Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > need help Pricing pets for sale or breed
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Bsw
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 39
Posted: 6/5/2014 at 1:23 AM Post #1
Hi I'm not that new but I need some help figuring out how to price pets for breeding and/or sale, im not sure if this has been created before and if so my apologies, does anyone have any advice or help for me on how to price pets for breeding/selling please and thanks :)
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 6/5/2014 at 2:08 AM Post #2
I usually use the advanced search to find pets of similar genetic traits to mine, and either match the sale/breeding price, or price mine slightly cheaper.
Some people price their pets by a fixed standard. (eg. every carry=5g, every vis=10g). This may not work so well if that species is not very popular and there are a lot of multi-vis pets that are priced at 1g. =/

If the pet is more valuable (eg. multi-vis or themed), it might be better to create a thread in the respective forum to see other players' interests and how much they're willing to offer. =)
Shadow
Level 60
Threads: 144
Posted: 6/5/2014 at 3:53 AM Post #3
When I price babies, I price them based on what I'd be willing to pay for them myself. I breed mostly 2nd generation mystical pairs. 99% of the pairs I have are enhanced/mystical generated. I only sell those that actually show 2 genes/mutations and honestly, I tend to undersell because this game is still new and a lot of people don't have a couple million in gold...which is what I would charge if this game was a lot older with more established players.

As for 6 visible projects that a lot of people like to do, just because a pet is a 6 visible doesn't mean, to me anyway, that it's worth 200-300k and up just for that reason. If the colors are washed out and drab, I wouldn't give you 1 gold even if the pet is a 6 visible, no matter how much time someone spent in getting it. It just depends on the pet. For me, it's all about beauty, not how many genes and mutations it's showing. I'd pay a lot more for a stunning 2-3 visible than a washed out looking 6 visible.

Personally, I don't hold with the 5k-10k per gene thing. If you're a breeder of enhanced or mystical pets with colors that are dead on, or pets that are just flat out gorgeous, with amazing colors period, as far as I'm concerned your stock is worth a WHOLE lot more than that.

As for breeding fees, it just depends. I have some mystical generated boys that I have out for the public for 1 gold because I wanted to give the public a shot at breeding with males with gorgeous color schemes and new genes/mutations that they could breed into their own stock. . I also have a couple of second generation 4 visibles out for breeding for 50k. *shrug* If I'm looking for a boy to breed with, I'm looking at his beauty and his colors first, compatible genes/mutations second. Without the first, the latter doesn't really matter to me because I'm going to pass anyway.
Edited By Shadow on 6/5/2014 at 4:04 AM.
ShadowedChaos
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 88
Posted: 6/5/2014 at 12:49 PM Post #4
Everyone prices differently here.
I personally go 5k base for non fabled pets, with 1k added for every visible trait and 500g added for every carry.
Fabled I do a base of 20k with 10k for every visible trait and 5k for every carry(Fabled are not meant to be cheap)
Tagged non fabled pets I start at 10k and go from there
For projects I take my complete price, divide by 2, then add that number to the total
It might seem expensive, but I've sold quite a few pets at these prices
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 6/5/2014 at 2:25 PM Post #5
This thread has been moved to: Breeding Discussion.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.