Forum Index > Fan Fiction > Esme's Firsts
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Waycrazy
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 73
Posted: 9/14/2014 at 10:14 PM Post #1
This thread is a collection of my avatar character's first experiences!

First, the lovely lady in question:

Second, a little background info:

Esme lives in a small village close to the volcano that never sleeps, an as-of unexplored area of the map. As so, there isn't a whole lot of diversity and her looks are a bit odd compared to everyone else's. She wields fire as a weapon, a talent she was born with but had to learn to control.

Yeah, that's all you really need to know for now. :P Really, this is just a bit of character building that could be considered fanfic, so I thought I'd share. Please enjoy her first experiences! ^.^
Edited By Waycrazy on 9/14/2014 at 10:36 PM.
Waycrazy
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 9/14/2014 at 10:15 PM Post #2
Table of Contents

I. First Encounter.......................................................................................................Page One

II. First Meeting.........................................................................................................Page One

III. First Flight.............................................................................................................Page One

IV. First Kiss...............................................................................................................Page One
Edited By Waycrazy on 10/7/2014 at 5:21 PM.
Waycrazy
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 9/14/2014 at 10:17 PM Post #3
First Encounter

She had gone off wandering again, slipping past her fathers unwatchful eyes and heading straight towards the great beasts everyone talked about but few had ever tried approaching. Scampering from house to house, pausing occasionally to hide behind a sign or garbage can, Esme never remembered to tuck in her tail. Still, none of the townsfolk bothered to stop her.

"Maybe her parents wouldnt have so many problems with her if they kept a closer eye on her."

"Shes a devils child, theres no reigning in that one."

Ignoring the adults whispers like usual, the six-year-old made it to the edge of town undisturbed. Grinning in triumph she leapt into the air, little wings straining to keep her aloft for longer than a few seconds. Six . . . seven. . . eight! Feet hitting the earth once more, she gave a whoop of joy before taking off running. Eight seconds, that was a new record! One day she would fly so effortlessly, like the ny'vene, that the other kids wouldn't be able to laugh or make fun of her useless wings any longer. Shes show them. And then, if they were really nice, she might finally set the school on fire. All the kids would love her then! They'd been asking her to do so for as long as shed been in school but when shed told her mother, her mother had forbidden it, explaining that the kids were just trying to use her. If they were already friends, Esme reasoned, it would be okay!

So wrapped up in her musings, she didn't notice how far she had run or even what was in front of her until something large and solid suddenly stopped her motion, her forward momentum suddenly shifting and throwing her backwards to land on her tail.

"Ow! You big dummy, watch where you're going!" The words were shrieked as her eyes squeezed shut, face scrunching up as little balls of flame burst to life around her. Shes landed right on her tail! And it hurt.A lot! A single tear rolled down her cheek when she opened her eyes, ready to fling fire at whatever she had run into.

Or. . .not. Because the creature she had hit was already on fire.

Esme stared up at the massive ny'vene as it craned its head from side to side, trying to get a better look at her and, for the first time in her life, Esme was left speechless. She had seem them flying before, but never up close. This particular ny'vene was a dull, tarnished red with battle scars seeming to cover most of its body. There was intelligence in the yellow eyes as its head dipped to her level, revealing curving horns atop its skull that ended in pointed tips. Esme grinned when its nostrils flared, wondering excitedly if it was going to breathe fire on her or not.

"GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

Hair flying back from the force of the beasts cry, Esme was stunned by the volume as the nyvene spread its legs, stance wide as it flared its wings to reveal their black underside and making it look twice as large as it was. Wait a minute. . .She did that too!

Shaking her head to try and clear out the ringing sound, Esme took in as deep a breath as her little lungs could hold and flared her wings, stretching her arms out for extra affect.

"RAAAAAAWR!"

Holding the cry for as long as she could, she gasped in air and looked up at the creature, giving the stunned-looking dragon a dainty curtsy. "Nice to meet you, too," she chirped before running past the alpha and into his harem of ladies, giggling. Dragons said hello strangely, no wonder the townsfolk were so afraid of them.

Tripping over a depression in the ground, she squealed as she pitched forward into the wide, shallow hole, arms and wings flailing. Landing hard on her upper arms, the air rushed out of her lungs, leaving it impossible to scream when something bit her tail. Scrabbling to her feet she whirled around, ready to fight, only to find a baby ny'vene standing before her. The furred end of her tail twitching, she cooed at the little dragon even as its eyes locked onto her tail again.

