Players 2,345 345
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,260,440 757
Generated 656,468 7
Captured 1,191,162 62
Bred 6,412,715 688
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Off-Topic Discussion > Anime/Manga Thread: Suggestions, Discuss...
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Sheepy
Level 60
Threads: 19
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 2:14 AM Post #1
Welcome, welcome, weaboos, otaku trash, and just anime fans in general!
Welcome to the Anime/Manga Thread! A place to recommend, discuss, and rant about anime.

My name is Sheepy, fangirl extraordinare. I write the anime section in the Sylestia Times. I enjoy anime more than anything else, and I love discussing it with people!

Really, if you are looking for specific anime, or are looking to recommend, don't hesitate to ping or message me uwu
Edited By Sheepy on 10/28/2015 at 11:44 PM.
Sheepy
Level 60
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 2:16 AM Post #2
Suggestions
*Feel free to suggest good anime!*

Anime of the week:
Barakamon
comedy, family, slice of life

Barakamon is about a young prodigy calligrapher, Handa Seishuu, who moves to a remote island after punching an important figure in the calligraphy world. At the island, he meets many new hillbilly friends. One of these friends is 7-year-old Naru, a bright and rowdy little girl. Barakamon is a heartwarming and beautiful anime full of friendship and humor, something that everybody can watch.

Honestly, Barakamon blew me away. I doubt I've enjoyed a slice of life anime this much. The characters are lovable and the plot is simple but nice. The heartwarming scenes also are well executed and overall it's a great anime. It's a great anime to watch when you're feeling down. I was in literally in tears (laughing of course) at the point where Tamako lets her fujoshi vibes take over her mind....which some people may not find funny but it was pretty relatable. The opening is also adorable.

Previous "Anime of the week"
Natsume Yuujinchou-yokai, fantasy, comedy, friendship
No. 6- shounen-ai, sci-fi, action, post apocalyptic
Bleach- shounen, action, fantasy
Guilty Crown- drama, action, sci-fi, apocalyptic
Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyoujin- fantasy, action
Haikyuu!!- sports
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic- fantasy, action
Karneval- supernatural, fantasy, action
Kamisama Hajimema******a- romance, school life, shoujo, supernatural
Death Parade- supernatural, psychological
Inuyasha- fantasy, supernatural, romance
Edited By Sheepy on 10/28/2015 at 11:51 PM.
Soltra8
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 20
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 4:24 AM Post #3
K... O_O You watched K!!!!! I think I've found a new friend X3.... And my list is too long to place here, so >>
Sheepy
Level 60
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 5:47 AM Post #4
omgeeee you watch K eeeeeeeh
Soltra8
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 8:00 AM Post #5
I know that feeling x3 Do you know how hard it is to find a fellow K friend in rl? It's like hard. I've only ever found another two others who watched AND liked K. Sad to find few rps about it...
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 42
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 11:06 AM Post #6
Hello I am also a member of the weeb club

I'm more of an anime person than a manga person. I do read manga occasionally, but usually only if it's to continue where an anime left off. ^^;

Anyways, here are some series I'm currently watching, and some of my favorites:

CURRENTLY WATCHING----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Genre

Aldnoah.Zero --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi

Kuroko no Basket--------------------------------------------------------------------Comedy, School, Sports

Psycho-Pass----------------------------------------------------------------------Action, Sci-Fi, Psychological

FAVORITES---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Genre
Attack on Titan-----------------------------------------------------------------------Action, Drama, Fantasy

Ergo Proxy---------------------------------------------------------------------Mystery, Sci-Fi, Psychological

Free! Iwatobi Swim Club-----------------------------------------------------------Comedy, School, Sports

Fullmetal Alchemist----------------------------------------------------Action, Adventure, Sci-fi, Fantasy

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun----------------------------------------------------Comedy, Romance, School

Kimi ni Todoke-------------------------------------------------------------------Comedy, Romance, School

Kyoukai no Kanata------------------------------------------------------Action, Slice of Life, Supernatural

No. 6-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sci-Fi, Drama
Edited By Katasaur on 3/31/2015 at 11:08 AM.
Soltra8
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 11:11 AM Post #7
o-o I managed to recognize everything on your list - but hey! No.6! I thought that was a nearly unknown anime that only my school knew about...
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 11:16 AM Post #8
Woo! Another No.6 fan! \(owo)/
I have noticed it has a relatively small fandom, which is a shame since it's so good. ^^; I always try to recommend it when I get the chance.
Soltra8
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 11:17 AM Post #9
It's a shame indeed... I liked the few pages sequel that the author wrote. Did you read it? It talks briefly about the characters 6 months after the novel's event (I read the anime, manga and novel, but erm was skipping around...) Shion x Nezumi 4ever though!
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 11:21 AM Post #10
I have heard about it, but unfortunately I have not had the chance to read it yet. :< So far I've only seen the anime. I really want to read it though ;n;
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.