Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Few questions
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Neoangel
Level 52
Threads: 12
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 1:48 PM Post #1
1. What are "wheel pets"?
2. How can I tell if a pet Im purchasing is Rare, Common ect. (like how there are stars for wild pets)
3. what does it mean to be pure breed.
4. How do a get a themed pet everyone is talking about and what are they?

Thanks!!
Donmino
Level 70
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 2:14 PM Post #2
1) You win them by spinning the wheel. There isn't a festival happening right now so I can't show you directly, but... think a wheel of fortune type affair.

Wheel pets are exclusive themed pets, and first gen will always be tagged.

http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=583071

If you scroll down a little, on the left side of his page are the words Mysterious Love Ryori, in purple text. That's a tag, and they only appear on wild caught themed pets (or in the case of wheel pets, eggs awarded directly from the wheel.)

Wheel pets are very, very rare, and thus very valuable. Themes available from the wheel are usually for fabled species (Lighira, Aeridini, Ryori, Ny'vene, etc)

2) The rarities of pets found in the wild depends on the GP they have. It takes 1 GP to make a carry, and two to make a visible trait. In old zones (Esior's Fields and Santuary of Saerielle) uncommon = 2GP, rare = 3GP, and epic = 4GP. In the newer zones, uncommon = 1GP, rare = 2 GP, and epic = 4GP. This said, the number of traits a pet has will tell you its rarity (though bred pets with high GP are much more common than caught pets, so idk.)

3) A purebred pet is one with a lineage that can be traced back to tagged themed pets, from all parents/ grandparents/ great grandparents, etc. This means that they keep all of the colors of the original themed pets, which makes them more valuable.

4) Themed pets are currently only available during festivals. They're encountered in the special festival zone, and they have a consistent, defined color pattern that makes them identifiable. Also, all wild-caught ones are tagged, like my Ryori up there. I'll list a few for you:

http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=575621
http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=584320
http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=452039
http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=876970

Aside from catching a wild themed pet, you can always buy them from other players, or look for giveaways in the games and contests forum c:

If you have any further questions, feel free to drop me a PM ovo
Neoangel
Level 52
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 2:18 PM Post #3
Thanks one last question. Can Themed pets be caught at any time or are they only available to be caught during a festival
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 2:21 PM Post #4
Themed pets are almost usually only festival-exclusive. So only available during festivals. c: And most themeds tend to be exclusive to one festival.

(sorry, wanted to chime in ;w; )
Neoangel
Level 52
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 2:23 PM Post #5
Hey no worries thanks everyone!
Donmino
Level 70
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 2:23 PM Post #6
They are exclusive to festivals, though adding new, super rare themes to wander the zones will happen in the future. Krin confirms it at the bottom of the next page.

(dang it flute)
Edited By Donmino on 10/8/2014 at 2:23 PM.
AaronAmpora
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 148
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 2:26 PM Post #7
I think I can help you out. :)

First off, terms like "common", "rare" and "epic" aren't generally used to refer to any pets except wild-caught ones, but the best way to tell is by looking at how many gene points, or GP a pet has. The way you can tell is for every trait they carry it's 1GP and for every visible trait, it's 2GP.

So take this Vulnyx of mine for example:

He has 1 visible trait, so that's 2GP, and he has 2 carried traits, that's 1GP each. So all together he has 4GP, making him an "Epic" if I had caught him in the wild. (I believe, the GP for each tier are different depending on what zone you're in)

Okay, moving onto the themed pets~
Themed pets are essentially a specific coloration found in the wild during Festivals, that have a special tag in their info. Only a certain amount are caught during each festival, then they're gone afterwards, so some are very rare.
Wheel Pets are very similar, except they're not found in the wild, but you get them from spinning the Wheel (think Wheel of Fortune) and they are very rare, so very highly valued.

Examples of themed pets: Midnight Firefly Bulbori from the Summer Festival (if you click these guys, it'll take you to their pages and you can scroll to the bottom to see their tags)

Examples of Wheel Pets: Starry Night Lighira from the Summer Festival (you can click these ones too)

A lot of people like to breed themed pets together, since they have the same colors, and make high-trait offspring from them, but these offspring are generally only considered valuable if they are "purebred" which means they only have themed pets of the same theme in their ancestry.

This is a Purebred Spooky Ryori, from last year's Fall festival.
AaronAmpora
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 148
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 2:27 PM Post #8
Oops, guess I was a little too slow. :P
Neoangel
Level 52
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 2:46 PM Post #9
Has the fall festival already happened this year? Or did I make it just in time to try my luck at getting these themed pets?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 8:36 PM Post #10
The fall fest is expected to happen late October, so you haven't missed it yet. =)
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.