"Awww, you're so cute! And my size!" Indeed, the hatchling's head only reached to her shoulders. "And you're on fire, just like I can be! But yours is so much prettier silver." Tail flickering in jealously, she still smiled when the little dragon hopped forward, opening her arms for a hug.

"Ouch! That's my tail!"
Edited By Waycrazy on 9/14/2014 at 10:33 PM.
Waycrazy
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 9/14/2014 at 10:18 PM Post #4
First Meeting

Fingers curled in a death grip on her mothers skirt, Esme stared up at the approaching old man with wide eyes. He looked. . .like her. Shed never seen anyone who looked like her before. She couldnt keep her eyes on one single part of him, wanting to see it all. He had great, nyvene-like wings, easily twice as large as her own but faded, like clothe left out too long in the sun. The inner membrane of her wings were a vivid splash of crimson, while his looked more like dried blood. They were a deep, dark red that could possibly be brown, as well. A thick, scaly tail dragged behind him, the underside of it that same dark red while the rest of it was a black bordering on grey. And his horns

His horns were long and beautiful, sprouting from just above his temples and containing a gentle curl that made them slope back along his skull, extending back a good foot or so. Unlike her dual-colored horns his were a solid black and gleamed, as if he polished them.

Suddenly self-conscious, Esme fought the urge to cover her own little nubs of horns that barely peeked out of her hair. How long until hers grew long and beautiful like that? Was it another puberty thing? Maybe she would wake up one day and discover she suddenly had long horns and big breasts. Ohhhh, she could only hope. She was already eleven, it had to happen any day now, right?

Gaze flying to his face when the old man laughed, Esme blushed at his kind smile. "You're not afraid of me, little one?" The question was asked with so much warmth that it almost confused her. Her mother was the only one who ever talked to her that way. This old man was very friendly.

"Your horns are beautiful, I wish mine were that long and pretty!"

The words were said in a rush, escaping her lips before her mind had even had a chance to think on them. She fought against the urge to hide her face in her mothers waist, instead lifting her chin defiantly, as if challenging him to respond. She got to hold the look for a whole eight second before the old man began to laugh, her defiance shifting into confusion. Tilting her head, Esme watched as his face slowly turned redder and redder as he laughed. Glancing up at her mother, she grew all the more confused to see momma trying to hide a smile behind her hand. What was so funny?

"Beautiful horns," the old man chuckled when he regained his breath, drawing her attention back to him. "I can't say anyone has ever called them beautiful before." Wiping the tears of mirth from his eyes, he slowly knelt down on one knee, grunting at the effort. "I'm sure one day your horns will be even longer and prettier than mine, little one. My name is Alexander."

Giving her that kind smile again he reached out his hand, a spark igniting in his palm before flaring to life, a little ball of flames bobbing merrily just above his flesh. "Would you like be to teach you about the fire you have in you?"

Eyes wide, Esme stared at the floating fire, just like the stuff she made when she got angry or scared. He had done it on purpose, though. He was just like her! He could teach her? Poppa wouldn't have a reason to get upset with her if she could control it. . .And the other kids wouldn't be able to call her a freak anymore because there was someone else like her! Looking up hopefully at her mother, Esme grinned when momma nodded and gently pushed her towards Alexander. Smiling shyly, she took the few steps forward and thrust her hand out, delight filling her when her hand passed through his flames unscathed to meet wonderfully hot flesh. "I'm Esme. Please teach me everything you know!"
Edited By Waycrazy on 9/14/2014 at 10:35 PM.
Waycrazy
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 9/14/2014 at 10:19 PM Post #5
First Flight

Today was the day she was going to learn to fly.

Taking in a deep breath, Esme broke out in a fierce grin as she stared out at the wide, open space before her. She had been watching every living creature with wings that she could find, trying to discover the secret behind their easy flight. All of them had simply taken off effortlessly from the ground, though. She had tried that a million times now but had never had the power to get more than a foot or two off the ground. Even Alexander hadn't been willing to help her.

"You're still too young to be flying, Esme. I didn't start until I was nearly 18, when I could power my way off the ground. You've still got a few years to go."

