Desiree
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 20
Posted: 12/22/2014 at 9:52 PM Post #1
Royal Diaries
by Desiree

Author's Notes

So... I decided to make another fan-fic. Yes, yes, I know I'm a little behind on my other ones, like Tough Love and Only Hope, but I promise to update more on them after Christmas or maybe on Boxing Day.

For characters, every time a new one comes up in the story, she/he will be added to the characters list below.

And as for author's notes, I'll will be posting in it every time I think of a new notes... Yeah.

Now I'll post some rules... Yes, I'm sorry.

Rules

1) Please do not post on this thread. I would like it to be organized with only my chapters. But feel free to chat with me on a PM. And I'm always on Comet Chat!

2) I can always ping you for new chapters. Send me a PM.

3) Please do not copy anything off my stories.

Contents

Chapter One
Chapter Two

Characters

Main

Princess Faith
Prince Brandon
Rubye

Side

Queen Margo
King Jasper

I'll post the first chapter soon. :)
I need some sleep. XP

Edited By Desiree on 12/27/2014 at 4:50 PM.
Desiree
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 12/23/2014 at 12:30 AM Post #2
Chapter One

Faith's Diary

I wake up, the sun shining in my face. I sit up, with a yawn, rubbing my eyes. My window curtains were pushed aside, letting the sunlight in. The maids have probably opened my window. Like they do everyday. They don't even knock when I'm asleep...
I sigh. Another day has come, and another went. The days were going by faster and faster, I notice. My mom and dad are way too busy trying to find me suitors. But I'm only 17. I don't want my life to go by this quickly. I want to see the world, share what I've seen with others, maybe. My life has gone by. And I don't want that to keep happening.
I get up. I stretch, my sleeves falling down to my elbows. I look in my large mirror. My hair was only little messy. My long, blonde curls hung down in the middle of my back. I take my brush and start brushing the thick strands of hair. I tie two bunches of hair into pigtails, letting my bangs hang in front of my forehead. I decide to put on my dress before the maids barge into my room. I slip on my gown and wear some comfortable flats, before I head out my bedroom door.
I walk out of my room. I carefully shut the door gently, hoping it wouldn't make a loud noise. I walk down the first few steps of the stairs. I then hear a voice.
"Faith?"
Yes. Sorry I didn't introduce myself when I first wrote in this diary. I'm Princess Faith, of the kingdom Mirerralia.
I look behind me to see my mother, Queen Margo. She smiled at me warmly. "Good morning!" she said. Her blonde eyebrows curved into a certain position where you know she's going to ask something. "You're dressed already?" she asked. She looked at my bedroom door. "I didn't hear the maids this time." she said with a laugh. I laugh with my mother. The maids are actually pretty loud. "Good morning, mother. Yes, I decided to dress myself earlier before the maids enter my room." I said.
Mother held her arm out. "Come, Faith. Breakfast is awaiting." she said. I nod as I follow her down the rest of the stairs.

~~~

I sit down in my usual chair. It was a maroon kind of colour. It's edges were golden, something you'd normally find in a castle. Our table was long. We do normally have balls and galas. But I was never too fond of being around people. I liked staying by myself.
I wait with my mother. Father was usually late for breakfast these days. Mother says he's busy finding suitors for me. That was okay I guess. I don't plan on getting married in a few years.
I watch as mother untied her low ponytail. I had her matching curly blonde hair, except my hair was lighter. She put the hair tie on her wrist and clasps her hands together on her lap. She sighed. "Father should be coming." she said, breaking the silence which was once there.
I don't get why my father was looking for a suitor. He knows I'm not looking for a prince. Like I said, I like being by myself and not in huge crowds.
Finally, my father came down the stairs. He walked towards his normal seat. He smiled at both of us. "Good morning, m'ladies." he said, kissing me on the forehead. He did the same with my mother. "Good morning." she said to my father, who was named King Jasper.
My father nodded to a maid who had asked to send breakfast over. He sighed and relaxed in his chair, looking like he was smiling at himself. He then looked at me, then my mother.
It seemed like I was the only one who was questioned. Mother looked like she already knew what was going to happen.
I asked, "Um, is there a surprise or something?". I feel my body heat up. I hated surprises.
My father laughed. "No, no." he said. "Faith. You know the time has come for me and my mother to pick a husband for you."
"Oh no."
I looked at my mother, hoping she'd stop the conversation or something. Sadly, she didn't.
I then look at my father. "But... Father, I don't plan on getting married in years." I said. "I'm 17." I nervously looked down at my feet, which wore the purple flats.
My father sighed. "Faith. This is just a plan. Your mother and I will soon be older, and you and someone else have to carry on the kingdom." he said. He gave me a warm smile. "I have found a great suitor for you. He is a prince." he paused a second to remember his name. "Prince Brandon, of the kingdom, Kedielle."
