Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2024 Spring Festival - Pet Trait Design
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/15/2024 at 3:17 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding a Pet Trait Design contest for the 2024 Spring Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Contest Rules

1. Design a Pet Gene or Mutation for only the following species: Aeridini, Aurleon, Draeyl, Faelora, Ferrikki, Kelpari, Luffox, Lunemara, Lupora, Morkko, Nephini, Ny'vene, Nytekrie, Puffadore, Qitari, Sylvorpa, Vulnyx, Zolnixi. After you are done designing your Trait, come back to this thread and post the image in this thread. To get a blank pet image, just go to the Generator and take the image from there. You can resize the image to the maximum size via the image URL; the maximum size is 500.

2. You must draw your new Trait on the Pet. If you feel that your drawing skills aren't great, then you can include a description in addition to your drawing in order to help us better envision your Trait. If you are unable to draw something, then we are sorry, but there will be no exceptions. Your submission must look like it required some amount of effort to create. For example, drawing 3 straight lines on a canvas and saying that they're "new wings" will not count towards participation.

3. You are allowed to be free with your creative process, so it is not necessary to make it specifically themed to this Festival. Although, we certainly encourage you to draw Traits themed to this Festival if you wish to do so.

4. Please do not copy/paste previous submissions. Please try and come up with new ideas or at least alter your previous non-chosen designs.

5. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post, we will delete your post.

6. Please do not Ping me with your submission. Please only Ping me if you have a question.

7. Before submitting your entry, please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has already done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do, then we highly suggest that you pick something different. If you feel that someone has "copied" your design, please do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread. We will intervene ourselves if we see something that's suspicious.

8. You may only submit ONE official entry for each species on the list. If you wish to submit more, then you can send me a PM with drawings of your Trait ideas. However, all PM'd entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes. To clarify, an entry can encompass multiple Trait Slots. As an example, say that your entry is a Butterfly set for a certain species. Your entry can include Butterfly Wings, Butterfly Antennae, Butterfly Armor, etc. Species are all different with their Trait Slots, so we're looking more at design ideas and not strictly Trait Slot submissions.

9. IMPORTANT: By participating in this contest and submitting your designs to us, you agree that we, Sylestia Games LLC, will retain full rights to your submission to use as we see fit for the purposes of Sylestia.com and Sylestia Games LLC. You will not receive any royalties or reimbursement from us if we decide to use your designs, or otherwise. Any designs that we pick will be recreated from scratch by our art team; we will only be using your submission as a reference for said artwork. We reserve the right to alter your design in any way that we see fit and are not obligated to adhere to any specific depictions or descriptions that are provided.

10. DO NOT comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry, then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries. If we see anyone doing this in the thread, then whoever is fighting will be disqualified and potentially receive a Forum Strike.

11. The end date is March 31st at 11:59 PM server. After that, there is no guarantee that we will see your entry and the thread will be locked once designs are picked.

Important Copyright Infringement Notice

We are very aware that it's typical to use Google and/or other providers to search for ideas when designing artwork. However, it is extremely important that all of your submissions are created entirely by you and are not copied from another's work. If you are using other artwork as a reference, please ensure that your submission is changed sufficiently to be clear and obvious that it is indeed your work. This is extremely important, not just for ethical reasons, but also for legal reasons when we are implementing something onto our site. Thank you!

Contest Prizes

The following are scheduled to be the prizes for this contest. Please note, these are subject to change. However, we would not do so without a good reason to change them.

Winners
(Players who have their designs picked)
Prizes: [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Spring Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Visible if Majestic) x1, Mystical Essence of Choice x2

All Participants
(With valid entries)
Prizes: [Fabled Seed Pouch] x1, [Mystery Seed Pouch] x2, [Premium Fertilizer] x3, [Box of Gardening Supplies] x1, [Large Basket of Enrichments] x10, [Legendary Avatar Item (Spring - Retired)] x1, [Decorated Egg] x1,000
UntitledPrince
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 149
Posted: 3/15/2024 at 4:16 PM Post #2
Edit: Lol whoops, I thought this was the theme design contest XD
Edited By UntitledPrince on 3/15/2024 at 4:17 PM.
Dracaena
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 57
Posted: 3/15/2024 at 5:34 PM Post #3
Flame Runes

Hearts/Floating Hearts

Sparkle Runes

Mountain Horns/Mountain Blanket

Edit: wasn't going to post this because it turned out weird but why not lol.
Nature Guardian
gallery
Edited By EvilNapkin on 3/29/2024 at 8:05 PM.
Agilupa
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 23
Posted: 3/15/2024 at 7:42 PM Post #4
Good thing I've had this on the backburner since before the revamp then. I've edited it around a bit.

Presenting the Cloudjumper Faelora traits! (yes, Agi with the faes again, I know, I know, but hear me out)

So there would be only one gene, that being G2. I was playing with making it look bubbly and light in some way, and a little like rain/ some kind of weather. I hope I have conveyed that well! I call it Cloudjumper's Cirrus (like the cloud type) in my head, but it could definitely be called something else.

Next is the Mutations. M1 would be Cloudjumper's wings! I tried to make them look fluffy and feathery, since we don't really have feathered wings for the faelora yet. M2 is Cloudjumper's Skytrail, since it is intended to look like the fae are walking on clouds! Finally, the M3 is the clouds and orb affecting the head. I'm not really sure what to call this; I don't know if it should be Cloudjumper's Headress, Antlers, or Clime (as in Climate/ weather conditions, since it's the fae's own personal sky). I think it looks really cool, and the orb would match the color of the eyes. I tried to add a glowy effect to the antlers where light from the orb would hit it. I think it would also look really cool in something like red (like a blood moon), blue, teal, purple, or green, aside from the gold I have here. I'm still finishing up a female fae version to show the M3 on the girl.

