Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Am I just super unlucky?
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Velyanthe
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 22
Posted: 12/11/2014 at 1:31 PM Post #1
When I first started doing missions, I'd get elixirs (strong healing elixirs) in just about every mission bag. It was kinda frustrating actually, since I wasn't fighting any bosses at the time. I had 100+ by the time fall festival rolled around, after doing missions for... not that long, I don't think.

Now, I keep doing missions as often as possible, but... no elixirs. Almost 0 in the past few weeks, and I think only one bag had the good elixirs. (And yeah, I'm mainly doing the 12-hour missions.) I keep getting gold and gear... but seriously, where'd all the elixirs go? I can't buy any that restore more than 600 health, so I have to rely on missions, but missions won't give me elixirs. I can't defeat the boss at the end of the second zone's dungeon because of this, and I'm not sure I can defeat Vorpar. (I have level 60 pets with level 60 gear and decent stats. Just a few elixirs and I'd be good.) I needed 1-2 elixirs when fighting the Headless Horseman, which wasn't a problem with the amount I had at the time, but now I'm really worried for the winter festival. (Unless I make a team of level 30s or something I guess.)

What happened? Just really really bad luck? It feels like the drop rate changed significantly, but it might just be that I was really lucky before/very unlucky now.
Keanai
Level 66
The Hallowed
Threads: 71
Posted: 12/11/2014 at 3:00 PM Post #2
You should be able to buy the type of elixirs you get in missions through Ethernia.

As for your pets, if you couldn't defeat the HH without elixirs, then it's your pets fault as well; you shouldn't drop below 50% on any of your pets fighting the HH.

As for mission satchels, it is completely random - so you are just unlucky.

In the meantime, for your main party pets, where do you have their prof points distributed, their normal level-up points distributed, and which is your tank/ mage/ fighter
Velyanthe
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 12/11/2014 at 3:16 PM Post #3
I have a tank with mostly health, some strength; fighter with mainly strength, some health; and a mage with mainly int, some health. They all have some points in dexterity and agility, but not a lot. Their gear is based on their main stats and is all level 60. Blue and purple gear.

My mage depends on the party: I have one fire, one light, and one dark. Previously I just used one tank + two fighters (because I didn't understand that you had to put points into the specific trees to get spells).

Their prof points go towards their main stat (health/strength/int) and then their attacks.

I can't buy elixirs of the 2400 strength. Or 1600 strength. 600 is the maximum. I assume it's because I haven't progressed enough in quests.
Keanai
Level 66
The Hallowed
Posted: 12/11/2014 at 3:49 PM Post #4
I see what you mean now - all the higher level potions require badges.

Your problem is the gear. You need to be in LEGENDARY gear. Orange gear. your gear is also... kind of terrible, actually.

Your tank, for example. I see that your tank is magic based. However... you are using equipment that boosts STRENGTH. You have legendary armor, but it boosts strength and dexterity... the opposite stats you want to boost. then you have an assecory that is boosting dexterity and agility. Agility is good, but dexterity? You don't want it.

For a magic-based tank, you want ALL Illusionist gear. Intelligence and agility. Especially the agility part, that's what is most the important. Dexterity does NOT matter for tanks. It does seem like all prof. points are in health, though, which is good.

(Looking at Radioactive) For your physical fighter... he only has 369 physical damage. NOT GOOD. My physical fighter does almost double that. Part of it is because you are using a split relic. You are using a relic that gives both physical and magic damage boost. You need to find a relic that gives ONLY physical damage. And then it needs to boost strength and dexterity. Dexterity is what matters for the fighting pets, less so agility. Specifically, Myrmidon gear. You have one piece, that's a start.

(Looking at Splash of Lime) Her problem is the same thing - GEAR. You need relics that boost magical damage, intelligence and dexterity. Armor and accessories that boost intelligence and dexterity. Evoker gear, if I recall. LEGENDARY gear.

