Players 2,353 346
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,255,791 1,456
Generated 656,436 9
Captured 1,191,034 46
Bred 6,408,226 1,401
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Seasonal Festival Themed Candidate Discu...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Junco
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 29
Posted: 7/15/2014 at 9:13 PM Post #1
As not to clutter up the official thread, I thought it'd be nice to have a thread to discuss our favorite potential themed pets from the festivals. I see so many I love, and I know that not all of them will make it to be the actual themed. So, here's a thread to gush about all the really pretty designs!

Probably my favorite is Wonderfulb2uty's Iced Lemon Tea Zolnixis. While I totally want my own design to win (I made it back during Springfest), I would be perfectly happy to see these guys running around, and I'd quite frankly probably collect them.

The rich colors really do invoke the Arnold Palmer.

I also really enjoy the Sunflower Luffox, made by Leeeka. This color scheme really works well for the Luffox, and I'd love to have a couple of these (rotting) in my Stables with all my other themed pets.

And, of all the Fireworks-themed pets, I think Reisari's Fireworks Aeridini is the least visually busy and gets the point across really well. I think it'd be a Wheel Pet that people would really go nuts for.

What themed pets made by other people do you really like?
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 42
Posted: 7/15/2014 at 9:54 PM Post #2
Oh gosh, I've seen soooo many lovely designs. It was hard to narrow it down to just a few for this list!

Lizswordmaid's Strawberry Shortcake Sylvorpa

Winter's Seaside Lupora

Saplinggirl264's Blackberry Kelpari
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 7/15/2014 at 11:12 PM Post #3
i'd like to appreciate all the good sports that are having fun making their designs, regardless of whether they look similar to another person's design or theme or not c:

because we can only think about so many different themes and color schemes when thinking about summer, and calling people out saying "this looks quite like my design" is a bit crass

sometimes 2-5 people think about lemonade and sunflowers when they think of summer, so, and sometimes some designs can look quite similar to one another, but i think everything is so pretty :>

this fest shall be a good one, good luck to the winners who choose~
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 3:47 AM Post #4
You liked my design! xD
Thanks! ^-^

And I agree with Flute, there's really only so many themes we can come up with, and most people think of the same few things when it comes to summer. Most of the designs are really pretty~~ x3

But I'll have to say, these are some of my favourites:
Sun Diety Griffi, by Fforfox

Bonfire Morkko, by Junco
(Morkkos are so hard to make them look good! =O )

Island Aeridini, by Arlinne
Junco
Level 75
High Warlord
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 8:54 AM Post #5
So I had to leave for work last night before I could get through all of my favorite pets. I would like to take a moment to note that everyone has done a good job, I just really love color and some palettes really rub me the right way. I love everyone's entries, but this is basically a Junconian highlight reel.

Mysticelf's Lunar Eclipse Aurleon is simply gorgeous. Look at this thing.

That's gorgeous. My only concern is the wild pet color swing on those greys, blacks, and whites. But seriously, I waaaant it.

Xavion is a person of distinguished taste, so demonstrated by the Barn Owl themed of the Spring and also that her favorite Draeyl mutation is Raptor Feathers. Truly a gentlelady and a scholar. Oh, and her Deep Sea Draeyl is nice too.

Also, apparently Arkhantha knows that I'm a sucker for the whole black/dark blue/light yellow color scheme, because this is some excellent use of it in this Draeyl.

MourningLily's Ruby Red Grapefruit Kelpari are so juicy! It's evocative of grapefruit juice much in the way that the Chocolate Strawberry Nytekrie was to me (an almost synesthetic experience).

Aaronampora's Fresh Raspberry Nephini really speaks to me on the same "I guess I'm really in the mood for fruit right now" level.

10/10 use of fire colors on an Aurleon. I want Fforfox's as much as I want Mysticelf's, but retain the exact same concerns. But who cares, it's pretty!

Also, a special shoutout to everyone who used black, dark red, burnt orange, and gold, because they all look friggin amazing and I want them in my Stables now, thank you.
Divinis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 11:19 AM Post #6
I think your Lighera are gorgeous!

and Arkhantha's Aeridini...

And holy cow these Sunrise Ryoris by Shaylmesse!

Okay and one last one by Serabee.

