Players 2,387 365
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,248,392 1,193
Generated 656,295 34
Captured 1,190,692 64
Bred 6,401,310 1,095
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > I'm new and...
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Fife
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 40
Posted: 9/14/2015 at 8:19 PM Post #11
Hi Vlektra and welcome ^ ^

If you have any questions feel free to inbox me if you haven't found anyone else. :)
Vlektra
Level 41
Threads: 1
Posted: 9/14/2015 at 8:20 PM Post #12
Thank you very much! ^-^
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 9/14/2015 at 8:31 PM Post #13
Most of us made our starter pets just to be nice looking, and rarely use them as projects. So it's totally okay! In fact a lot of people didn't put colors in, or even I forgot to put colors in the non-trait slots!

But making something you like without thinking is a great way to start. You can make something, save it, and come back later to think about it and fix the colors and genes!

And a lot of people who need help gathering supplies for a project might ask for help in exchange for offspring. Some people even enter user-run design contests and get ideas that way, which is great because there's usually lots of feedback!

I hope you have lots of fun making pets, hehe. There's lots of tutorials in both the Player Guides forum, the Newbie/FAQ forum, and even some specific stuff in the Breeding and Battle forums! Poking around forums is a great thing for any new user to do, even if you just find out what stuff goes where, you'll know where to look or post to find a specific answer!
Vlektra
Level 41
Posted: 9/14/2015 at 8:38 PM Post #14
Good to know I wasn't the only one! And I still like my starter pet I just felt like I might have been the only one to overlook gene stuff. x3

When you mention supplies do you mean essences or something else that's important to have? :o

I've looked around quite a bit but it's still a little overwhelming I guess. :] I'll definitely keep poking around though and researching. And I've been having a ton of fun so far! ^.^
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 9/14/2015 at 9:19 PM Post #15
Oh no, some people are so ashamed of their starters that they release them XD

Essences are the basis, some people can't get them easily, but there's also Dyes, to fix pets that didn't come out the right color when generated(very unlikely with Mystical essences), Magical Pies that speed up the aging process on offspring(to make them Adults faster so they can breed sooner!), and other stuff from premade(but undyed) pets with the needed traits to various Philters, which can raise base stats(good for making very strong battle pets), swap the pet's gender, and other effects. It depends on what you have available to you, if you can get Diamonds whenever you might not need help. Of course, it's always good to help others when you can n_n

Yeah, there's a lot. But a little bit of poking around now and then, you'll be able to navigate the site easily in a month at least! Things are pretty well organized, and new fixes are popping up with every update.
Vlektra
Level 41
Posted: 9/14/2015 at 10:01 PM Post #16
oh wow that's a lot of neat stuff, I only knew about a couple of those! >.< Haha, thanks again for the help and advice/info! I hugely appreciate it. ^-^
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.