Players 2,371 350
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,251,830 1,159
Generated 656,350 34
Captured 1,190,833 51
Bred 6,404,552 1,074
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > I hate what this festivle nurture thing...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Metalwolfgemstone
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 124
Posted: 8/31/2015 at 3:28 AM Post #1
I bred very beautiful puffadores to sell at fair prices- mainly so people with poor income or are new to the site could afford a very pretty 3, 4, 5 or even 6 vis pet. Then someone bought ALL of my hatched puffs and immediately released them afterward. Gorgeous pets now gone and can never be enjoyed. It's for that stupid leaderboards thing. The festival battle/nurture contests. I also find this as a form of cheating, not allowing others a fair chance to win at the contest. =/ I just needed to vent about this because it REALLY upset me....
Aniseed
Level 60
Sylestiologist
Threads: 18
Posted: 8/31/2015 at 5:46 AM Post #2
I, uh, hate to sound unsympathetic, because it really is a kind of sketchy thing, but why on earth would you put them up for sale during a festival?

edited: removed cussin'
Edited By Aniseed on 8/31/2015 at 12:03 PM.
Swirl
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 130
Posted: 8/31/2015 at 9:57 AM Post #3
Well, the leaderboards thingy isn't exactly stupid.... but I think people shouldn't breed eggs, nurture them and then release them / purchase them and release them. It's not fair/nice/morally correct (in my pov) to do that. I participated in the ryori nurturing contest last time, but some people had over 300 more nurtures than me though I nurtured all hatchlings/eggs and I started nurturing on the first day that the competition started. So I'm not participating in this round of contest. I'm pretty pissed off as well.
Turquoisefeather
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 186
Posted: 8/31/2015 at 11:12 AM Post #4
i'd be unhappy as well if pets i worked hard to produced were bought then just released! I never take part in the nurture battle things because no matter how much i try, someone's gonna figure out how to do it better and the players that actually try hard never get the exclusive pet they tried so hard to earn......
Gypsycrest19
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 26
Posted: 8/31/2015 at 11:37 AM Post #5
I think, that the release feature should be automatically shut off during the festivals with a Nurture competition, cause of this exact reason. TnT

@Aniseed - He explained why he did. For newer/poorer players to have a chance at beautiful pets with 4, 5, or 6 vis. I myself just finally got a 6-vis, and I've been here for a year and a half now. If there was ever a chance when I started out, and the times I'm poor, I would have been ecstatic at the chance to get a beautiful pet with that many vis's. He did it for them, and to have all that hard work released because of a Nurture competition? That was wrong.
Aniseed
Level 60
Sylestiologist
Threads: 18
Posted: 8/31/2015 at 11:41 AM Post #6
Yes, but he's been here for long enough that he knows about festivals, and it's not like there was any secret about what the format was going to be for the competition. There was nothing stopping him from just taking his pets off the market for two weeks.

Again, I'm not saying it wasn't wrong, but I am saying that it was preventable.
Donmino
Level 70
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 8/31/2015 at 11:47 AM Post #7
scoots on in to give my two cents

I do agree that it is 'shady business', as I've heard it called. I personally feel like there's something... off about buying, nurturing, and releasing pets to give yourself an edge on the competition. At the same time, though, this isn't against any rules and if people didn't do this, we'd have a lot of identical nurturing scores, because there are only so many pets of a species to nurture at a time.

This said, they did buy your pets at the price you set :O they payed the gold and then got to do what they wanted with the pet. That's how buying stuff works. To avoid people nurturing and immediately releasing your pets, you could wait to sell them until they're adolescents? That way the people doing nurturing wouldn't have any interest in them.
Metalwolfgemstone
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 8/31/2015 at 11:53 AM Post #8
Because I thought the contest was over. I wasn't aware that they started a new one.
Gypsycrest19
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 26
Posted: 8/31/2015 at 11:55 AM Post #9
@Aniseed - So because it was preventable, you think he has no right to be upset or angry at the situation? He was hoping, that they'd find new, nice and permanent homes with users who don't have a lot. Not bought and released. And it's not even the festival either. I've had a lot of my pets, beautiful designs you'd want to breed to get even more, bought in the past by one person, then released right after. Like there's a wait to breed females agin, I think there should be a wait to release a pet after buying. Especially during festivals.
Metalwolfgemstone
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 8/31/2015 at 11:56 AM Post #10
I already plan on that. See I was hanging on to them until the competition was over. Then when I thought it was, I put them back up for sale. I didn't realize a new competition had started right after.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.