Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Are generated pets supposed to be this m...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Velyanthe
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 22
Posted: 8/31/2014 at 11:46 PM Post #1
(I've asked the chat this, but I'd like more verification because it seems kind of weird.)

"Please note, when Generating, the colors for your Sylesti will not always be the ones you chose. My Generator isn't always able to exactly mimic the colors you selected."

The quote seems to imply that colors, even with the normal generator, are supposed to be close to what you pick, but maybe a bit off. Should be in the general area, right?

This guy's pretty close. All of his colors, as expected, were in the brown range, as intended. Color Three (visible) ranges into the dark pinks, but as pink's close to orange (and brown is a dark orange), that's pretty liveable. Except then his eyes, instead of pale brown, are pale green (not a big issue, but weird), and his Gene Three is dark blue instead of dark brown.

This girl's good on all except Color Three. Which is blue instead of brown.

It just seems really weird to have such random colorings and I don't really know if it's intentional that they can go halfway around the color wheel or not. I know I wouldn't get exact colors, but they're so far off that I just don't really want them? Too far away to even breed cute coffee dragon babies.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 9/1/2014 at 12:20 AM Post #2
Yeah, it's known as a color swing. o:

Much to the disappointment of others, when generating using regular essences (the ones with the lowest amount of color accuracy relative to the other essences), colors can have hints of whatever color on em. That's how the swing is.

The swing tends to be a certain number added or subtracted from the RBG values, I think. That's how I think of it.

Went digging for an old thread, this has several cases of disappointed users when going through the generation process.
Nothing dyes can fix, but it's somewhat common.
Velyanthe
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 22
Posted: 9/1/2014 at 12:37 AM Post #3
Ah, thanks! That helps explain it. Frustrating I suppose. Guess I'll just have to try again.
Black
Level 62
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 111
Posted: 9/1/2014 at 4:34 PM Post #4
Remember, the better the essence, the more exact the colors will be! Enhanced Essences will give you less of a color swing, and mystical essences tend to be pretty exact. (there are always exceptions)

Same with dyes, Greater dyes giving you a more accurate result than the lesser ones.
Roseydove
Level 71
The Dreamer
Threads: 24
Posted: 9/3/2014 at 9:04 AM Post #5
I find that paler colors are most obvious when they miscolor. It's near impossible to get a perfect white out of a regular essence, as it will change to a grey or an off-white of any random color it seems. Same with light colors such as cream. Black is less obvious, so when I use a regular essence, I try to make the main colors really dark so the inaccuracies are at least a little less noticeable. For serious breeding projects, I try to use mainly enhanced or mystical essences.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.