Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > 2015 Fall Festival Overview
Page 15 1, 2, 3... 13, 14, 15 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Kitzune
Level 60
Threads: 60
Posted: 11/27/2015 at 7:51 PM Post #141
I'm not saying they shouldn't protect their work, but this is a game. People breed pets and sell them to other players who want to breed them. If they perfect a species then good for them. That doesn't mean that people who breed them are going to copy it. And even if they did people shouldn't get mad about it. Because it's just a game. It's not like your making or losing real money. (Unless you bought that pet for diamonds lol) I'm not trying to step on people's toes here, I just don't think the game needs this item. In the long run I think it's going to cause more harm then good.
Lavelle
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 77
Posted: 11/27/2015 at 7:59 PM Post #142
If you don't think people should get mad about what other people do with their pets why are you mad about people sterilising Taggeds?

This is a very popular item that's going to be a huge help to people who run lots of 6v Projects. It's not about "copying" it's about making effort equal reward.
Entropy
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 27
Posted: 11/27/2015 at 7:59 PM Post #143
"Because it's just a game."

I feel like this sentence captures perfectly why there's not any problem with this product. If they sterilize a tagged, if they sterilize a project pet, if they sterilize anything. It's their choice and we'd all know it before we bought the pet. It seems very unlikely it would become a widespread issue, and the most compelling evidence of this?

We already have a philter of infertility.

This is just a multiple use infertility philter, and if these users you're concerned over aren't already buying up loads of those philters to use on their pets, tagged or otherwise, I'm pretty sure they won't suddenly begin to.
KittersKamala
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 44
Posted: 11/27/2015 at 8:00 PM Post #144
except that's -exactly- what you're saying. I've seen some peoples breeding pairs. (actually visually seen) They get 6vis pets from people selling their pets cheap to make the theme available to people who couldn't afford higher prices, Now these are Fableds I'm talking about, so it could take anywhere from three to twelve months to make it to 6 vis (or longer) and turn around and sell offspring for more than they paid for the parents.

That is a problem. its very expensive to buy individual philters for each offspring, it cuts into profits of any kind, and makes it so that not many people can afford it.

Someone biting their own nose off for spite is just an annoyance. If someone is really spiteful enough to infertile Tagged pets just to be annoying. They'll do it despite the cost of individual philters. so the only people NOT having this item would hurt are the breeders.

Also there will -Always- be themed offspring. there is an entire society dedicated. to ensuring that there are always offspring of as many themes as possible. If you'd like to look into this contact Squigles! ^^ I don't keep the society information handy but I know Squigles is breeding Springtime Nixis to keep the theme alive! ^^
TurquoiseGiraffe
Level 70
Mojo Master
Threads: 30
Posted: 11/27/2015 at 8:00 PM Post #145
I don't think anyone is going to sterilize and then sell a tagged pet they would otherwise have sold intact. Someone who feels that strongly about not wanting others to breed using their tagged pets just wouldn't have sold them in the first place. Assuming for the sake of argument that significant numbers of such people exist, this item would have zero impact on the number of fertile tagged pets up for sale, while also giving more people the option to buy sterilized ones (presumably for significantly lower amounts). I'm still not seeing how people who like to buy and breed taggeds are worse off than they were before.
Kitzune
Level 60
Threads: 60
Posted: 11/27/2015 at 8:11 PM Post #146
I just don't like how people are beginning to treat this like it's the real world. I've seen this happen to great games in the past and they all ended up shutting down because of it. Using words like 'economy' and such. It's a game. Games are supposed to be fun. The personalization feature is already in the avatar, coloring, and intricate breeding systems. Plus, 'We already have a Philter of Infertility' We don't need anymore then that.
KittersKamala
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 44
Posted: 11/27/2015 at 8:13 PM Post #147
I'm sorry but that's a very ignorant view ^^;;; Thing on the games cost game currency, ergo there HAS to be a game 'economy'. Otherwise Everyone would have Everything and there'd be no point in putting any effort in. ^^;;;
Keanai
Level 66
The Hallowed
Threads: 71
Posted: 11/27/2015 at 8:41 PM Post #148
The main thing people use infertility potions on are stat babies c: stat babies generally require many, many prismatic philters - things that cost diamonds. Even with pris philters, a stat project can also take easily a year's worth of active breeding to do it. This is, as you can see, a big investment. This unlimited kit allows people to sell the stat offspring without fear that others will take stat babies and breed them... therefore doing NO work, and paying little to nothing. That's why it was implemented.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 11/27/2015 at 9:03 PM Post #149
The way we view this is that there is a demand for such a feature so we have added it. Just because it's available doesn't mean you have to use it.

Also, if you don't want to purchase pets that are infertile then you just simply don't and supply will control demand and things will fall into place. I am sure infertile pets will sell for less than fertile ones so there will still be an incentive to sell fertile pets vs infertile.

All in all, I think this is an item that works for everyone.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.