I groan quietly. I didn't know the guy, but he was bound to be too charming for me, right?
My father carried on. "I actually had a meeting with him and his father last night. He'll be coming here later at noon to sleep over in an extra room." he said. I look at him with confusion. "Sleep over? Wait, for how long?" I asked. "About a month or so." my father simply said. My eyes grow wide. A month?
"Why a month?" I asked again, this time with a little anger and annoyance. "Because he needs somewhere to stay. His parent are traveling to a different kingdom that is a little further away from their kingdom, and they aren't coming back for a month as well." he said.
I sigh. I couldn't stop my father. I loved him. I couldn't fight back or say something. It would be stupid.
I was a little quiet a moment later, and finally replied. "Alright. I guess he could stay." I say, mumbling. My father smiled. "Thank you, dear. Believe me, you'll like him. He's very nice."
The chef came in and handed out our breakfast. I was awfully quiet, listening to my mother and father discuss other kingdom stuff.
I finished my food, and cleaned my lips with a napkin. I exit the room, knowing my mother and father were eyeing me.
I walk up the stairs and into my big room. I close the door again, this time not caring if it made a loud noise. I made sure the door was locked, so the maids wouldn't get into my room. I wasn't much upset. I wouldn't be around the guy anyways. Being alone was my thing, and I'd keep it. I don't want anyone to barge into my life. I sigh once more. Will I ever stop sighing? I don't know what will happen when he comes. Prince Brandon. His name sounds nice... I guess. Well, now I have to think of the good things he will probably have.

Brandon's Diary

The sun was up high this afternoon. I ride in my carriage. My squire was behind the horses, who were trotting along in a steady pace.
I look out my carriage window and see a wonderful looking castle. We were here. The Kingdom Of Mirerralia, if I recall. I talked with the king last night, with my father. He seemed nice. Apparently I was a suitor for his daughter. Which was okay.
My parents left this morning. They told me to be nice and be on my best manners. I will be. The king of Mirerralia said the princess is very nice and well mannered as well. The king didn't say her name. I hope she doesn't mind me staying here for a month...
We were now getting closer and closer to the large castle. It was beautiful. I haven been around in different kingdoms lately.
My squire pulls the horses to a stop. He gets down and opens my door. "We are here, your Majesty." he said seriously. His voice was firm, and very low. I nod. "Thank you." I said.
I see the king, who looked familiar from the night before. He stood in front of the gates of the castle. I saw a warm smile on his face. "Welcome, Prince Brandon." he said.
I walk out of the carriage and smile back at the man. "Thank you. It is a pleasure to be here, King Jasper." I said, with a bow.
I watch as the king yells to the gatekeeper. "Open the gates!" he called. The gates opened right at his command. They were golden, and very shiny. Like the ones at my castle.
We walked together on the way inside the castle. He asked me some things. Like, "What do you like to eat" or "What do you like to do on your free time?". I made sure to answer all of his questions.
"How old are you?" he asked. I reply, "I'm 18, sir." I said, hoping it sounded polite. He smiled again. "Ah. Then you're the same age as my daughter. She's 17." he said.
I smiled. It was good to meet someone your age. It was what my mother said a long time ago to me. "Well then, it'll be a pleasure to meet her." I said.
"You know, you two are a lot alike. She loves to ride her horse when she has free time. She also loves to eat pasta." he said. I was surprised. I thought she'd be a little more... Girly, you could say.
I smile again, wider this time. The princess and I did have a lot of similarities. I notice he still did not bring up his daughter's name. I ask, "Not to be rude, your Highness. But you have not mentioned the princess's name yet." I said. He laughed, surprisingly. "My boy, that was not rude at all. I should be excusing myself." he said, with a laugh. "Her name is Faith." he said.
Faith. Princess Faith. I have never heard of such a beautiful name.
The king and I reached the castle door. I was somewhat nervous. What if I mess up? What if Faith doesn't like me? What would my parents do?
I sigh, worriedly. I hoped the king didn't notice. He seemed to like me. He got to know me when we talked outside. He didn't seem like an overprotective king.
The doors were opened by two guards. I enter with King Jasper, making sure I wouldn't trip or mess up. I hear a voice. It sounded sweet.
"Well, good afternoon and welcome, Prince Brandon." It was a woman with long blonde curly hair. She was wearing a blue dress which matched her eyes.
The king spoke again. "This is my wife, Queen Margo." he said.
I bow. "Good afternoon to you as well, your Highness." I said. She returned a warm smile to me. "My, you've picked out a nice one, my dear. Very well mannered." she said.
