Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > How to make a 4vis from a 3vis parent?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 4/7/2013 at 8:18 AM Post #1
Was thinking about it all morning lol.

So if you had a 3vis and an enhanced essence, what's an effective way of creating a mate for it to create offspring that can be used to lead to a 4vis?

I realize that this cannot be done in a single generation or even 2-3+, though my plan is to create lots of offspring carrying/vis-ing traits with the first pair, then when seeing what's necessary, I'll create another mate for the 2nd gen using another enhanced essence and go from there.

Like say...my first thought was:
Pet 1 (3vis) = shows traits ABC
Pet 2 (enhanced generated) = shows AD

2nd gen:
Pet 1+2 = AbcD
Pet 3 (enhanced generated) = BC or abcd

3rd gen:
Depending the genders of how pets are, I can breed Pet 1 or Pet 2 with Pet 3 and create more.
And askdfjdlfjlsadgk
alfkj

So, yeah. How to go about this? o:

--

input from the general chat 8D :
Twinarmageddons: im guessing with a ABC--- parent1 and a abcd-- parent2 the offspring might have a higher chance of getting a ABCd baby? idk
Twinarmageddons: since the abc genes will pass on and the d genes would have a 50% chance of passing on
Twinarmageddons: then if its bred with a second enhanced generated with abcd, their offspring would probably have a higher chance of having the abcd genes
Me: @Chi: That's how I feel, I'm having breakfast soon too lol

@TA: Prolly. This is my first breeding game too lol. and I'm so addicted, bad me.
Twinarmageddons: then just repeat until they're all vis?
Twinarmageddons: YEAH i'm making plans on how to breed my stuff im catching a lot of female deers and trying to get mutators for them so they can be good carriers
Twinarmageddons: you might want to keep in mind that a male can stud many times in a row while the females need to take breaks after each mating
Me: Yeah
Me: I definitely remember that
Twinarmageddons: im having trouble deciding which gender should come with how many genes, optimally tho
Me: what's OUT of my hands is the gender of my offspring
Twinarmageddons: wow why would you do that this is the ranting of a newb
Twinarmageddons: keep spamming babies :3c
Me: but the first time I was breeding a project, 5 outcomes were male
Me: I was like OMG FAIL BUT OMG MALE
Edited By 1127 on 4/7/2013 at 8:32 AM.
Ruinia
Level 60
Threads: 22
Posted: 4/7/2013 at 8:24 AM Post #2
This is what I've been trying to do with my my Bulbori project... Other than depending on luck, which is better if there are a lot of females impregnated by 1 or more male as they give better chance one female bore 4-vis, I guess there is nothing atm. D:

But I guess that is why they are very valuable this way, maybe months of breeding and loads of generations just to achieve a 4-vis. DX

EDIT: Well, unless if they breed with another 3-vis... Maybe we'll get a better chance?
Edited By 184 on 4/7/2013 at 8:27 AM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 4/7/2013 at 8:28 AM Post #3
At first, I realized a good way to make these were 1 male/hella lots of females breeding.

Then I realized later (last night really)...
Why not use enhanced essences on the 2nd/3rd/4th+ gens with the good offspring rather than all on the first gen?

Depending the genders, the benefits are that you won't have to worry about the offspring being halfsiblings or whatever, because half the time sometimes you can make an enhanced parent at the 2nd/3rd/4th gens.
And if those generated parents made 2/3/4th gen are female, then they can breed with the male in the 1st gen and make more offspring.

(of course I'll have to come up with a naming system for this experiment LOL)

Time is okay with me, though. I'm just looking for efficiency lol.
Ruinia
Level 60
Posted: 4/7/2013 at 8:39 AM Post #4
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/5/2024 at 9:50:28am

Then I realized later (last night really)...
Why not use enhanced essences on the 2nd/3rd/4th+ gens with the good offspring rather than all on the first gen?

*nods* Yep I've thought about this for quite some time and I've been saving my enhanced essences for the perfect offspring... But... Luck hasn't side with me just yet. :/

Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/5/2024 at 9:50:28am

Time is okay with me, though. I'm just looking for efficiency lol.

This.

I find it difficult to be efficient with my projects, then again, we all learn by mistakes no? (And it costs a helluva gold XDDD)

Btw, is there someone that own any 4-vis that comes through breeding? I'm guessing there are though but I don't know, since haven't stalked people's stables for so long... XDDD
Amirell
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 101
Posted: 4/7/2013 at 8:40 AM Post #5
What your doing is pretty much what im doing I think the best way to do it is try to have two pairs running at the same time although it can be a pain to get the right ones. If at second gen you mate an Abcd and a abcd eventually you should get an ABCD and hopefully from the other pair your running you also have an ABCD then you can have ABCD's as much as you want!

You could also just go abcd at the beginning and mate it with a ABC and you might get an ABCd really quickly which would help further breeding etc especially if you manage to get an ABCd or something also good from another pair you were doing. However it pretty much just ends up coming down to luck : / You could get what you want faster with the first method or even the second but with lady luck being so fickle you can never know till you try XD!
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 4/7/2013 at 8:42 AM Post #6
Well, only 4vis I know is Draco's win from last night's auction.
Someone can throw mates at it or something lol.

Otherwise, nope...3vis is all I can think. I know ones that are bred as somewhat as few as ones won by events. There are predictably more in the idea of genetically mutating an epic (2vis) pet. x___X
Ruinia
Level 60
Posted: 4/7/2013 at 8:52 AM Post #7
I'm working on this with Shads (mind if I put your name? DX) actually, I'm curious about 3-vis and 3-vis babies, we're working on the Chocolate Bulbori, hopefully it'll shed some light toward some effective breeding methods.

While punnet square can give you some idea about the chances, genes passed, and whatnot. It's just like Amirell said, it's really about luck...

I can always provide assistance if anyone needs to try breeding 3vis of seasonal pets even if you require the female, I don't have much of the epic species but I'm willing, no charge, though give me some time to get the GGM. XD

I really hope that from 3vis-3vis babies, one of them is 5-vis! OuO
Edited By 184 on 4/7/2013 at 8:53 AM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 4/7/2013 at 10:08 AM Post #8
I'm kinda iffy on the event pets, but there's no doubt there's a heck of a lot of week of love bunnies that can be manipulated. xDD

After seeing an inbred event bunny, I'm not really thinking much about 'em. I guess I should do something about my bunny army though.../stares at lvl60 ratio of love buns

I never thought of making my pets that I already own into projects. Wish I had a stat on how many of each species I had though.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.