Players 2,359 344
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,252,691 861
Generated 656,375 25
Captured 1,190,864 31
Bred 6,405,357 805
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > Sylestian Naming Group(Recruit + Brainst...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 8/28/2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1
This is not the naming service thread, just a recruitment for those who would like to help! Please do not post asking for names at this time!

There doesn't seem to be a single continuous thread for finding pet names, much less a bunch of people at once that can help out. So i figure, let's make a place where people can ask for names, and we can give them some options!

Basically, a user can post a pet(s) to be named, with or without guidelines, and the members(and other users, if the owner allows) can suggest names for the pet(s), and the owner can choose a name or ask for more options.

If you like naming sylestis and would like to help other users, please apply to be a member of the naming service! specific details can be discussed once we have a handful of members, such as if it'll cost or be free and suggestions for naming guidelines/themes.

Pinged a few of you who expressed interest, but anyone can have a look. Questions are to ensure variety in naming and availability.

Application form:
Username:
How active are you?: (average hours per day/days per week, time zone if you're comfortable sharing)
Naming methods:(how do you go about finding names? do you do specialty names, like titles?)

Members:
Cyanidae (on for several hours at a time, 7 days a week, EST. uses generators, name sites, derives names. Does specialties.)
Xialey (Fairly active, takes breaks. makes up names on the spot.)
Pheonixpharaoh (3-5 hrs a day. uses music for inspiration, makes names up on the spot. does specialties.
Soltra8 (UTC+8, at least an hour daily. combines names, english/chinese/japanese names, searches for names. Does specialties.)
Edited By Cyanidae on 8/29/2015 at 11:43 AM.
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 8/28/2015 at 5:36 PM Post #2
Reserving for brainstorming

k, i think that's it for now. i'll edit the posts as needed. You're free to post now!
Edited By Cyanidae on 8/28/2015 at 5:36 PM.
Xialey
Level 62
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 0
Posted: 8/28/2015 at 5:50 PM Post #3
Username: xialey
How active are you?:pretty active on here but sometimes I take little breaks
Naming methods: I have a VERY creative mind
Pheonixpharaoh
Level 60
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 28
Posted: 8/28/2015 at 10:07 PM Post #4
Username: Pheonixpharaoh(yes, I know Phoenix is spelled wrong)
How active are you?: (average hours per day/days per week, time zone if you're comfortable sharing) 3-5 hours every day
Naming methods: I find names by listening to music, or taking the first word that appears in my head after looking at the sylesti and translating it in to a random language, mostly Japanese, Greek and Irish. And yes, I can do specialties
Edited By Pheonixpharaoh on 8/28/2015 at 10:10 PM.
Soltra8
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 20
Posted: 8/29/2015 at 3:06 AM Post #5
I may not be active on naming.... but...

Username: Soltra8
How active are you?: UTC+8, On nearly every day, at least 1 hour per day.
Naming methods: Urmmmm look at my stables? :3 I ask friends for ideas and twist the names they give me, that's one way. Though if I'd do it on my own, names firstly range from English, to Chinese (yay~ my mother tongue~), to Japanese (hehehe... I'm not very accurate with this language), and tend to follow Warrior Cats naming style - [Front name] [Second name]. They can also be single names, either created from a very, very, very bored time or by just relentlessly searching internet for names till i find one I like ^^
GhostlyFours
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 61
Posted: 9/2/2015 at 4:15 PM Post #6
Username: Mewsalot2017
How active are you?: Im on about 2-8 hours a day (depending what day)/everyday/and my time zone is Eastern Time Zone(an hour ahead of Sylestia)
Naming methods: to be honest, I search some names up, but then i put my spin on them... But sometimes the name just hits me if Im looking at what im naming (i have to see what it looks like before i can even name it)
Edited By Mewsalot2017 on 9/19/2015 at 1:52 PM.
Erinkitty2003
Level 60
Threads: 14
Posted: 9/3/2015 at 12:03 PM Post #7
Username: Erinkitty2003
How active are you?: I try to get on every day, although school as kind of made it hard for me to do that on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. As for hours, it really varies....
Naming methods: Usually I just look at the pet, think about what it reminds me of and try to come up with a name, if I can't, I'll go to name generators with the theme of what the pet reminded me of and see if there are any there that sound fitting.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.