Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Design a mythical creature contest!
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lucaluca
Level 51
Threads: 73
Posted: 3/16/2015 at 9:03 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! I might decide to have prizes on this one... Today, you are going to draw a mythical creature. For this one, you'll fill out a form, and post your image. This is the form:

Name of my creature:
Creature I modeled it after:
Notes on my creature:
Picture:

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

(Past participants, I hope that you like this one!)
Lucaluca
Level 51
Posted: 3/17/2015 at 9:37 AM Post #2
Bump!
Lucaluca
Level 51
Posted: 3/17/2015 at 5:27 PM Post #3
Bump!
Lucaluca
Level 51
Posted: 3/18/2015 at 8:08 AM Post #4
Bump.
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 3/18/2015 at 5:46 PM Post #5
Name: Caniave (The beginning of dog and bird in Latin)
Creature I modeled it after: Dog, bird, fish, and dragon
Notes on my creature: It has four wings, one set of feathers and one set webbed. It also has gliding feathers on it's tail and a fish fin. This allows it to both swim and fly, also, the webbed fins can be used in the air for sharper, faster turns.
It's long ears both help it regulate temperature, as it never stays in one habitat and needs to adapt to different temperatures. They also pick up various sounds allowing it to go unseen as it is very shy. Since it only has two legs near it's head, it leaps off those with a few strong wing-beats and a slap of it's tail on the groun to take off. It is very hard for this creature to take off from the water.
The Caviave prefers to fly up to the stratosphere and glide in the long distance winds as it's four wings, gliding feathers, and tail fin allow it to maneuver up there. Once it gets going it is an exceptional flyer, but it does not do good elevating itself on it's own.

Picture:

Uranium
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 40
Posted: 3/18/2015 at 9:32 PM Post #6
Name of my creature: Crystavia (crystal & avian)

Creature I modeled it after:
Archeopteryx

Notes on my creature: ive been drawing these things all over my italian papers for some reason. (and, of course, the ones on my italian papers look nicer to me) this creature is loosely based off the acheopteryx dinosaur. now that i look at its name more closely, the name looks kinda like the pokemon staravia. anyways, this is a combination of binge-watching steven universe and looking up random dinosaur facts while typing english essays. i made this with watercolor pencils which, in retrospect, was not the best thing i could of used. (noooo why must the bleed allover the place)

Picture:
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Posted: 3/18/2015 at 10:06 PM Post #7
Creative critter :)
Uranium
Level 60
The Tender
Posted: 3/18/2015 at 10:10 PM Post #8
thanks! im amazed at how you were able to make your creature look so adorable and fit together so neatly, even though some of the animals you used seemed to be in opposition. (fish & bird)
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Posted: 3/18/2015 at 10:15 PM Post #9
Aww thanks! To be honest at first it looked like a HUGE fluffy wolf thing with wings but I did not like it so I kept the feathered wings and came up with something entirely different. After that it looked to much like an aeridini so that is where I decided to make it a multi-biome creature :) The four wing idea was inspired by Cloudjumper in How To Train Your Dragon 2 and everything else was just kinda went.... *splat* XD How did you come up with yours?
Uranium
Level 60
The Tender
Posted: 3/18/2015 at 10:28 PM Post #10
I was siting around in italian class, extremely fidgety because it was actually 80 degrees in there. I was remembering these things called "shyrieks" or somthing from this book series i read in elementary school called "freegladers" or "edgelanders" (well somthing to that effect. it had floating rocks and stuff and i think it was by tony di-somthingwitha-z-init),and my favorite species in the series besides the bandabears were the angery-bird-women-who-killed-evrything (shyrieks). thats why this creature is birdlike and has a spikey beak. the gems and band stuff... well, i had originally just put the gems in it, as if it were some weird bird gem fusion (kinda like garnet but a bird), but then i added horns and then the horns turned to jewlery. i decided i wanted a more "primal" feel to the creature, so i gave it a rat-like tail. i added the peacock-like feathers (the two other tails) for flavour (in this art book i found as a kid, the artist had said "add peacock feathers for flavour), since it still looked kjnda plain. i realized its wings looked too narrow, so i gave it some fins like these chickenfish i draw as a joke on my nsl papers.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.