Players 2,359 344
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,252,691 861
Generated 656,375 25
Captured 1,190,864 31
Bred 6,405,357 805
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Fall Festival General Themed Discussion
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 14, 15, 16 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Entropy
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 27
Posted: 10/11/2015 at 2:42 PM Post #31
My vote definitely goes for your gravestone morkko. c:
Esylana
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 10
Posted: 10/11/2015 at 2:47 PM Post #32
Glad I could help with the Nixi, I felt really awkward typing it out, I'm not really comfortable critiquing other's work like that, but I wanted to make sure you were happy with the design. ^_^

Thank you for letting me know about my designs, too! Whatever designs don't get picked may be made into projects later. :)
Gingerpaw
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 48
Posted: 10/11/2015 at 2:51 PM Post #33
Critique or comments on these designs?

Eerie Night Kelpari

Frosty Leaves Lunemara

Pumpkin Pie Luffox

Scarecrow Qitari

Misty Moon Ryori
Esylana
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 10
Posted: 10/11/2015 at 3:01 PM Post #34
I have to say, your Qitari has really caught my eye!

Those colors play together so nicely, and most of the genes and mutations go together nicely on it!

I played, I played with it a bunch! Gene 2 has to be my favorite, the way the gold pops on top of the red and the grey!

My only critique is the brightness of Mutation 3's coloring, it can make the wings stand out more than they probably should, and the Qitari wings can be hard to work with from the get go. But that's a personal choice, if you're happy with it, then definitely keep it!

~~~

I love your Aurleon design, the deep blue, the greys, and the wine-colored red just go together so very nicely. I hope the new Aurleon redraw will do them the same justice!

~~~

Lastly, I really liked your Zolnixi themed idea. I think you should do it as a personal project if nothing else, I would be interested in seeing more of your "Disney Princess" themed Nixi's!
Iowayshay
Level 70
Mojo Master
Threads: 23
Posted: 10/11/2015 at 3:17 PM Post #35
Thanks a lot! I have so many issues with wings on Quitaris, I feel like I can never get them to look quite right, or they're just so large and imposing that I hate them no matter what, I really wanted to make the demon wings work though.

Honestly, with the color scheme I wanted to stay as close to primary colors as possible so I could keep the "circus" vibe while still giving an eerie sort of look. I really like it, I'll probably make it a project if anything!

And I'm already there with the Disney Nixis, I've already made so many different designs. I'm trying to gather up essences now so I can get started, so far I've just got one momma nixi for my Cinderella project, but thats still progress right? Lol

Your Savannah Oasis Lighira is really gorgeous btw. :3
Iowayshay
Level 70
Mojo Master
Posted: 10/11/2015 at 3:33 PM Post #36
So I've seen tons of these Day of the Dead pets and stuff, which is a really cool idea, but your nixi is GORGEOUS, like, the colors are so perfect and vibrant! It really looks great! and so perfect with the stubby tail and witch doctor traits, which are my absolute favorite. Definitely the best Dia de los Muertos pet I've seen so far.

also I'm really glad you liked my quitari design. :3
Entropy
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 27
Posted: 10/11/2015 at 3:41 PM Post #37
Well, before I post some of my favourites here I wanted to thank you for including some of mine in yours and offer some opinions like you asked. c:

First of all, I love your day of the dead pets. They're all a nice combo of dark and light.

I like your Faelora rather a lot, but I think the yellow of g1 might be a bit bright in some cases such as alone with antelope. That said it makes lovely contrast and looks great layered with g2, so it's a tough call.

I really, really like your Lunemara. It's such a lovely warm blend of colours. My only comment is that leaving c3 as solid white instead of making it a very light cream makes it a little less warm feeling and while I like the contrast it can provide, I think giving it just a little bit of a tint would achieve the same affect and make it fit more with everything else. I also think making m2 either a little darker or lighter would make both of the mutations stand out from the base colour a little more.

Your lupora is gorgeous. I think that the subtlety of g2 on it is nice but I think it might be just a shade *too* subtle to be noticed, I think lightening it just a bit more might make it stand out just that little bit more to make it really work. I also think that m1 looks slightly better with the brown of g1 instead of the black of g3.

Your Nephini is awesome and I have no critique at all on it.

Your Qitari has the same colours as your Faelora, and I feel like they work a little better here, although I have a bit of the same concern for your yellow. I also think you might want to darken your red slightly on m1 because some of the mutations use a lightened form of it and it looks a bit pinkish as is. However, it also looks great on the mutations without that issue. So you might want to experiment a little, or just leave it.

Love your Ryori, the only issue is some of your m1s are a bit difficult to see, but I don't think that's much of an issue at all.

And whew, that's my feedback. Guess I'll need another post for my favourites, haha.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 10/11/2015 at 3:44 PM Post #38
@Iowayshay

Thanks so much! I actually have a version of the Day of the Dead nixi I submitted waiting to be turned into a project (since I originally created the Day of the Dead pets last year), so if it doesn't make it into the fest, it will be made a reality at some point. The only real difference between the one I listed here, and the one on my project thread is the tail. My project has Chow Tail instead of Stubby Tail.

And I really liked your qitari design. It took me completely by surprise! I just kept looking at it and liking it more the longer I looked at it ^.^ I also really love the soft frostiness of your lupora. I'd probably actually collect a few of those XD
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 10/11/2015 at 3:47 PM Post #39
@Entropy

Thanks for your critiques! I'm definitely going to take a look at the areas you brought up ^.^ Especially with the lupora (not being a lupora breeder myself, I don't have much experience with the different combinations). Thanks again for your input! ^__^
Owl0430
Level 66
Trickster
Posted: 10/11/2015 at 4:46 PM Post #40
how NOT to do a day of the dead themed pet--
mine-

how to make one---
NOT MADE BY ME--->

the entries i made that im most proud of are the following-- feel free to comment on them.or tell me if you like them!
Cinnamon Bun Faelora

Black Magic Luffox

Apple Cider Bulbori

Vampire Bat Nytekrie
Edited By Owl0430 on 10/11/2015 at 4:48 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 14, 15, 16
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.