Forum Index > Player Guides > ~Egg Hunt Guide~
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 4/26/2015 at 4:52 PM Post #1
NOTE: The guide below was for the 2015 egghunt. It's the same this year (2016) *except* we get 40 less moves (360 total) to complete the egg hunt. So it is much much harder to get 15 eggs.

The guide below averages at around 11 to 12 eggs now, rather than 13-15. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is a way to get much better, as I had calculated this strategy based on how many steps it takes to get to each egg off the center path. (NOTE: Added new advanced map here for better performance.)

So wishing you all good luck on the placement of eggs.

EGG HUNT GUIDE:
Here's a strategy for the egg hunt to get you roughly 13-15 eggs each time. Varies due to luck. There are other strategies out there. This is just one. Will try to improve it as I go along. Feel free to suggest as well.

Premise and Goal:
- You start with 400 moves
- Need to collect 15 eggs, of which 2 are in the prize section.
- This means to get all 15 you will need to average roughly 26 moves per egg.

How to gauge how you're doing part-way into the Egg Hunt:
- With a calculator, divide the # of moves left by the number of eggs you still need to find. If it is greater than 21, you are doing decently well.

Color code Key:
PURPLE: This is the general path to take. You should look in these areas EVEN IF you do not know whether an egg is there or not. Of course if you see an egg is not there, don't go there anyway lol. The purple path is roughly 310 steps from one end to the other if you go to every 17 egg spots along the way.

RED: You should only ever go down these sections in one direction. Meaning, only go in these areas when you are running out of moves. EVEN IF you know an egg is there. No matter how tempting it is.

SEA GREEN: While these paths cost more than the average number of moves per egg there may be cases where it can help due to changing the number of eggs you need to look for at the end from 4 to 3, or from 3 to 2, which is fantastic since each red section generally has only 2 or 3 eggs in it.

Strategy for starting area:
If you start in a red area: Pick up eggs close by then get to the purple area as quickly as possible!
If you start in the middle (near the special prizes): You got unlucky. After getting the prizes go to the bottom half of the map as there are more eggs there. Just stay there.

Credit for original blank map goes to Asviloka.
Edited By Taptothebeat on 6/8/2016 at 9:08 AM.
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 42
Posted: 4/27/2015 at 9:50 AM Post #2
THANK YOU I was hoping someone would do this. I'm terrible at figuring things like this out ahaha
Tap you're an angel sent from heaven ;w;
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 4/27/2015 at 12:49 PM Post #3
xD No problem. I'm sure the strategy can be improved, but I have not gotten less than 12 eggs with it, which is nice at least.
Snowpanda98
Level 61
Lord Luck
Threads: 0
Posted: 5/14/2015 at 3:33 AM Post #4
This really helped ^^ thank you :)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 5/22/2016 at 11:22 PM Post #5
Unlocked.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 5/22/2016 at 11:54 PM Post #6
Thank you~

@Anyone using this guide,
It is important to note that we get 40 less moves for the egg hunt this year. So it is more difficult to get 15 eggs. Good luck to all :)
Arofawn
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 41
Posted: 5/24/2016 at 12:46 PM Post #7
question... How do you get to the egg hunt??
Dahlia
Level 66
Green Thumb
Threads: 0
Posted: 5/24/2016 at 1:36 PM Post #8
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=24563&page=1#7
Author: Arofawn
Time Posted: 5/24/2016 at 12:46 PM
question... How do you get to the egg hunt??

In the festival zone, talk to May Flowers (the NPC on the right-hand side of the garden where you spawn when you first enter the zone).
Ripred
Level 64
Threads: 13
Posted: 6/1/2016 at 10:05 AM Post #9
Thank you Soooo much for this! <3
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 6/8/2016 at 9:06 AM Post #10
I know we are reaching the end of the festival. But decided to give a more advanced map tailored for this year's festival, to hopefully help those who are still trying for 15 eggs.

It's a bit more complicated, but I have never gotten below 11 eggs with following it correctly. My best is 15, which I've done twice. (I do admit I have gone afk midway, proceeding to go back on old empty paths and end up with only 9-10 eggs a few times xD)

Again, good luck with placement of eggs. c:

MORE ADVANCED EGG HUNT GUIDE (2016):
Here's a strategy for the egg hunt to get you roughly 12-13 eggs each time. Since this is a follow up guide from the one before, I'm not going to ramble with much else.

General tips:
- Middle Area: Unlike last year, the location for getting a boss or nest is fixed. Additionally, I think the chance of either the boss or a nest spawning is higher than a golden egg, so I'd go to the end, and check the back 4 squares first. c:

- Staring spot: Just a reminder to find out where you are when you spawn into the map! It's easy to be confused where you spawned, and knowing where you are can save you a LOT of moves. :)

- Paying attention to eggs: There are many squares where you can see eggs in areas different from your current. Pay attention to these spots to save moves and make better decisions later on when you get to those areas.

Color Code Key (Different from 2015's map):
PURPLE: This is the main path to take; follow it from start to end.

BLACK: Don't get these eggs. Even if it is your starting area.

RED: Only get these eggs if you start in that area. Note for the bottom right area, there is a starting spot that isn't deep enough in the area to make the eggs worth it.

WHITE CIRCLED EGGS: These are some tricky eggs to look out for and where you can see them from. For the one in the bottom right, this can save you 3 moves used to check that spot, which can be enough to get you your 15th egg. For the top half, these spots help you decide which ending path to take.

SEA GREEN: These are the ending paths you should take.
For the top half, which path you take depends on the eggs you've seen and how many steps you have left. When you reach the end of the purple path, check if you have at least 95+ moves or so and you saw eggs along the way for the path in the top right. If the answer is yes, then go that route. Otherwise, follow the other path. And lastly, only get the egg on the detached sea green path if you have at least 60+ moves or so at the intersection.

Edited By Taptothebeat on 6/8/2016 at 9:22 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.