Forum Index > Mission and Quest Discussion > Garden of magnates
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Misssailorsenshi
Level 65
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 3
Posted: 4/7/2024 at 8:46 AM Post #1
Hi there, don't want to be a bother, but I'm stuck on quest where you have to handle an ambush of undead and there's those 3 arch mages in the end (I guess) which i cant defeat. Have 2 fire and an attack pet. All equipped as good as I could find at brokers. All 3 are lvl 40+ anyways getting killed by those 3...
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 4/7/2024 at 6:28 PM Post #2
would have gotten to this sooner but unfortunately initially saw it at like. nearly 1am when I was about to go to bed

Okay so Fire element is good for clearing non-plot wave mobs because those are a rabble of enemies without proper structure
With the PLOT wave mobs*, the better strategy is, in fact... to not have a fire pet with you. The easier strategy for dealing with plot wave mobs, where it starts throwing stronger and stronger enemies at you as you clear it out, is single-slot targeting.
Pick one enemy slot at the start of the fight, and attack that one single slot, ignoring the others.
Doing this means that you bottleneck the strong enemies into that one slot, coming one-at-a-time, meaning you don't get overwhelmed. The two other slots' enemies remain the very weak ones from the start of the mob and can't really pose much of a threat.

Also, "two fire and an attack pet" is slightly odd phrasing, since Fire is one of the two Attacker elements, alongside Air. I will take it you mean an Air pet there. A team of two fires and an air would definitely struggle since the only healing you'd have would be Mend**. Probably the most common team setup generally is a tank (earth, water, shadow, light), healer / buffer (light / water***), and an attacker (fire, air) (though not the only setup. We did the earlygame with water/fire/air though that was back before the Proficiency Overhaul so it'd probably be a pretty different experience with that setup now)

(*unless you've got some combo of pets decently overleveled compared to what the plot progression expects, high stat pets, very very good equipment)
(** not to say there's no place in sylestia for triple attacker teams, but those are typically high-stat pets and used almost slolely for festival battle boards)
(*** though water can't really do buffer at all until lv30 when it gets ice barrier, and doesn't really get good in the role until it's like, lv70+)
Edited By Scathreoite on 4/7/2024 at 6:32 PM.
Misssailorsenshi
Level 65
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 4/8/2024 at 12:30 AM Post #3
Well, that makes sense. Plenty years ago I was playing world of warcraft as a damage dealing hunter, so I guess my mind is still stuck on it, and I didn't realize that now I am all full partie of tank, dd and healer/buffer.
Anyways, I'm still too short on lvl, to fully uncover potential of my team. Probably that's where the struggle came from...
Thank you so much for your tips. If anything comes on mind regarding battles or how to make a pet(I wanted my Luna to be in magnificent colors and stuff but she came out white instead :'( ) please drop me a DM.
Hope I have found a new friend.
Best regards from United Kingdom
Miss Sailor Senshi.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 4/8/2024 at 1:43 AM Post #4
with your starter pet, is seems you've done colours in her trait slots, but all her traits are carried, so they're not visible, and her base body colours are all white. If you intended to give her non-white main body colours, or wanted visible traits (starter pets can be 2 vis, or 1 vis/2 carry, or 4 carry (which is what she is)) Krin may be willing to alter her if you contact him?

Garden of the Magnates is the lv35 area, so you should be fine for a while given that your team's 50+.
You seem to have the earth-element Ursa on your party and she has no equipment on her, which will make it harder (earth = Assassin gear on sub-lv60 pets)
Since I had some lv50 legendary gear around from opening mission satchels, I tossed them over
Edited By Scathreoite on 4/8/2024 at 1:44 AM.
Misssailorsenshi
Level 65
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 4/8/2024 at 2:14 AM Post #5
Really appreciate that, thank you (^_^)
I've tried to drag Ursa since she was 19lvl just to help with leveling to have tank in partie since I realized I made a mistake somewhere.
And I will certainly contact Krin regarding your advice.
Thank you for your help.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.