Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Restricted Trait Disruptors
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Jenrette
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 54
Posted: 3/22/2024 at 11:37 PM Post #1
I feel a bit silly, but I've read the restricted trait disruptor several times and still don't understand.

Let's say I wanted to garuntee a trait in a spot. Do I need to have a visible trait in that spot, and the rest hidden? Does it NEED a visible trait? It says a valid spot is also somewhere that there's nothing...

Sorry, I feel pretty dumb lol, but I'm just so confused by this. I want to add restricted traits onto a theme, but I have no clue how the restricted trait disruptors work. ^^;;

(also, while we're here, is there any way aside from the diamond shop to get restricted trait disruptors? like ryori ones, etc?)
Edited By Jenrette on 3/22/2024 at 11:37 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 3/23/2024 at 1:18 AM Post #2
guide to res traits and maj themes (post 4 covers RTD rules)

Disruptors take the 2 TP from a visible trait slot that does not contain res. trait genetics already and adds a res trait from that disruptor's set, so long as the pet does not already have the genetics of a trait from that set.
It can take the TP from any Visible slot that has no res genetics, and can put the trait in any slot that does not contain either a Carried trait or another Res trait. (if it randomly selects a trait slot that already has a vis trait, it will take the tp from that slot, if it picks an empty slot it will take the tp from a different slot)

So let's make up a random pet for an example...

G1: NN
G2: BF* (res. hidden Lunar spots)
G3: SS* (res. vis Grove warden)
M1: MM* (res. vis Spring arcanist)
M2: EE
M3: NN

If you tried to use a Lunar disruptor on this pet, it would: Fail
> pet already has Lunar trait genetics

If you tried to use a Spring Blossom disruptor, it would: Succeed
> it would remove the M2 and add the new trait in M3 (M2 is the only visible trait slot that does not have any Res trait genetics.
> Spring blossom disruptor only has one trait outcome, and will always be M3

if you tried to use a Wind serpent disruptor it would: succeed
> pet would lose M2 and could gain any one of G1, M2, or M3 wind serpent trait
or or

If this aeridini had, say, G1 NA, then that slot would be ineligible for replacement, as carried traits cannot be used or replaced by RTDs

Because of this, people often make use of carried traits in projects to force which slot an RTD will add a trait to, to ensure it to give them the trait they're after.
eg, aeridini where the player wants G2 Lunar Spots, they'd use the rtd on a pet that had carries in M1, M2, and M3 so that the Lunar Disruptor's only option would be the G2

(Trait scrolls do function somewhat differently, there's a post on them also in the guide)

on Disruptors, generally just the diamond shop, but I beleive fest-relevant RTDs can be a prize from Beach Seeking in Summer fest, Haunted House in Fall fest, and winter wonderland in winter
buying from other players, also, obviously
sometimes from like, advent calendar there's a Random RTD from one of the days
Edited By Scathreoite on 3/23/2024 at 1:25 AM.
Jenrette
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 54
Posted: 3/23/2024 at 9:27 AM Post #3
Thank you, Scath!! I was pretty close to understanding then, which is good to know. ^^

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.