Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > I Don't Understand...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Eeveedream
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 92
Posted: 2/3/2014 at 3:39 PM Post #1
Event pets with less than 4 GP seem like kind of a waste to me. I don't understand why people would pay so much for them when you could make a lookalike for less. :/

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Could someone tell me what is the difference between an event pet with less than 4 GP and a generated one that has 4GP and why they would willingly pay so much for said event pet?
Sheechwan
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 150
Posted: 2/3/2014 at 3:45 PM Post #2
Simply because they're "Event" pets~ :3
A generated pet with the "same color", will NEVER be valued as much as if it was an "Event" one~ :o

That's how I see it when I look around~ :3
People will can proudly say :
Look I have these hm... let's say : Reindeer Qitari!
If it was to be generated one, they wouldn't have the same value~ o3o

Best example, my own Generated Reindeer-looking Qitari~ XD
I made them before I thought people would complain they're not "real Reindeer".
No one that want "Reindeer" would have breed with them and would probably have quited my Stables before seeing my REAL Reindeer are in the 2nd one~ :O
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 2/5/2014 at 3:42 PM Post #3
Let's go to a concert to one of your favorite bands/singers. We'd pay $1000 or something to go backstage and party with the singer personally, or get their autograph, or something, which is worth way more when selling it.

If you don't care about authenticity, you can just google a regular signature of said singer, and print that out for free.
--
Event pets have the special label on them, and sometimes authenticity means a lot to people. (i.e. autographs). Also, in order to breed visible pets, you'll need a number of pets to get that started, like say a couple of 1carry (and mutatable) pets to make 1vis (or more) babies that bear the same colors plus the fact that they're purebred.

Generated pets can be made by anyone, anytime, for any pet. Not only that, essences can be few and far between (especially enhanced ones), so in comparison, event pets (or wild pets in general) are more accessible (not to mention you can add GP to captured pets with mutators, which is a great bonus when you find 2vis+ in the wild).

Like what Shee was saying, personal value plays into it. Some people like holiday stuff for reasons like aesthetics or authenticity. Others believe they're more creative and would rather see their own designs become real.
The only reason why event pets would cost "so much", more than an essence, would be because of rarity and status (i.e. fabled).

I personally think both have their pros and cons.
Eeveedream
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 92
Posted: 2/5/2014 at 8:31 PM Post #4
Thanks for explaining so well, you guys! I understand now, but I still wouldn't pay hundreds of thousands for an event pet/purebred with less than 4 GP. XD They just don't have that same feel to me as they do for other people. :)

Once again, thanks a lot for the explanation! :D
Sheechwan
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 150
Posted: 2/5/2014 at 8:44 PM Post #5
I understand you~ :3
To some people, an "Event" pet is more worthy and precious in their eyes~ :3

But when they have little to no genes, it can become unlessf or breeding... o.o"
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 2/6/2014 at 1:37 AM Post #6
Ehh, sometimes it has its inflation values.

People might pay a lot for a successful multivis offspring of fabled themed pets, which is why they're bred so much. People pay for the breeders (the ones with 4GP or less, which contribute towards getting 8GP or more per say) so they can sell the future babies.

I used to think that way -- "why the heck should I breed things? wastes stable space and they look plain" -- but then I realized that while I sat on my butt doing nothing on Sylestia, people were breeding the heck out of their pets (take for example puffadores), going from 2gp to 4gp to 6gp to 12gp, then selling those. I had time to breed them, plus it's kinda fun striving for something, so I worked at it.

(Also, if you've noticed, some breeding projects start off with 4 carries (4gp) and look very plain. Plain-bearing or plain-looking pets are inevitable in breeding anyways lol)

For me, breeding's like a game -- how many vis can you put on a pet?
Or how long will it take to bring your dream pet to reality?

(Which in its own strata affects the pet market; it devalues a lot of stuff to breed aggressively lol)

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.