Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > Company of Fools
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Azhtann
Level 60
Threads: 16
Posted: 12/4/2014 at 1:11 PM Post #1
The times are ancient. Medieval, even. The kingdom is under the rule of a fairly young and untried king, who leans heavily on his magical advisor who calls himself Azgur the Black. Many are wary of this so-called practitioner of the magical arts, but the king will do nothing without first consulting Azgur. The servants and castle staff have taken to calling him King Azgur behind closed doors and in hushed voices. Once a peaceful kingdom, it seems this new advisor is pushing the king into war with the surrounding kingdoms. Scattered and small, the other kingdoms resent this young king flexing his musles, and it is only a matter of time before they band together and attack. Anyone who opposes Azgur instantly gains the disfavor of the king, so a band of loyal subjects have come together to see what can be done about this problem. They call themselves the Company of Fools, for it would be foolish for them to be caught at what they are doing. The Company consists of many different subjects, highborn and low, and noone who is truly interested in exposing Azgur for a fraud is turned away. Who will you be? One of Azgur's spies, trying to uncover who the Company is? One of the Company? The choices are endless.

So, interested after reading my little intro? I sure hope so. It would get lonely playing this thing alone. And predictable. So! Here is where I post some rules and expectations for my fellow roleplayers. Everyone has to have them, after all.

1.) Please try to write more than one or two lines. We all have off days, and I certainly do not expect a novel from every post, but make things interesting. Tell us what your character is feeling, seeing, smelling, tasting, you get the point. Be descriptive. Have fun!

2.) Please write your character in third person. While you are controlling your character, it flows better if you do not post as a first person view of your character. For example: Azgur stalked down the hall, patting his pockets with an absent mind. He was displeased with the way the hearing had gone, and would have to convince the king later to listen to reason. His reason.
Not: I walked down the hall, patting my pockets with an absent mind. How dare the king not listen to me. I was Azgur the Black! I made sure to scowl angrily at all I passed.

3.) obvious one. Follow site rules.

4.) While Azgur is called a magician, he is really just a smoke and mirrors guy. This is a fairly true to life RP, so no true magic. No mythical beasts exist save in stories, and the only race is human. Keep in mind, it is also a Medieval RP, so no modern weaponry or clothing.

5.) You control your character, no one else's. If you get into a fight, you cannot simply hit someone else, or win automatically. An example: Torren swung his fist at the intruder, hoping his fist connected. If not, he was not much use in any other style of fighting, having grown up the son of a holy man.
Not: Torren swung and punched the intruder square in the face, knocking him out completely with one blow. He knew all those hours boxing the stablehand would pay off!
Also keep in mind, your character is not perfect at everything they do, nor are they all powerful. Everyone has faults, it is fun to play them.

Okay, pretty simple, no? Here is the application form I would like you to fill out:

Character's Name:
Member of the Company of Fools?:
Member of Azgur's Spies?:
Description of Appearance (no pictures please):
Personality:
Anything Else We Should Know About Your Character?:
Bmrbgttyjjl
Level 64
The Perfectionist
Threads: 86
Posted: 12/4/2014 at 11:33 PM Post #2
Ooooooh. Me first!

Character's Name: Mariee
Member of the Company of Fools: Yes
Member of Azgur's Spies: No, but she's trying to be to, be an undercover agent
Description of Appearance (no pictures please): Red above the shoulder hair, deep blue eyes, 5' 6", Slim but sturdy, loves her bangles and harem pants (Grrr I suck at describing people from my head, here's a reference pic sorry)
Personality: She's a very good lair, Headstrong, Caring to those less fortunate (Thinking and developing her more in my head)
Anything Else We Should Know About Your Character: She love to dance and sucks at physical fights unless properly provoked.
Edited By Bmrbgttyjjl on 12/5/2014 at 7:46 AM.
Azhtann
Level 60
Posted: 12/5/2014 at 5:31 AM Post #3
Not sure if it is just me, your link did not work for me. I do love the idea of your character so far! Welcome to the Company of Fools. I believe with one more character we shall be able to begin. I plan on playing a couple of characters, so that should help the story along.
Bmrbgttyjjl
Level 64
The Perfectionist
Threads: 86
Posted: 12/5/2014 at 7:49 AM Post #4
Okay. Thanks for telling me..... Does it work now? And Thank you I'm glad you like her. :)
Azhtann
Level 60
Posted: 12/5/2014 at 7:59 AM Post #5
It works now!
Snowflakesurfer
Level 0
Threads: 1
Posted: 12/7/2014 at 5:55 PM Post #6
Character's Name: April
Member of the Company of Fools?: yep
Member of Azgur's Spies?: nope
Description of Appearance (no pictures please): Long, light brown hair that she often puts in pigtails, brown eyes, (I know, I suck at descriptions, so here's a link)
Personality: Outgoing, caring, committing, tries to be as nice as possible, but sometimes she can fly off the handle.
Anything Else We Should Know About Your Character?: Although she is young, she's extremely intelligent, especially socially.
Edited By Snowflakesurfer on 12/9/2014 at 7:03 AM.
Azhtann
Level 60
Posted: 12/7/2014 at 6:09 PM Post #7
A couple of things. Photography was not invented in Medieval times, so her occupation is not acceptable. If you could please pick one that is more time appropriate, that would be greatly appreciated. If you could also pick a different picture (even though I had asked for an actual description, not a picture), that would be great. How about you work on your character a bit more, and we will go from there?
Snowflakesurfer
Level 0
Threads: 1
Posted: 12/9/2014 at 6:58 AM Post #8
oh! sorry, I totally forgot about the medieval thing... I'll change it!
Azhtann
Level 60
Posted: 12/10/2014 at 7:36 AM Post #9
Again, I asked for a description, not a picture. The picture you chose does not fit with Medieval styles. One more chance to modify your character to fit.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 324
Posted: 12/10/2014 at 11:13 AM Post #10
Character's Name: Yasa Gregovich
Member of the Company of Fools?: yes
Member of Azgur's Spies?: maybe but never says
Description of Appearance (no pictures please): wears a long black cloak, and black clothing. His hair is a light brown, and long for a boy, and he keeps it parted to the right side. he is tall (5' 10') and strong. he has many hidden pockets with many knives and daggers hidden in them. he has a straight scar across his neck.
Personality: dark, secretive, his actions speak louder than his words.
Anything Else We Should Know About Your Character?: he does not have any mercy for killing, and is not easily befriended.
Edited By Hawkeye on 12/10/2014 at 2:03 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.