I smile back. I was doing good so far. Now I'll have to deal with the princess. "Thank you, your Highness." I said again.
Queen Margo gestured to the stairs. "Our daughter will come shortly. I'll send someone to get her." she said. She walked over to a room nearby. It sounded like someone was playing the violin in there. When Queen Margo opened the door, the music stopped. She nodded with pleasure, then a girl with red hair and matching eyes came out of the room. She glared at me, and headed up the stairs and into a room.
I was confused. Was she a friend of the princess?
The king noticed my face change and spoke. "That was Rubye. She is a very good friend of Faith, and also a very talented musician here." he said.
Made sense. A best friend glaring at a suitor that was for her best friend.
We all waited for a few seconds. It was silent.
Then there, the door opened. Out came the princess - Princess Faith, with her red-headed friend behind her.
Faith. Her hair was blonde, much like her parents. Her eyes were a soft purple, which matched her dress with purple roses. Her long blonde hair was curly, and was tied in pigtails. She wore purple rose clips in her hair.
She slowly walked down the stairs. It was like she was looking at me. The room seemed to echo her footsteps. When she came to a stop at the last of the stairs, I dipped my head, trying to be respectful. "Hello, Princess." I said.
I look up and she does the same. "Good to see you, Prince Brandon."
There was a silence in the room again. I didn't know how to break it. Luckily the king spoke. "Well, you two go on and get to know each other. The queen and I have more discussing to do." he said. "Faith, dear. Why don't you show Prince Brandon to his room?"
I watch as Princess Faith nods. "Alright father." she said. Her voice was sweet, like her mother's.
The king smiled. "Good. Now you two enjoy yourselves." he said, walking away with Queen Margo.
The two of us were left alone. "Come." Faith said, starting to walk up the stairs.

Edited By Desiree on 12/23/2014 at 11:03 PM.
Desiree
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 12/24/2014 at 12:25 PM Post #3
Chapter Two

Faith's Diary

I, honestly, was nervous. Prince Brandon was here. What would father say if I mess up? In my room, I thought long and hard about it. I decided to give the boy a chance. After all, I did feel bad not wanting him to come. When my best friend, Rubye, had knocked on my bedroom door, I thought she was joking. But when I took a look out my door, he was there.
He looked okay to me. He was already being respectful. He was nice, and was a little quiet. I wasn't excited to get to know him, like father said. Maybe this was all an act.
I think as I walk up the stairs, not bothering to check behind me if Prince Brandon was following me. When I reached the top, he was only a few steps away. He looked at me with a smile.
I look away. I walked toward a room that was awfully near mine. I open the door, and walked in. I turned on the light, and I saw he was behind me. "Is this my room?" he asked.
I nod. "Yes, Prince Brandon." I said, my voice seeming to be a little too formal. He smiled at me again. "Oh, no need to call me 'Prince' Brandon. We'll be hanging out now. No need to be formal." he said, laying down his stuff. I nod again. "Alright, Brandon." I said.
He laughed. "Thanks for taking me up here." he said. It was very mannerly. I decided to smile back, not wanting to seem rude. "It's no problem at all." I said. "Would you like to stay here and unpack, or do you want a tour around the castle?" I asked. I didn't know why I did. I guess I didn't want to seem boring and not want him around. I'd have to deal with his answer.
He looked up at the ceiling. "Hmm... A tour would sound nice. I don't want to be lost for the first week I'm here." he said with a chuckle. He then looked at me. "That is, if you want to tour me, Princess." he said.
I wave my hand in the air. "No, no. If you want the tour, I'd be happy to do it." Oh great. What have I gotten myself into?
"Alright. Let's go." he said happily. I walk out of the room with him, feeling my pigtails sway as I walk. I turn my head to my left. I heard a familiar voice.
"If you're touring him, let me come along."
I saw my best friend standing by the stairs. Her red eyes were glaring at something beside me. Oh... It was Brandon.
I nod. "I guess, if you want to." I said. I turn to Brandon. "Prin - I mean, Brandon, this is my best friend, Rubye. She is a musician here." I said, gesturing to my red-headed friend.
Instead of a smile, she replied with a glare. "Brandon, hm? So you're the suitor for Faith? You better not dare hurt her..." she said gloomily. "Or else you'll get a long hard talk with me. And those do not go well." she said, looking down.
I turn my head and see Brandon talking. "Nice to meet you, Rubye." he said. He laughed, somewhat nervously. "Oh no, I don't plan on hurting her. She is very nice." he said again, this time looking at me.
I blushed. For some reason his hazelnut eyes seemed to make me attracted to him.
I shook my head, erasing the thought. I decide to carry on the conversation. "Okay. Let's take the tour, shall we?" I said, starting to head down the stairs. I could almost feel Brandon walking behind me.