Wrinkling her nose up as her mentors words echoed in her head, Esme stuck her tongue out. She was twelve, that was plenty old enough to fly. Her ny'vene friend could fly, and he'd only hatched last week! She wanted to fly with him, so she had started to devise different plans. Trying to take off from a dead start hasn't worked, and neither had a running start. She had tried to jump off the roof of Alex's home but he had caught her and taken her to her mother, who had made Esme promise to never try doing that again.

She hadn't promised anything about cliffs, though.

Smirking at the deep drop just before her feet, Esme dangled her toes off the edge, wings flared. She had gotten the idea after watching a momma bird push her babies from the nest, the little babies taking to the air as if they had always been flying. When she had seen a momma ny'vene do it the next week on this very cliff, her plan had been confirmed as perfectly valid. All that was left now was to jump and fly.

Backing away from the edge, she bolstered her courage, eyes gleaming with determination. If she could fly six years before Alexander, who knew what other great things she could do! Maybe she could even put the volcano back to sleep and make the townspeople relax. She definitely could!

"Esme? What are you doing over there?"

Eyes flaring wide at the sound of Alexanders voice, Esme whipped her head around, staring at the old man as he switched directions, heading towards her now rather than the ny'vene flock. She couldn't let him stop her! If he did he would take her back to her mother and she would have to make more promises and then she would never learn to fly!

"Esme, what are you doing? Esme?! Young lady, don't you even think about it!"

It was too late, though. She had already taken off running towards the cliff, wings tucked in tight against her body so they didn't slow her down. He was too far away, there was no chance of him catching her now.

"Esme, no!"

Alexanders cry of denial was too late as Esme flung her little body off the edge of the cliff, a squeal of delight escaping her as her wings snapped open, wind immediately filling them. Wobbling, her tail took on a life of its own as it adjusted, one wing curling in, and suddenly she was steady. Cool! Good job, brain, she praised herself, grinning like a little fool. Beating her wings hard she began to slowly rise upwards, though it only took a minute before she was panting, her wings burning from the exertion. And she hadn't even cleared the lip of the cliff where shed jumped from yet

Glancing up at it, she blinked to see Alexander finally poke his head over, relief filing his features. "Oh thank the gods, you're still alive," he sighed, making her roll her eyes. Of course she was alive, she was flying! Now if only she could get back up to land. . .Feeling warmth from below she took a second to glance down, frowning at the little bobbling fires. Those weren't hers, what was Alexander doing? When the extra heat from the fire met her wings Esme found herself rising more quickly with less effort. Oh! Was that why he always lit fires under his wings whenever he flew? That was smart, it made it so much easier!

Cresting the lip, she squealed when she was suddenly plucked out of the air and into Alexanders arms. "You're crushing me!" The protest was muffled against his chest as he hugged her so tightly it pushed the air from her lungs, leaving her wings flailing awkwardly when she couldn't fold them neatly against her back thanks to his arms.

"You little fool, I told you no flying for a reason," he whispered, and Esme finally realized that he was shaking. Why? It wasn't cold.

"But I did fly, Alexander! Just like the baby birds and the ny'vene hatchlings!"

When he finally released her and set her back on her feet, Esme instantly felt guilty at the sight of the tears in his eyes, her own filling until they overflowed. "I did it all by myself! I just wanted to fly with my friends!" Sobbing now, she flung herself back at him, knowing he would catch her.

"I know, little one. I know. Shhh, its okay now. I'm not angry, I was just afraid you were going to be hurt." Caressing the top of her head, he squeezed her tight with his other arm. "Your wings just aren't strong enough to fly yet. Its too early, like some baby birds that fall from the nest. Promise me you wont try and fly on your own anymore, and I'll promise to help you strengthen your wings up until you can fly. Okay?"

"O-Okay. Promise."
Edited By Waycrazy on 3/5/2017 at 8:42 PM.
Black
Level 62
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 111
Posted: 9/17/2014 at 1:37 PM Post #6
MOAR
Waycrazy
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 10/7/2014 at 6:00 PM Post #7
First Kiss

She had a plan. A foolproof plan, really. No one would be expecting it, especially not her intended victim. Ohh, but he would walk away smiling. Or stay right where he was and demand another.

