Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Pet Marketplace > Pricing help please, on two gorgeous Fa...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Shadow
Level 60
Threads: 144
Posted: 2/24/2013 at 6:53 AM Post #1
Hi everyone, I have two Faelora babies now, both girls. The one girl, this one, is only meant to have the one marking, and to me, she's just the perfect pale gold and black.

I'm not sure what a fair price would be. Also, I have another girl that I did a genetics test on and it's showing she has 3 markings...does that mean she'll actually show them as an adult? I'll get her pic up in a sec.

Her link:

http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=32809

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated! I'm just looking for prices that will be fair to me and the buyer.
Edited By 1779 on 2/24/2013 at 6:55 AM.
Blackswan99
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 13
Posted: 2/24/2013 at 7:05 AM Post #2
@Shadow

I am interested in the first Faelora. But I'm not really sure what price to offer for her. Is something around 1,000g ok with you?
Shadow
Level 60
Posted: 2/24/2013 at 8:03 AM Post #3
Thanks so much for your interest, Blackswan, I appreciate it, but, I'm sorry, that girl has already been sold. I had her up for 5k, so I assume that's a fair price. I hope so, anyway. XD
Alenaria
Level 58
Threads: 18
Posted: 2/24/2013 at 8:24 AM Post #4
Drat. I was about to offer on the pretty gold one, too. :/ Oh well.

The second Faelora carries those markings/mutations. She won't show them, but her children will have a chance of showing at least one of those traits. (Mutations don't show up 'til adulthood, though, so testing is still the best plan.)
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 2/24/2013 at 8:53 AM Post #5
Omg, I would've loved to have stumbled upon that first faelora baby. xD I should subscribe to your baby list. ;u;

Anyways, because the 2nd girl has 3 carried traits, I wouldn't really see it as valuable unless there's a matching boy with the same traits to make a good pair (at least 2 carried). The colors are nice, though I would price her at half what the first one went.

And by the by, I would've overbought that first one for 10k now that you said her price was 5k. xD I'm really gonna go and check on that breeding thread now, you're having great results. ouo
Shadow
Level 60
Posted: 2/24/2013 at 12:10 PM Post #6
The second Faelora carries those markings/mutations. She won't show them, but her children will have a chance of showing at least one of those traits.

Thanks so much for the help you guys! I feel so stupid, but I have to ask...how can I tell the difference if markings are carried, or whether they'll actually show as an adult? I mean, looking at that girl I can't tell anything. What am I looking for? Sad, isn't it? lol

And I just bred that golden pair again, so hopefully the baby will look like it's sister. If so, it'll be sold for 5k since it's sibling was. I'm not trying to get expensive on anyone, just fair.

And thanks for the compliment, Flute. <3 I'm glad you like my stock so far...there will be lots more to come. All of my pairs will have about 15-20 babies, then they'll be released(Unless I really love them, then they'll be 'retired' ) to make room for new pairs.
Edited By 1779 on 2/24/2013 at 12:16 PM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 2/24/2013 at 12:18 PM Post #7
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 4/24/2024 at 6:54:53pm
And I just bred that golden pair again, so hopefully the baby will look like it's sister. If so, it'll be sold for 5k since it's sibling was. I'm not trying to get expensive on anyone, just fair.

And thanks for the compliment, Flute. <3 I'm glad you like my stock so far...there will be lots more to come. All of my pairs will have about 15-20 babies, then they'll be released(Unless I really love them, then they'll be 'retired' ) to make room for new pairs.

Oh man, I wanna buy the baby~ O:

And if you ever think about retiring/releasing the parents, please sell them instead as sets or something, there would be many who'd love to adopt your projects. o:
Shadow
Level 60
Posted: 2/24/2013 at 12:28 PM Post #8
And if you ever think about retiring/releasing the parents, please sell them instead as sets or something, there would be many who'd love to adopt your projects. o:

Well, the reason for retiring or releasing some of the parents is to keep the 'value' of the offspring. Or maybe that's the wrong way of looking at it. I mean, how do you guys feel about a pairs' number of offspring? Are offspring more 'valuable' if there aren't a great number of them, and they're more 'rare', or does that even matter? On some games I play, if a pair has more than say 10 offspring, that's already considered too many by some. Other's consider 20 offspring good, and other's don't care if there are 1000 of them running around. lol I'm not sure about the views of the user base on that issue... I'll go with the flow, and do whatever people like around here.

TeacupBetta
Level 56
Threads: 21
Posted: 2/24/2013 at 12:39 PM Post #9
Can I make an offer on the second baby girl? I was thinking 3k is sufficient...
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 2/24/2013 at 12:43 PM Post #10
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 4/24/2024 at 6:54:53pm

Well, the reason for retiring or releasing some of the parents is to keep the 'value' of the offspring. Or maybe that's the wrong way of looking at it. I mean, how do you guys feel about a pairs' number of offspring? Are offspring more 'valuable' if there aren't a great number of them, and they're more 'rare', or does that even matter? On some games I play, if a pair has more than say 10 offspring, that's already considered too many by some. Other's consider 20 offspring good, and other's don't care if there are 1000 of them running around. lol I'm not sure about the views of the user base on that issue... I'll go with the flow, and do whatever people like around here.

Sylestia's really young, so there are still going to be new genes/mutations/species coming later, which means more combinations of colors and genes and such. It would take a long time to generate 20 offspring, and by the time you get there, there's probably going to be many more different pets both caught and generated alongside your own.

As the player size gets bigger, people won't really see many pets to think they're common or rare in value (after all with the way the pets' color generators work, there's literally millions of combos that can happen, with a portion of them actually looking nice because people handpicked the colors). Some like the look, some breed, and some actually use them. I personally think it's kind of cruel to let an enhanced pet go free for the sake of the babies' values, because the babies will all be grown up and even then they're one of the thousands and millions that the site will later have (and at the rate of pets that are being captured/generated, it's not like your offspring will be considered "too many").

Personally, I don't see the pets as a premiere investment that is worth releasing the parents for. I don't think Sylestia atm would hold those pets in that value the same way event pets were given out (those were equal opportunity for all players, while user-generated pets are way more unique). As for the "user base", we really have too few. xD Best bet is to keep doing what you're doing and ask that same question 6 months from now.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.