Update with the girl so we can see the gender differences! The wings would remain relatively the same.
Edited By Agilupa on 4/1/2024 at 9:35 AM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 3/15/2024 at 9:54 PM Post #5
Aeridini- Poplar Kitten Markings, Catkin Tail
based off of the Poplar Kitten Moth and its caterpillar, and catkins of the Poplar (their main host plant)

Aurleon- Horus

Draeyl- Ball Python(/ Super Asphalt)
Super Asphalt is a ball python morph

Faelora- Elegant Runes

Ferrikki- Paca

Kelpari- (Granny) Cloak Moth Marks/Runes

Luffox- Druidic Flow Runes

Lunemara- Owl Feathers, Owl Eyes, Feather Antennae

Lupora- Rolling Storm/ Clouds

Morkko- Blooming Headpiece, Blooming Silks, Branching Runes (/Root Runes)

Nephini- Banded Moth
(based on Casbia fasciata, no common name)

Ny'vene- Wisp markings, Floating Wisps

Nytekrie- Petal runes, Flower Decals

Puffadore- Galaxy Spiral/ Galaxy Runes

Qitari- (Eastern) Spinebill

Sylvorpa- Cosmic Runes

Vulnyx- Heart Marks, Heart Runes

Zolnixi- Pollen Runes

Edited By Scathreoite on 3/24/2024 at 4:37 AM.
Meowth27
Level 66
Threads: 102
Posted: 3/16/2024 at 5:13 AM Post #6
Aeridini lucky clover tail

Aurleon Butterfly wings

Draeyl Chibi Bat Wings

Faelora Snake Vines

Ferrikki Eyeball

Kelpari Cherry Blossom fins

Luffox Star Jewelry

Lunemara Bubble wings

Lupora Liberty Spikes

Morkko Bee Wings

Nephini Face Tentacles

ny'vene Golden Coins

Nytekrie Big Chibi Wings

Puffadore Medusa Crown

Qitari Liberty Spikes

Sylvorpa Long nosed Hawk fish

Vulnyx Cheshire Cat

Zolnixi Striped Hyena
Edited By Meowth27 on 3/20/2024 at 11:50 PM.
Pixielox
Level 75
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 9
Posted: 3/16/2024 at 9:04 AM Post #7
I know this would probably be an unreasonable amount of extra work, but just recently I had the thought of how neat it would be to have extra legs on the Qitari (definitely inspired by Sleipnir) similar to the Quad Arms on Ny'vene.

Edit:
For some reason it doesn't look like the image is showing up properly... but here's the link for the image, if that works too.
https://imgur.com/a/m6T7vNo

(Please let me know if this works or not)

Edit 2: Okay, I think I've got it now :) Thanks to the person who helped me.
Edited By Pixielox on 3/17/2024 at 8:05 AM.
Unidentified
Level 69
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 0
Posted: 3/16/2024 at 10:18 AM Post #8
Aeridini- Spring Blossom Set (Mutations)- M3: Spring Blossom Headdresses. M2: Spring Flower. M1: Spring Blossom Tail - Wrap

AurleonValentines set-M1: Valentines Rose Wrap. M2: Heart Fur. M3: Valentines Rose Mask

Draeyl Seasonal Guardian set- G2: Guardian Runes. M1:Guardian's Angelic Wings. M2:Guardian's Lion Mane. M3:Guardian's Mask

Faelora-Cherrywood set. M1-Cherrywood Wrap. M2-Cherrywood Fur-tail. M3-Cherrywood Tree Headdress

Ferrikki-Spring Herbs set- G3: Herbs. M2: Spring Herbs Shawl. M3: Spring Herbs Headdress

Kelpari - Vibrant Daisy field

Luffox - Peach Blossom Butterfly

Lunemara - Apricot Blossom Moth
Firstly, the Lunemara's traits are similar to the Luffox traits design as it has its Gene 3 named Blossom, which was like Flower Runes on Lunemara's wings ( that exactly on its flower - a wings trait). This also looks familiar to Floral (Lunemara's trait) but with flowers on it instead of the "twisted image" of the original trait. Secondly, the design has 2 mutations: The M1 is Apricot Branch Antennea-looks like the Branch Antennae but the flowers are bigger. The M2 is Apricot Flower Wrapping-a combination between Floral Garland and Tree Dryad Armor, as the same as Peach Blossom Flower Wrap of Luffox design traits.
Edited By Unidentified on 3/31/2024 at 3:07 AM.
Drachi
Level 75
Cutely Creative
Threads: 66
Posted: 3/16/2024 at 3:13 PM Post #9
Seashell Wrap and Seashell Harness

Honey markings, mushroom cap, toadstools

Gila Monster

Hercules Crown, Hercules wings, Hercules Armor
Edited By Drachi on 3/29/2024 at 12:06 AM.
Finnula
Level 52
Lady Luck
Threads: 0
Posted: 3/16/2024 at 3:37 PM Post #10
I designed 3 traits based on the theme of the sky and it's weather.

M1 : Smoke Tail -> I didn't know how to paint it correctly but I wanted to represent the tail as a cloud of steam/smoke rising towards the sky in the same style as the spirits wings
M2 : Rainbow Crown
M3 : Cloud wings

Edited By Finnula on 3/18/2024 at 12:00 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.