And I lied... I forgot about this firefly from Maimah

So many beautiful designs! Can't wait to see some of them running around Eisior!
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 3:42 PM Post #7
[Pinged just for my opening comment.]

Aww, Junco, you're flattering me. Care if I take that comment and tack it onto my profile page? I'd like to keep those compliments of yours in mind for future themed pet submissions. ;)

And on to my list of favorites. From my own 28 submissions (number subject to change in the near-future), three favorites:

Sweet Tea Bulbori and Tropical Waves Aeridini
Toasted S'mores Lighira

From the rest... Oh my, so many. It's a good thing that not all themes can be chosen, otherwise my stables would be so full of themed pet projects I could probably never complete them!

Fallyn's "Island Flower Aeridini" had a visual impact for me in an instant. If I'm not mistaken, the island flower in question is a Hibiscus, which has always been one of my favorites for the brightly contrasting, but not clashing, colors.

Agreed on Elf's (Mysticelf) "Lunar Eclipse Aurleon!" The tints of gold and silver blend together so nicely against the white and black.

Evilmaracas' "Smores Aeridini" is quite gorgeous. I love the focus of white with the tones of brown as contrast. With or without traits, it looks good scrumptious.

Serabee's "Roasted Marshmallow Bulbori" is another eye catcher for me. The off-white tone with the darker browns and near-blacks completes the look quite nicely.

Seconded on Winter's "Seaside Lupora." I remember rooting for it during the Spring Festival when it was "Lakeside Lupora" so it's wonderful to see it back for another shot! Funny enough... it was my Tiger Lilly Lupora design that was made into a theme. An unexpected victory, since I seriously thought that the Lakeside Lupora would beat it. Here's hoping the Seaside Lupora is victorious this round! Not that I dislike my own Lupora submissions of course :)

Cattestrophic's "Stargazer Ryori" has captured my full attention. After playing around with the traits myself, I was able to find plenty of 6V combinations that made the themed breeder in me grin. Though I had promised myself that I would take on any more Ryori projects since I have so many (Spooky, Blood Scream, Halloween, Lucky Scarab) I would make an exception for this theme if it makes the cut.

Arlinne has many wonderful looking Aeridini submissions. But of all of them, my favorite by far is the "Tidal Wave Aeridini." I love the multiple blue tones with the splash of white - it matches the theme flawlessly!

Mourninglily's "Ruby Red Grapefruit" is another stand-out that I find myself 'seconding' on the forum! Even though it's an 'eye burner' as said by the creator herself, it turned out beautiful! Lily, my friend, I would be honored to make this my first Kelpari themed project if it makes the cut! :D

Aaronampora's "Strawberry Daiquiri Lunemara" is another eye-catcher. The multiple shades of red and pink work with a subtle cohesion, and looking at it makes me really, really want a strawberry smoothie.

Wonderfulb2uty's "Summer Tan Faelora" reminds me so much of summer! After all of the beach themes, camping themes and the like, it's nice to see a themed pet that represents the results of the summer festivities!

Junco! Of all of your themes I must say that the "Toasted Marshmallow Zolnixi" is my favorite. Like the Bulbori made by Serabee, the colors really capture the theme! The more traits added, the more toasted it gets! If it makes the cut I'll be adding a second Zolnixi to my themed projects list! (And I'd even throw an eventual 6-vis at you if you like. :D)

Alicehearts' "Sandy Puffadore" is yet another one that catches my eye. The colors remind me of the effect of crashing waves and footprints along a beach.

Katasaur's "Driftwood Faelora" has also caught my attention as a themed pet breeder! The subtlety of the browns and grays really pulls off that driftwood feel and reminds me of the more deserted areas of the beach. I can see endless potential for 6-vis projects with this unique and out-of-the-box theme!

Asviloka's "Summer Swim Nephini" was an unexpected delight!! Though shown with only one or two visibles on the male and female, I decided to take a closer inspection of the theme. And oh MY it was gorgeous! By just randomly selecting trait designators I got this lovely 6-vis design! I am truly impressed by this one's blending of colors!

From Black, I love the "Busy Bee Aeridini." And yet bees and wasps are my least favorite thing about the summer days... Eh, I love the high contrast of the colors.

