Forum Index > News and Announcements > 2014 Summer Festival Overview
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Mystrea
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 76
Posted: 7/28/2014 at 1:21 PM Post #31
I agree that it's all luck of the draw... Just REALLY bad luck for me. This is my first festival, and I have won nothing worthwhile. Others, have got 2-3 pets and great items. I could understand maybe if I had only played 4-5 tickets... Oh well... Not encouraging enough for me to continue to spend real money for tickets. I'll just deal with the regular day-to-day stuff. That's enjoyment enough.
Chianda
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 0
Posted: 7/28/2014 at 2:00 PM Post #32
My comment doesn't really have anything to do with the wheel... I love it and hate it at the same time! I will continue spinning on the off chance that I get something good like last fest (thank you for my Ishkur) and am happy to support the site with diamond sales when I can. I am actually glad we don't see excessive amounts of wheel pets being won or else they would be worthless. But I do wish the chance for high grade traps/essences was a bit better!

But anyways! Since we brought up the economy...
I was wondering if there is a way to implement a function that would allow users to sell their unwanted/needed boss avatar items in exchange for like 1 or 2 sun tokens per piece?
Its only like 3 days in to the festival and most of the pieces are already worthless on the broker due to the massive amounts of people selling the same items and undercutting each other. I just figured with a system where you can choose to broker it or sell it for a few tokens then maybe the value of the items might increase instead of steadily decline over the course of the festival or at the very least not hit rock bottom prices.
I don't think you would need to be too worried about the effect it would have on holiday shop items since this would make it more likely for people to get what they want and maybe a few extra to sell to those people who are smart enough to sleep and not live in the festival zones. They might also just choose to spend more sun tokens on normal wheel tickets. As it is I think most people spend more time looking for themed pets and chest spawns then nurturing for tokens, which I find weird since I got quite a few nurturing.

Anyways! Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling and thanks for another awesome festival! I love the events on this site <3
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/28/2014 at 2:33 PM Post #33
Implementing a feature like that would actually take a lot of effort. After the festival is over, I'll take a look at the drops of everything and make changes for the next festival. I haven't really changed item drop rates in awhile; been mostly copy/pasting from older festivals.

The ideal solution would to simply adjust drop rates to be rare to the point of where we like. I think part of the issue stems from the fact that named no longer have placeholders in the festival zone, but drop rates remain the same.

But either way, less drops or drops + conversion, you end up with the same result: more tokens/more tickets. But reducing drop rates is just a lot easier to implement.
Chianda
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 0
Posted: 7/28/2014 at 2:47 PM Post #34
Thanks for the reply Krin!
I wasn't sure if it would be hard or not, the thought just occurred to me yesterday when I got like my 4th repeat of a staff from Syri. Thankfully the octopus lady seems to be pretty good about holding on to her goods. I really don't wanna take away time for something that's kinda trivial in comparison to all the other changes you guys are making on the site I was just curious if it would be hard or not! It could just be a 'me' problem since I have claimed the festival zone as my new home for the foreseeable future lol :)
Nualla
Level 60
The Whimsical
Threads: 39
Posted: 7/28/2014 at 10:10 PM Post #35
Will there be a second wave of themed pets in the festival zone?
Bluetastic
Level 61
Trickster
Threads: 18
Posted: 7/29/2014 at 9:12 AM Post #36
when will the seashell scavenger hunt begin? i am having trouble getting sun tokens and wheel tickets so i am eager for it to start :)
Edited By Bluetastic on 7/29/2014 at 9:13 AM.
Treetoes
Level 60
The Dreamer
Threads: 84
Posted: 7/29/2014 at 11:13 AM Post #37
Cant wait for the shell hunt!! I really need sun tokens :P So far this is fun! (I dont mind the wheel being picky haha)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/29/2014 at 1:06 PM Post #38
We will probably add a second variation of themed pets this weekend and I will try to get the scavenger hunt released today.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 7/30/2014 at 10:00 AM Post #39
Krin, I know you're saying the philters are literally on the wheel because you need a junk item.. but they really REALLY are a junk item to a LOT of players who never use them period. =/

[I should note, I don't even realize when I get a diamond philter cause stats mean absolutely nothing to me, so to me it's 'You got a brick. Look, you got a brick that's a different color this time! This one's got a stencil design on it too!' I don't care, it's still just a brick to me. XD Whatever it does is not helping me in the slightest and my only recourse is to go hurling these things through Sav's windows so they land in her inventory.]

I tried suggesting the ability to trade in philters for even small amounts of scales last fest and I still stand by that suggestion.. I get that you are thinking someday i'll have crafting in the game and the wheel can give crafting items, but someday might take a while..

Maybe even some sort of raffle where the cost to enter is philters. Just.. something to actually do with them would be nice. It doesn't have to be an insta-win-great-things sort of solution, but something to keep them from just becoming this valueless thing everyone has tons of all the time until crafting is in the game would be helpful. ^^ [Hurry! Sav's running out of windows that arn't broken yet!]
Edited By Zelly on 7/30/2014 at 10:13 AM.
Sunspirits
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/30/2014 at 10:01 AM Post #40
Just a quick question...will there be an art contest? I haven't seen a post and wasn't sure if it was still coming or not..

Enjoying everything else though!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.