Players 2,393 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,247,200 1,865
Generated 656,261 10
Captured 1,190,628 52
Bred 6,400,216 1,803
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Confused Bulbori?!
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Saira
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 10
Posted: 4/19/2013 at 12:09 AM Post #1
So this little muffin has finally hatched but has left me a little confused..

Both of his parents show marble... but he shows dutch? Anyone seen this before?

Grandmother on fathers side and grandfather on mothers side show dutch... is this most likely why? Also I noticed his mother carries tailwisp like he does but neither of her parents do..
Edited By 1865 on 4/19/2013 at 12:17 AM.
Shadowphyr
Level 60
Threads: 44
Posted: 4/19/2013 at 12:57 AM Post #2
Wow lucky! Looks like you bred a couple of Bulbori that showed a gene, but both carried a recessive gene of the same slot type. Which resulted in the baby (slim chances here, btw) to pick up the recessive trait. If you look at both the mother and father's URLs for the baby, you can see their g1 trait is actually BC (instead of BB or CC). BB is the official labeling for the Marble trait, whereas CC is the labeling for the Dutch. That basically means both parents show Marble, but they also carry Dutch (so they technically have 2 genes attached to their g1 trait, but because they share a slot, testing kits and the like can't show you that the slot both shows AND carries a gene). I.e. The only way you'd know if a pet both shows and carries a trait for the same slot is to look at their URL.

tl;dr: This game employs dominant and recessive traits for gene/mutation slots that have more than one option in the generator (Dutch/Marble/Spots, Shadow Markings/Tribal Markings/Double Spots, you get the idea). While one is generally dominant over all the others, there is still a slim chance that the recessive trait will claw its way to the surface instead. b
Saira
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 10
Posted: 4/20/2013 at 4:51 PM Post #3
@Shadowphyr

Thanks for shedding some light on this, I really appreciate it.

Do you know if any one has built a list showing what each gene's abbreviations are?

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.