~~~

After I showed Brandon around, I headed to my room. Boy, I didn't notice how big my castle was.
I sigh, flopping onto my bed, clutching a purple and white laced heart shaped pillow. I looked at my clock. It was already three. The time had flown so fast.
I lay there in my bed, hugging the pillow at my chest. During the tour, Brandon and I had some time to talk. About each other. Apparently we have a lot of similarities. He told me he had talked with father and father told him about me. I found that weird. He likes pasta, I love pasta. He loves riding horses, and I do too. And he's my age.
I thought about him for a moment. He seemed so nice. He was kind, and so respectful. I let out a yawn of boredom. I'll just have to wait until later.

Brandon's Diary

I smiled at myself. The tour was a lot of fun. And I got to spend some time with the princess. Though Rubye did cut through sometimes. But it was still fun. The castle was big, like my place except mine was a little smaller. The gardens were absolutely beautiful.
I started unpacking a few minutes ago. I couldn't believe I was going to stay here for a month. I took out my clothes and hung them in the closet. I took a minute to look around the room. It was pretty big. I had only brought a few things here, so my room seemed empty. I took out my books and placed them onto the bookshelf.
I playfully jumped onto my bed. It was so soft, much softer than my bed at home. I relaxed in the bed, taking a book. I decided I would read. But I slowly drifted off to sleep...

~~~

I wake up to hear a knock on my door. I have fallen asleep. I get up and hear more knocking. I yawned and tried to speak. "Yes?" I managed to say.
A voice sounded from outside my door. "Prince Brandon, am I right? Dinner is ready." The voice didn't sound familiar to me. Must be one of the maids. "Alright, thank you." I called back. "I'll be out in a minute."
I get up off my bed. I look in the mirror and run my fingers through my hair, hoping it'd look like I didn't fall asleep. I walked towards the door and exited, walking down the stairs.

I walked into the kitchen, hoping it was it. Yep, I was right. Good thing I took that tour. I saw the king and queen sitting at the table already, along with Faith. I smile at all of them, particularly at the princess.
I saw her smile at me, which was good, right?
I walked towards the table and sat down next to Princess Faith. I dipped my head to the king and queen, who which bowed back.
I sat up straight when someone came into the room. He seemed like the chef, wearing his big puffy hat. I smile as he placed a delicious looking dish in front of me. Not forgetting, I turn my head towards the chef. "Thank you, sir." I said. He gave me a little bow. "You're welcome, Prince Brandon." he said, his voice low.
I was surprised when he said my name. How did he know? Was I already this popular in the kingdom of Mirerralia? I, for one, somewhat liked it.
I looked down onto my plate. I was amazed at what I saw there. Pasta. They looked like fine cut noodle and poured on top was a delightful tomato sauce. I almost drooled just staring at it, but I quickly stopped myself and began to eat.

I sigh happily as I finished my meal. It was delicious! I looked at the king and queen, who had finished their meals as well. "Your Majesties, this was a great dish! Give a thank you to your chef for me, please. I'm very excited to stay here for a month." I said, wiping my mouth with a napkin.
I heard the king chuckle. "Your welcome, my boy. And yes, we'll be sure to leave a thank you to him. He will be glad you liked it." he said. "Since you said you liked pasta, like Faith does," he paused, looking at her. "I asked the chef to make a wondrous meal! And indeed, he made it fine." he said again.
