Page 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 10/19/2015 at 6:29 AM Post #81
The alternative would have been to allow literally every Aurleon created to be regenable because they are all now using MC1 as accent colors to their wings and tails. This would have basically made all 'progress' on Aurleons up to this point worthless because now you would just be able to completely customize every single Aurleon in the game. So we chose not to do that.

Sylestia is still in a Beta. With Betas come changes. We obviously do our very best to make changes have as little negative impact as is possible. The species revamps are revamps we make so that, going forward, things are improved. Unfortunately, this will always clash with existing pets and existing Themes. It's 100% impossible to avoid that. I imagine that someday down the road we will work on editing Themed Pets' base colors to match the revamps and then allow some sort of way to "reset" a Themed Pet to its base colors so players can get a more updated Themed Pet. But without that, it's basically impossible to prevent these types of issues.

That being said, I am going to go through to allow all Generated Aurleons to be able to be Regenerated. I hope this can at least help to resolve the issue. Beyond that though, it's just part of Sylestia evolving for the future and we ask that you try to make the best of it.

You also don't have to purchase Dyes from the Diamond Shop... they can be obtained with Scales or you can just buy them from other players. There are alternatives.
Nabiki
Level 62
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 96
Posted: 10/19/2015 at 12:48 PM Post #82
So, I'll fix the Gen 1s and release the rest. I've got a ton in the hatchery though and it makes it a rather bitter thing to realize I'm going to be dumping so many as useless.
Metalwolfgemstone
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 124
Posted: 10/19/2015 at 10:24 PM Post #83
Why do the color placements always have to change!? I absolutely despise this because I spend so much money (both real and Sylestia gold) buying color mutators to fix these mistakes! This is my only MAJOR problem with all these revamps. =/ It makes me not want to get anymore pets until all these revamps end in case something like this happens again. Its just so damaging, especially with people doing projects and such.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 10/19/2015 at 10:36 PM Post #84
The colors are completely changeable when you regen by the way
Donmino
Level 70
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 10/19/2015 at 10:46 PM Post #85
Hi, Krin! I bought this girl before the revamp, because I was very excited about regening her:

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1791667

She has 12 GP for me to reallocate, but she's also marked as having all of her colors changeable as well. I certainly wouldn't complain if I could create a custom 6-vis Aurleon this way, but it feels a touch game-breaking so I wanted to mention it, just in case.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/19/2015 at 11:01 PM Post #86
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=29840&page=9#83
Author: Metalwolfgemstone
Time Posted: 10/19/2015 at 10:24 PM
Why do the color placements always have to change!? I absolutely despise this because I spend so much money (both real and Sylestia gold) buying color mutators to fix these mistakes! This is my only MAJOR problem with all these revamps. =/ It makes me not want to get anymore pets until all these revamps end in case something like this happens again. Its just so damaging, especially with people doing projects and such.

When we work on the revamps, for the most part, we strive to make the new designs the best that we can. We don't really hold ourselves back based on mistakes we made with the original designs. Our goal is to revamp the artwork going forward. This of course has the unfortunate consequence of causing issues with existing pets during the process.

Additionally, we've revamped the original six species which were the most out of date and chaotic. So the revamps in terms of swapping colors around are probably more severe the older the artwork is.

On top of that, we often add more detail (colors) to many existing genes and mutations. So when we do that, we have to restructure things so that everything fits and flows. And again, when we do this, we focus on the new Aurleon - not the old.

Fortunately, we do offer regenerations to fix the bulk of issues on top of just giving players, more or less, just a second chance to redesign pets that they love. For those that aren't eligible for a regeneration, we have Pet Dyes, Mutators, Nullification Philters, Gender Swapping Philters, and Trait Disruptors. There are a lot of options to edit pets. Is it a perfect cure-all? No... but it should help to mitigate a lot of the issues.

And remember, Sylestia is still in a Beta. It is Faiona and I's job to make sure Sylestia launches in the best form that it can and we feel that these species revamps help to accomplish that.
Metalwolfgemstone
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 10/19/2015 at 11:04 PM Post #87
Not all of my Aurleons are regeneratable....
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 10/19/2015 at 11:04 PM Post #88
Ohh...good luck then
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/19/2015 at 11:05 PM Post #89
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=29840&page=9#85
Author: Donmino
Time Posted: 10/19/2015 at 10:46 PM
Hi, Krin! I bought this girl before the revamp, because I was very excited about regening her:

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1791667

She has 12 GP for me to reallocate, but she's also marked as having all of her colors changeable as well. I certainly wouldn't complain if I could create a custom 6-vis Aurleon this way, but it feels a touch game-breaking so I wanted to mention it, just in case.

All Aurleons regenable also are eligible to have their colors changed since most of the affected traits had their colors change.

So yes, you can basically create a custom 6-vis.

The Regenerator also isn't able to be specific with what can or can't be changed without significant overhauling to the entire process. So it's either all colors or no colors. There also isn't a way for me not to allow traits to be re-selected. But with everything going on... I don't really want to spend time atm to overhaul the regeneration process.
Metalwolfgemstone
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 10/19/2015 at 11:05 PM Post #90
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.