Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Trash Babies Art Contest! [20 mil+ in pr...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Shrike
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 134
Posted: 8/2/2015 at 6:14 AM Post #1
QUESTION!
Would anyone enter if there were different prizes? If so, what?
EDIT: Prizes have been increased and updated.
EDIT 2: Contest end date has been changed to "When there are at least five entries".

----
Calling all artists!

I need art of my latest obsession! (I.e., my latest OCs.)
For this competition, you all will be drawing these nerds. They don't have to be in the same picture (you can draw just one or the other), but couple art will score major points.

(Individual refs. 1st one is Unnamed, second is Teo. Yes, they are both male.)

Color palettes:
Teo- Mahogany hair with a tinge of red-brown (can be drawn long as a teen or young adult, but must be like the reference as a kid), the front on the right is tied with two feathers, slightly lighter skin than Unnamed, brown eyes same shade as hair. Has darker freckles. As a bear, he is a smallish bear with fluffy fur and a white neck ruff and white spots above his eyes.

Unnamed- Chestnut brown hair, tan skin, chocolate brown eyes. As a bear, he is a solid chestnut brown color.

You can draw them as kids, or as teens/young adults. They are bear shifters, so if you do a couple art you may draw ONE of them as a bear, the other must be in human form. :)

Tips:
- I really like cute, fluffy couple art o w o;;
- Hoodies/sweatshirts are also a great way to get points.
- If your piece doesn't have a background, I appreciate transparency rather than white.
- Digital art is highly preferred over traditional.
- Draw me a ref sheet and I'll love you forever.

----
Now, I'm sure you're wondering about prizes and rules. The rules are tiny, the prizes... not so much ;D

Rules:
- All art must be your own. No tracing, using bases/editable lineart, or art theft D;
- This contest will run until September 2nd September 14th when there are at least five entries, so plenty of time to get your art in~
- I reserve the right to cancel the contest if I feel it has not received enough (quality) entries. I will compensate all entries to what I feel they are worth (with advice) in the case of a cancellation.

See? Short and simple, now for the prizes :)

1st place will receive their choice of either:
OR
~OR 10 lesser pet dyes, 1 greater pet dye, a 2-vis fish vulnyx or lupora, and two of the following: Beach Attire (Peppermint), Beach Attire (Pastel), Sand Crab (Sun), Sand Crab (Dew Drop), Sand Crab (Passion Pete).
Whatever first place winner chooses will come with 200k gold.

2nd place will receive whatever first place didn't choose, as well as 100k gold.

3rd place will receive whatever first and second didn't choose, as well as 50k gold.

Honorable mentions, if any, will receive their choice of (1) 1-vis non-fabled tagged from my 3rd stable.

---
Yay! Now, I'll just sit nervously on my hands and hope this is attractive enough to all you artists out there...
Edited By Shrike on 9/20/2015 at 1:58 AM.
Siennathecat
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 6
Posted: 8/2/2015 at 6:46 AM Post #2
I'm totally entering this. The couple is so cute holy cow...
Just a question, could one do a sort of comic thing? Just wondering.

EDIT: Also, this contest ends on mine and Sheepy's birthday, haha.
Edited By Siennathecat on 8/2/2015 at 6:47 AM.
Shrike
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 8/2/2015 at 6:48 AM Post #3
Aww, thanks! And definitely, although please do ask me if you have any questions regarding personalities, since I really love seeing my characters drawn in character.

Also, happy early birthday to you guys, that's in one month :D

EDIT: Totally forgot to reserve a q&a post, so doing it here. xx

Q: What's their background story?
A: It's kind of a long story, but basically the part that is relative here is that the two are part of a clan of bear shifters that live in a small community in a forest. They live mostly like humans, with homes and all, but they play-fight/fight and hunt mainly in bear form, and they are also territorial to other clans. Here, Teo and Unnamed (he really isn't unnamed, I just haven't given him one yet XD) are two kids born around the same time; Unnamed is one year older than Teo, and the two are super close. They were kinda enemies as children, because Teo was a kind of loner due to his small frame, something that is considered less than ideal in the bear shifter clans; however Unnamed was quite popular. The two became friends (and more) through a shared adversary, when the humans came and began cutting down trees in their forest. Unnamed and Teo were kidnapped by humans and brought to the City, a huge, government-controlled "utopia" for mankind. There, they eventually escaped the humans and returned to living in the forest (long story short), and that's how their relationship was built.

Q: What's their personalities?
A: Teo is kind of a moody tsundere, but hes super cuddly and loves any sort of physical contact with Unnamed (although he tries not to show it too obviously), i.e. handholding, cuddling, basically just being close. Unnamed is cheery and confident in himself, and takes the lead in their relationship (unless Teo is feeling possessive, which isquite often, actually). Teo doesn't like it when Unnamed is surrounded by lots of other people and they can't be super touchy like usual, however Unnamed doesn't really mind being cuddly even in public, so he'll often surprise Teo with a quick nose boop or hug or something.

Q: Who's taller?
A: Unnamed is taller, by quite a bit. If I had to estimate their heights, I'd say Unnamed is about 5'10, and Teo is about 5'4.

Q: Shifting aside, are they normal humans?
A: Pretty much, they learned a lot about "normal" human behaviors and clothing during their time in the City. So they wear things like hoodies and T-shirts and jeans and things. :D

Q: Favorite things?
A: Both of them like meat. A lot. (Which makes sense, being bear shifters...) Unnamed also picked up an unusual fondness for salad while in the City, but salad tbh still makes Teo gag. They're both also fond of fruit! As for favorite colors, Unnamed's favorite color is the reddish mahogany Teo's hair becomes in the sunlight. Teo's is silver, he's secretly always wanted to try having silver fur/hair.
Edited By Strike on 8/3/2015 at 4:52 PM.
Lenore
Level 75
Sylestiologist
Threads: 52
Posted: 8/2/2015 at 12:03 PM Post #4
*keeps an eye on thread*

I have a few art projects in queue already, but will hop on this when I finish those ^^

Would you mind sending me a more detailed description of their relationship and some backstory?
Shrike
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 8/3/2015 at 1:28 AM Post #5
I've added some information to my last post, feel free to ask me if you have more specific questions.
Siennathecat
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 6
Posted: 8/3/2015 at 8:04 AM Post #6
The funny thing is, I had actually compiled a list of questions about their personalities to ask...
...and the information you added answered EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Now I have everything I need to start ^^

Since I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which one of my many ideas to pick, here's some quick questions:
They wear normal human clothing, right? And what are their favorite things (foods, colors, etc.)?

EDIT: I'm assuming Teo is the shorter one?
Edited By Siennathecat on 8/3/2015 at 8:05 AM.
Sheepy
Level 60
Threads: 19
Posted: 8/3/2015 at 8:08 AM Post #7
do I smell an opportunity for cute, BL oc art?

hahahahahahaha holy cow I'm totally entering I'm a sucker for couple art and I've always wanted to try it 0v0
question: which one is taller?
how much taller is the tall one?
Edited By Sheepy on 8/3/2015 at 8:27 AM.
Resonance
Level 15
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/3/2015 at 12:39 PM Post #8
BL? OCS? CUTE AND FLUFFY?! Count me right in for this contest!!!
Shrike
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 8/3/2015 at 4:53 PM Post #9
All questions have been answered in the q&a post!

Glad to see you guys are interested! ^^
Resonance
Level 15
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/3/2015 at 10:55 PM Post #10
Here's my entry! I hope you like it ^^

Edited By Resonance on 8/6/2015 at 3:23 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.