I nod in agreement. He nodded as well. "You may leave now, if you'd like. Explore the castle, maybe? I heard Faith gave you a tour, along with Rubye." I nodded as he said that. "Yes, your highness." I said. He smiled. "How about you and Faith go to our royal gardens? It's lovely at this time of year." he said.
I looked over at Faith who had just finished her meal. She shrugged. "If you'd like." she said. I thought for a moment. The gardens were lovely. I nodded. "I'd love to." I said, nodding at Faith, who had given me a fake smile. I could tell. King Jasper smiled widely. "Very well then. See you two later." he said.
I smiled at King Jasper and Queen Margo. I took Faith's hand and pulled her with me. I hope she didn't mind. I just wanted it to seem like me and her got along. I remembered where the garden was.
As we walked out of the dining room, I felt Faith's hand grow warmer and start to dampen. She was nervous. It was clear she had never had experience with this. She didn't talk as I led her outside. When we got out, I let out of her hand. I sighed. "Sorry. I didn't want it to seem like I didn't like you, so pulled your hand." I said. A sudden questioning expression appeared on her face. She seemed taken back.
I mentally slapped myself. How could I have said that? "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say that! I do like you, really! You're really nice, and... and... uh..." I didn't have anything else to say. I was panicked, both my hands on my face, embarrassed. Oh, she'd have my head off now.
I heard her laugh. It was a cute laugh. I looked up, seeing her giggle. I looked at her this time, questioningly. She saw me give her that face. She laughed again. "I'm sorry, it was funny when you did that. You seemed really scared. I'm not that scary, am I?" she asked, still giggling. I laughed nervously, rubbing the back of my neck. "Uh, um... No. Not at all. I'm sorry, I messed up." I said, this time I was the one blushing. She smiled. "No, no. It's fine. I knew you didn't mean it. I guess... I have a lot on my mind now." she said.
I was relieved when she said it was fine. I sighed. "Thank you, Princess. I truly, am very, very sorry-" I started to say, but I was cut of by the princess. "I already told, you, it's fine, Brandon. And you don't have to call me 'Princess'. Just 'Faith' is okay." she said.
I sighed again. "Alright, but to me it's not okay. I'll have to do something for you in return." I started. "Mmhm... Nah. I think I'm going to stick with 'Princess'. I like it. Suits you." I said, trying to put charm on my charming smile.
She blushed, then smiled at me. "Okay, if you want. Come on, let's take that walk father wanted us to take." she said.

We had walked for some time now. I didn't know what time it was, but the sun had started to set. The flowers beside us bloomed with the colours of the sky.
The Princess and I had talked for some time, getting to know more about each other. It was fun. She'd laugh and sometimes quiet down at certain topics. But it was still great. I couldn't believe I was staying here for a whole month. I couldn't believe I was a suitor for her. All the other princesses I met, were... You could say, selfish and distrustful. But Faith, she was different. She was kind and willing to help others in need. I was in the best of luck when King Jasper came to my kingdom the night before. My parents agreed gladly. They were leaving anyway, to the kingdom of Zirania. And they were not coming back for a whole month. They took most of the guards with them. So I had t go somewhere to stay. Thankfully, King Jasper offered me to stay in his castle.
And now I'm here, with this wonderful family. My parents were strict, but King Jasper and Queen Margo were very nice. Including Faith. I hope she thought I was good.

Edited By Desiree on 12/27/2014 at 2:53 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.