So many amazing entries this festival! There were countless others I like, but I didn't want to make a post that huge so I narrowed it all down as best as I possibly could! I don't see how the Admins do it! Having to cut it down to one-to-three options per species? I think I spent less time making themes for all species than I did just looking through them! Having to choose between them all? It'd take hours ._.

Good luck to everyone who submitted a themed design! I can't wait to see what the Summer Festival brings! :D
Edited By Xavion on 9/22/2014 at 1:22 AM.
MourningLily
Level 65
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 59
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 6:12 PM Post #8
`Daaaww thanks you guys :D

What a great thread discussion idea, Junco!

I gotta say that was hard to narrow it down to just a few. Goodness, there are so many lovely entries!

Here are some of my top faves!

(I did take the liberty of switching around a few traits on some these just for fun!)

Saplinggirl264's Bluejay Aurleon - An original idea and a great blending of colors!

Rixva's Sun Baked Luffox - I am a huge fan of burnt orange/amber colors and this luffox nails the sun baked theme!

Xavion's Summer Hibiscus Luffox - Bright, tropical, and sweet! What says summer more than that!?

Chidori's Starry Night Vulnyx - A tribute to one of Van Gogh's more famous pieces, i suspect. Just GORGEOUS!

Eimell's Setting Sun Nephini - I adore the coloring of this theme. They really pop without being too overwhelming visually. And it looks as though most of the traits pair up well together too - which everyone knows when designing a themed pet is a feat in of itself lol

Mysticelf's Honeysuckle Lunemara - So bright and refreshing. The colors compliment each other ever so nicely

Arkantha's Coconut Cocktail Griff - Mmmm pina coladas on the beach!

Arlinne's Island Aeridini - Tropical fruit crush! I Love the vividness of this design

Amirell's Royal Honey Aeridini - The royal purple, golds, and browns make this a stand out theme for me. Love the bold yet rich coloring!

Junco's Dragon Dance Ny'vene - Greys aren't my normal forte but these bad boys remind me of the gargoyles on the great cathedrals glinting in the sun. Every time I look at this theme, I fall that much more in love it. Very nicely done!

Charzarddragon819's Wild Horse Qitari - Love this theme. Brown, beige, and orange just work! It's also got a more subtle quality and isn't too garish. Au natural

Xavion's Sandcastle Zolnixi - These very much remind me of the beaches of the Oregon coast. The sand there is mix of dark and light with hints of blue, grey, and black rock! Add in the dark blue of the pacific ocean and this theme does a great job of representing that region.

Mio's Huge Wave Ryori - The blues and pearlscent tones on this Ryori are just stunning!

Mio's Merry Go Round Qitari - What a perfect theme for summer. Who hasn't spent a summer at the fair and been on the Merry-go-round? The colors are fabulous together lending just the right amount of bright and natural tones.

Savynn's Firestarter Vulnyx - Love these! Wow, what a great mix of colors! It reminds me of the last embers or coals of a bonfire.

Hmmm...guess I didn't do a very good job of only narrowing it down to a few lol

I have a whole bunch more I'd love to fawn over but my post is already too long as it is.

With so many stunning entries, I am on pins and needles to see whose designs will make that final cut.
Edited By MourningLily on 7/18/2014 at 8:02 PM.
Owl0430
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 23
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 6:34 PM Post #9
i seen many that i like but even though i want my sunflower luffox the original sunflower luffox i
believe to be choosen as one ~
my sunflower luffox ~

i do like a few other that people made such as~

Hawkeyes full moon nytekrie~

i believe its colors fit the idea of a full moon very well. the way it looks like its glowing when its not really gives it that glowing effect.

i also like Hundenelsker's lemonade zolnixi.~
the colors fit it very well and the flower and armor really give it that lemony looks/effect.

but that is just to name a couple i like ^.^

i do like leeeka's sunflower luffox a slight bit but i find its design a bit confusing and overly complicated. it dont go for overly complicated or simple designs.
i do hope we are allowed to say are true opinions.
Edited By Owl0430 on 7/16/2014 at 6:37 PM.
Junco
Level 75
High Warlord
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 6:53 PM Post #10
I can see why they didn't want to do the make-your-own-Themed thing for Winterfest. Picking just a few of these wonderful designs to become official must be incredibly stressful!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.