I'll breed a couple times and see what comes up and then maybe just breed with other pets who aren't mine but have the option to and the same genes that I'd like visible ^_^
Xxxdruidxxx
Level 57
Posted: 1/10/2016 at 9:43 AM Post #9
Could you let me know if this is the case? Because when I breed zolnixi's and lupora I'll need to know how the system works too XD

Jme
Level 38
Posted: 1/10/2016 at 9:44 AM Post #10
Sure!! I've just bred them all again to see what happens ^_^ it'll be a bit but I don't post much so I'll find this post easily haha
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.