Giggling, Esme twirled around in front of her mirror, watching the clothe of her thin, gauzy skirt flare up to her hips before settling back to her thighs. Perfect. Next she shimmied, watching the red and orange beads that circled the bottom of her top move and reflect the light, momentarily entrancing her. Oh yeah, she had this down alright. She was going to take down a bigshot tonight. Tugging at her top and jumping up and down to make sure it was tight enough that she wouldnt fall out of the glorified bikini top, she smiled and nodded in satisfaction before glancing at the long, silken dress that Alexander expected her to wear and wrinkled her nose. The other girls would be wearing them because it got cold at night, not because they wanted to. She didn't have to worry about the cold, so why should she have to wear it? But if she didn't, Alexander would tell her mother and Esme would never get to go to another dance for the rest of her teenage life. Being sixteen was hard.

Reluctantly wriggling into the dress, she studied herself again to make sure the beads of her top weren't visible through the delicate material. Despite getting old, her mentor still had a sharp eye. Wishing she had some dark lipstick to really seal the deal, Esme allowed herself a second to pout at her reflection before she ran down the stairs and threw herself at Alexander, wrapping her arms around him and pressing a kiss to his forehead. "I'm off to the dance, bye!" The words were breathed in a rush and she turned to fly off, hesitating at his words.

"Hold on now, young lady. Its your first dance, I want to see what you look like. Get back here."

Scowling for a second, she was smiling brightly by the time she turned back to face him, spinning a slow circle before curtsying like the most civil of ladies.

" Do I look pretty, good sir? "

The words were airy and asked with a sophisticated flare, and Esme's lips tightened against a smile when she rose from her curtsy to find him shaking his head and smiling at her. "Get out of here, you scamp. Don't set anything on fire! And Esme, you look beautiful." The last was said with a warmth that she had never heard in her fathers tone and she faltered on her way out, running back to hug him tightly again. "Thank you, Alexander. I'll be back at ten, I promise."

---

"Holy volcano virgin, is she seriously wearing that?"

"Theres no way that creepy old man let her come in that."

"The freak thinks she can wear whatever she wants just because she doesn't get cold."

Ignoring the whispers of the females around her, Esme took in a deep breath, running over the information she had gathered for her current mission. She had read books, observed others, and anything else she could imagine to help her improve her ways, and she was going to show up those nasty girls that had pestering her for weeks now.

"You're such a freak, I bet youve never even kissed a boy!"

Fuming over the memory, she clenched her fists and began to count backwards from fifty. She hadn't been able to deny it, because she hadn't kissed a boy before. When she hadn't defended herself with her normal vigor, the fact had spread. Quickly. She was going to fix that tonight. Her plan was perfect. Walk up to Faine, the most-wanted guy in school, kiss him soundly, then gloat to all the little gaping little ice queens.

Finally reaching zero Esme took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, plastering a charming smile on her lips as she did a quick internal check of her temperature, dropping it a few degrees so she wouldn't singe Faine. That would be embarrassing. "Okay, Esme. You can do this. Its just a kiss. Lips, tongue, technique. Don't screw up," she whispered to herself.

Taking a second to glance at the whispering ice queens, she made the most disturbed face she could imagine, smirking at their horrified looks before she straightened her spine and pulled her shoulders back, chin up. Walking, she was walking towards him. Oh gods, she was actually going to do this. She was going to rock it!

"Hi, Faine."

Her voice was a touch too high when she greeted him and she immediately cursed her nerves, waiting until he had turned towards her. "Oh, uh, hi Esme...Woah!"

His surprised cry was music to her ears as she grabbed the sides of his head and pulled him down to her level before slanting her lips over his, not giving him a chance to protest further. She kissed him until her lungs screamed for air, pulling back with a faint gasp and licking her lips, blinking up at his dazed faced. Wow. That was...awesome. She needed to do that more often. Smiling at his shocked face, she playfully patted his cheek before turning and walking towards the girls that had made her their prime subject of gossip, thoroughly enjoying their looks of mixed horror. "Good luck telling everyone I haven't kissed a boy now," she said smugly, resisting the urge to lunge and hiss at them when so many people were watching. They ran every time though, it was kind of addicting. Flipping her hair over her shoulder Esme brushed past them, lips curling at the sound of hurried footsteps and an enthralled voice.

"Esme! Hey, you want to go out sometime?"
Edited By Waycrazy on 10/7/2014 at 6:07 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 8:29 PM Post #8
Unlocked

This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.