Players 2,393 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,247,200 1,865
Generated 656,261 10
Captured 1,190,628 52
Bred 6,400,216 1,803
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Revolving Door Breeding Strategy Idea fo...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
SheVampire
Level 72
Sylestiologist
Threads: 274
Posted: 2/25/2015 at 3:11 PM Post #1
Say you have 100 pets you want to breed. You don't mind what traits you get, and your goals are to get as many vis and genotype points as possible. You will try not to breed an AA traited pet with an FF traited pet, but other than that you don't really have a specific goal.

When you hatch them you'll release any that don't have any traits or like 2-3 carries or less. You'll keep most the originals & ones that come out with 1 or 2 vis, incase you run low on those traits.

What if you were to breed them 3-5 times and then release them? Then do the same with their children.

Is this a terrible idea? Or do people already do this or something similar? Would it be an effective strategy???

Thing is, I have space but I have way more pets I want to breed, so I think this would be better than just letting them sit in my stables forever because I'm afraid to breed them because then I'll have run out of space and have to release pets I don't wanna release.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 2/25/2015 at 4:38 PM Post #2
I do that already, many people do. Maimah is known for mass breeding her Aeridinis this way. :P

What works for me is naming my pets according to what traits they have. Take a look at this pet's name. If you go to the search and type in his ID you'll see that the name makes sense. I use ' for no trait at all (inspired from Tigergirl's naming method), capitalize visible traits and lowercase letters are for carried traits. CG in his name means he shows Tiger but his hidden is Marbled Tabby. If you name your pets this way, you can match up the letters with another pet and get the traits you want from that pair.

I breed the pets until the offspring grow up, then I usually release them unless they haven't given me the baby I wanted yet.. or if I'm out of space the oldest generation is the one to go.

This Page loaded in 0.006 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.