Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > First Project Pet Need Help
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Zyra01
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 19
Posted: 2/18/2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1
I want to do my first project pet on the Qitari, I was inspired to make one ever since the redrawn of the species. I was messing around in the generator and made these.
A 6 vis Qitari <3 <3
I have a couple of questions I need cleared up
1.) How many essences do I need?? I have 1 regular and 1 enchanced.
2.) There was this one game where you can make project pets but it had a way of breeding them. The M stands for mother and the D for father. Here an example of the diagram. So what I want to know who should I breed with who?? Should I name them something like 1 breeds with 2, and 3 with 4??
3.) Plus how do you get other genes and muts into it?? I have 2 pairs that carry 4, how do I get the last 2?? Sorry if this question is hard to understand ^^' I didn't know how to explain it well enough.
I would be grateful for the help, I really need it XP
Edited By Zyra01 on 2/18/2015 at 9:02 PM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 2/19/2015 at 1:04 AM Post #2
I'm kinda good at project maps aha. I call them genetic maps.

Here's my post in my tiny project thread with the maps I worked out. Instead of using M and D, I use abcdef, which stand for the genes and mutations that each pet has, capitals meaning vis and lowercases meaning carry.

In my post, I have three 6vis maps, one with 16 reg (or 8 enhanced essences), one with 4 enhanced essences, and one with 3 enhanced essences (mapped out by another user).
Which you use will actually be based on how long you want to take (because the less essences you use, the longer the project takes, and same in reverse) and if you don't mind inbreeding (i.e. certain pairs keep breeding and children breed to children, it gets complicated).

So it really depends, because you don't have to be limited to one generation only breeds into itself. For example, you can breed a gen 3 pet to a gen 1 pet, and sometimes those are better than essences.

In the end, 6vis is probably the hardest to achieve because you have to figure a way to get all 6 traits into a baby before getting them to be visible. So it takes quite a bit of planning imo.
Donmino
Level 70
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 2/19/2015 at 3:31 AM Post #3
Just gonna throw this out there, Xavion is a mega pro when it comes to breeding for 6vis! If you have any questions, you should ask her, and/or check out her super excellent thread.

She goes into really great detail and can explain it much, much better than I can~
Zyra01
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 2/19/2015 at 3:33 AM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=22795&page=1#2
Author: Flute
Time Posted: 2/19/2015 at 1:04 AM
I'm kinda good at project maps aha. I call them genetic maps.

Here's my post in my tiny project thread with the maps I worked out. Instead of using M and D, I use abcdef, which stand for the genes and mutations that each pet has, capitals meaning vis and lowercases meaning carry.

In my post, I have three 6vis maps, one with 16 reg (or 8 enhanced essences), one with 4 enhanced essences, and one with 3 enhanced essences (mapped out by another user).
Which you use will actually be based on how long you want to take (because the less essences you use, the longer the project takes, and same in reverse) and if you don't mind inbreeding (i.e. certain pairs keep breeding and children breed to children, it gets complicated).

So it really depends, because you don't have to be limited to one generation only breeds into itself. For example, you can breed a gen 3 pet to a gen 1 pet, and sometimes those are better than essences.

In the end, 6vis is probably the hardest to achieve because you have to figure a way to get all 6 traits into a baby before getting them to be visible. So it takes quite a bit of planning imo.
Thanks! :D this will help a lot :3

Yeah it would take a while but I'm patient enough :3 lolz
Zyra01
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 2/19/2015 at 3:36 AM Post #5
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=22795&page=1#3
Author: Donmino
Time Posted: 2/19/2015 at 3:31 AM
Just gonna throw this out there, Xavion is a mega pro when it comes to breeding for 6vis! If you have any questions, you should ask her, and/or check out her super excellent thread.

She goes into really great detail and can explain it much, much better than I can~

Yeah! I have to say she pretty good at noticing things o.O I read some things and my mind is blown. I never knew links could tell you sooo much.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.