Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > 6/18/2014 - Vulnyx Re-Released!
Page 32 1, 2, 3... 30, 31, 32 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Ember2000
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 134
Posted: 7/4/2014 at 2:36 AM Post #311
I have to say, if your starter is Faeryn (sorry if I misspelled that), I find her quite beautiful. I think her colors are very evenly matched and that her eyes are the perfect shade. I know everyone has their own opinions, and I did not see your starter before the revamp, but she is still gorgeous.
Shadow
Level 60
Threads: 144
Posted: 7/4/2014 at 6:20 AM Post #312
Probably a week.

Bring. It. On.

And the summer festival, too, while you're at it! ;D lol
Edited By Shadow on 7/4/2014 at 6:20 AM.
Kirorokat1132
Level 39
Threads: 1
Posted: 7/4/2014 at 11:38 PM Post #313
Thank you! Yeah, Faeryn is my starter. I think she looks better than the rest of my Vulnyxes, but the new look of her markings disappoints me. Originally, the Flame (or whatever they're called) markings were actually flame-ish, and gave sleek, smokey accents to her body shape. Now it's just a bunch of grey spots. There are some other color changes, too. I guess I can get used to Faeryn, after a while. :( Thank you for your compliments on her, though, much appreciated!
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 7/5/2014 at 1:26 AM Post #314
The flame design in Gene 1 have been moved to flame runes in Gene 3.

Since your pet is a starter, you can send a pm to Krin to ask for a change... Just that I think you have something for her in Gene 3 as well... So they'll clash. =/
Kirorokat1132
Level 39
Threads: 1
Posted: 7/5/2014 at 1:37 AM Post #315
Thanks for the info. :) I'm probably not gonna bother with PMing about it, though. I would want to just completely remake her from scratch, so I'll just learn to accept it.
KimiArain
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 33
Posted: 7/30/2014 at 4:55 AM Post #316
I.. went away for too long ;-; The new Vulnyx looks amazing, but just feels.. too different. It doesn't really match the look of the rest of the pets in my opinion, plus I absolutely loved the old Vulnyx look. It's lovely art either way, I just know I'll be missing the old style.
Metalwolfgemstone
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 124
Posted: 7/31/2014 at 3:51 PM Post #317
I have mixed feelings about this actually. I mean I LOVE the new designs because they are more detailed and can look rather gorgeous. I just wished the females were a bit more slimmer since my first Vulnyx, Gemstone, was supposed to be a slimmer feline in my head. However I love how butch my boys look. The only HUGE issue I have is with one of my females, Calypso. I designed her because I loved how the markings looked on her.

This was her original design:

Now she looks very different:

I don't want to get rid of her, but is there a way I could possibly re-make her markings to something I'd prefer?

*EDIT: I've actually been gone for many months now because of work, so this is my first time back and I'm still getting used to the new stables and learn how they work as well.
Edited By Metalwolfgemstone on 7/31/2014 at 3:52 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/31/2014 at 4:06 PM Post #318
Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do to help you redesign her. But maybe you can use some Pet Dyes on her to adjust the colors to something that you like better?
Metalwolfgemstone
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 124
Posted: 7/31/2014 at 4:15 PM Post #319
I suppose that could work :) I can get used to her markings as they are now, I just wanted her to be a mainly white cat with brown markings. I should save up for some dyes then.
Uchihariku
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 156
Posted: 8/3/2014 at 2:26 PM Post #320
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=14913&page=2#20
Author: Rixiepakuna
Time Posted: 6/18/2014 at 1:35 PM
I wish I could put this some other way because I know work went into this and I acknowledge that I'm just some player, not an artist or an admin or something, but...
I hate it!

I loved the original vulnyx for their slender, stealthy cat look. Now they look like a cross between a pug and a bear. I want a new starter at least. Vulnyxes just went from my favorite to among my least favorite. Extremely disappointed

Edit: also this makes me really sad because I love cats and their graceful awesomeness, but now we don't have that...
And like 4/6 of my pets were Vulnyxes that I really loved but now I don't think I even want them anymore... Which hurts because I really liked their colors and patterns. Wish I could change them to a different breed or something with similar patterns.

Edit #2: a SUGGESTION
I agree that some other breeds could really use better art/ a little re-styling, but perhaps in the future it could be less extreme? This change was so huge and so drastic that this should really be an entirely new breed, not a revamp.
I feel this would make the changes much less traumatic.

I agree. This redesign should be its own breed, rather than a change up to the Vulnyx. I liked the slender, elegant look of the house cat. And it kinda messes with the one I paid for the gene for to make Perry a tonk. I feel like I wasted money on the gene now cause he looks so wrong with this new wild-cat version of the design and it really upsets me. To come back here after all this time, ready to put work into making the kittens as promised for my mom. But what am I gonna do when I show her them now? I already have one egg on the way. Shes gonna be upset seeing this... it won't look right.

I love the look, but I feel like it shouldn't be used for an update for the Vulnyx, and more should be its own. I would ADORE them if they were their own species, rather than a remodel. I just... I can't even... this is just so wrong. I really wish you guys would pull it back, put the other model back up, and then re-introduce this as a new species. If you'd do that, I'd love it. But...of course... I'm sure you won't... -rubs neck- Ah well... dunno what to do with this Perry Kitten Project now...
Edited By Uchihariku on 8/3/2014 at 2:27 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 30, 31, 32
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.