Choose one team, and stick with it. I don't recommend having fire.

to give you something to compare to, here's my battle team:
Seraline (Tank) - I have all health prof. points, 160 level up points in health and 80 points in agility. She is in the water tree.

Maximillian (Physical Fighter) - I have all strength prof. points, 200 level up points in strength, 40 points in health. He is the air tree. He also needs better gear oops.

Millenia (Magical Fighter) - I have all intelligence prof. points, 200 level up points in intelligence, 40 points in health. She is Shadow Tree. She ALSO needs better gear xD Her accessories are illusionist.
Velyanthe
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 12/11/2014 at 4:48 PM Post #5
Splash of Lime is a mission pet.

How do I tell if a pet is magic-based or not?

I know my gear isn't the best, but it's what I've found. I have no idea where to get legendary gear, I've just been using what drops, and very little of that is legendary gear. I haven't found a better relic yet. And I'm not really sure why I'm failing to fight level 50 bosses as well, when threads I've found seem to be saying that level 50 gear would be fine. (But if I had a few elixirs I'd be fine.)

I have multiple teams mainly to wander about, like roaming about seeking themed pets. I can't be bothered to heal them each time so I swap them out to heal, since they lose health after a while of fighting or after a boss. I don't use fire for bosses.

Team 1 (for bosses and exploration): Lyra (tank), Bubbles (shadow mage), Radioactive (fighter)

Team 2 (for exploration, maybe 4-star bosses; not first pick): Candle (tank), Crunch (fire mage), Clover (fighter)

Team 3 (backup, exploration only, maybe holiday bosses; not yet 60): Floof (tank), Pawprint (light mage), Lexie (fighter)
Keanai
Level 66
The Hallowed
Posted: 12/11/2014 at 5:34 PM Post #6
She's a MISSION PET? That's even worse ;-; She should have around 800+ intelligence then.

You get it through exploring, or buy them off the broker. They are fairly cheap, although you'll have to make sure you have the right kind.

Also, look at their base stats. Whichever is higher. You can also throw themm on your team and then look at the damage type of the pet in battle

For Bubbles - I don't even know how that pet's intelligence is so low. It should be much higher. Specifically, what's the point breakdown? Level-up points and proficiency points.

I've already responded about Radioactive.
Velyanthe
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 12/11/2014 at 5:45 PM Post #7
She succeeds in her missions and has some pretty low-level gear, since she's really low priority. I still don't have access to level 60 missions either. Haven't gotten around to resetting her points, since she used to be a battle pet. Not really a big deal for me.

Bubbles: 180 int, 30 dex, 30 health. Proficiencies: 4 int, 1 health, 5 improved force, 1 enhanced force.
Keanai
Level 66
The Hallowed
Posted: 12/11/2014 at 5:50 PM Post #8
...get access to them

... *headdesk*

you sooo did those prof. points wrong. That's why you need elixirs all the time. Prof points- 10 points in intelligence/ strength (depending on which you want) then 2 points in the level 25 skill. That's what you want.

Tank needs 10 in health, 2 in the level 25 skill.

It's okay, though. When you aren't properly coached like I was by the great Hundenelsker, distributing can be rather difficult.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 12/11/2014 at 6:07 PM Post #9
**shyly glances in** can I help tutor too?
Velyanthe
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 12/11/2014 at 6:20 PM Post #10
Keanai: I've been approaching it like any other game, but I get "focus on only one thing" is the way to go here, then.

I don;t have access to them but I've been working towards it. I don't really care too much? I want them but they're not my main priority. And I've been doing quests, and got stuck killing a guy in a quest... hence I'm here. After working towards that indirectly. Soooo yeah, I AM working towards that. (I'd appreciate a bit less of the "wow you really don;t know anything" attitude though. I've had an absolutely awful day and I appreciate your help but. Please.)

NightbaneWolf: Sure.
Edited By Velyanthe on 12/11/2014 at 6:22 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.