Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Passive/Dominant Genes
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Amirell
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 101
Posted: 4/17/2013 at 5:41 AM Post #1
Hey all! So I have been breeding my Luporas for a while and I have noticed something that I'm not sure about. Is there such thing as Passive and Dominant Gene's ? For example when I have bred two Lupora's together one has Tribal coat and the other has Shadow coat, The baby has always come out with the Shadow coat never the Tribal coat. Also when I run the pair through test breeding the baby always comes up with Shadow coat as well. This isn't just one pair its will pretty much all pairs and similar too if I try to breed Spotted coat with Tribal coat, Tribal coat always comes out. I have noticed also that this dominant thing goes according to the list you see when you go to generate a pet.

So is this true or is it totally random ? Or does it even depend on what parent has what coat ? I have this pair here and Im wondering if their babies coats will always be shadow or will sometimes be Tribal. Thanks for your time!

Sylvette
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 4/17/2013 at 5:56 AM Post #2
@Amirell,

Yes. There are dominant and recessive genes.

One way to find out which genes are dominant and vice versa is to visit the generators. When creating a Sylesti, the gene that appears at the top of the list of a section is the dominant gene, and the ones that appear at the very last are the recessive gene.

For example, say I am looking at Gene Design 1 of Luporas. There are three options on the list:

1. Shadow markings
2. Tribal stripes
3. Double spots

In this case, since Shadow markings appear first on the list, it is the most dominant gene. Next most dominant is Tribal stripes, and leaving Double spots as the recessive gene (least dominant)

Edit: When breeding, this theory will also carry out to the hatchlings. Because Shadow Markings are more dominant than Tribal Stripes, there is a larger chance that the offspring of your two Luporas will inherit Shadow Markings. However, there is a (I think) 25% chance that the offspring will inherit Tribal Stripes instead

For more information, check out this breeding guide: http://www.sylestia.com/forums/?t=370

Hope this helps :3
Edited By 3716 on 4/17/2013 at 6:02 AM.
Amirell
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 101
Posted: 4/17/2013 at 6:44 AM Post #3
Ohhh good all makes sense now and whops didnt know it was in reynbowz guide XD Thank you!
Sylvette
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 4/17/2013 at 6:49 AM Post #4
Hahaha np!! :3

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.