Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/24/2023 at 3:49 AM Post #1
Hello! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving (or Thursday) yesterday and is having a great little holiday break (or normal Friday/weekend)! =P

We are now officially a few days post migration. Over the past few days, I have fixed dozens of fatal errors in our code that were causing things to break. This is happening, not because of the new server, but because I opted to take this opportunity to finally upgrade us from PHP 7 to PHP 8, as our version of PHP 7 was deprecrated and no longer supported.

However, there are two fatal errors that I am struggling to hunt down and I haven't heard anyone report anything about them yet - so I wanted to reach out and ask everyone to keep an eye out for them. If they encounter them, please post here with the specific steps that you took to trigger the page-breaking error.

One of the errors is related to using Mass Move in Stables. So, if you are one of the people trying to use Mass Move and the page breaks after you use it, please let me know with exactly what you did and how you did it. This will hopefully allow me to reproduce the error which will then greatly help me in figuring out the culprit and permanently fixing it.

The other error is related to pet images. So if you encounter a broken pet image, please post here in this thread so that I can investigate.

Thank you guys so much.
Shadowized
Level 75
Leaf Bender
Threads: 98
Posted: 11/24/2023 at 5:35 AM Post #2
Yesterday when I was mass moving I got an error message several times that simply stated something went wrong and I had to refresh the page. There wasn't any specific details given and I just figured that I was moving too fast or something. Wish I could be more helpful.
Glarariasky
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 13
Posted: 11/24/2023 at 6:49 AM Post #3
Im pretty sure this isnt a major bug but I was doing the missions going to pick up my pet and it said

There was an Error!

This is not your pet.

And of course it was my pet
I refreshed A few times and it finally worked/
Edited By Glarariasky on 11/24/2023 at 6:51 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/24/2023 at 6:57 AM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=107511&page=1#3
Author: Glarariasky
Time Posted: 11/24/2023 at 6:49 AM
Im pretty sure this isnt a major bug but I was doing the missions going to pick up my pet and it said

There was an Error!

This is not your pet.

And of course it was my pet
I refreshed A few times and it finally worked/

This error has been around for a long time. I think this happens if you like double click/submit the request. It's just bad error checking login on the backend for the missions page. Fortunately though, not a code breaking bug.

Thank you though for the heads up. =)
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Threads: 127
Posted: 11/24/2023 at 9:11 AM Post #5
I wasn't sure if you wanted a ping, but I did it anyway.

Mine is related to pet images. I was working on a sylesti raffle in my thread, as I like to make mmy own little seasonal festivales in the forums, but when I changed the images from the egglings to hatchlings the page sort of broke. What I did was Edit the post, change the images to hatchlings, and then pressed post. It also might be worth noting that they were images with urls attatched, and not all of them are in the post. Here is the link for the post and I have a short video on youtube of what it looks like for me, in case it looks different for other people. Here is the link to the video.

Edit: I put the wrong video link
Edited By Ladybugjr on 11/24/2023 at 9:13 AM.
Vully
Level 75
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 23
Posted: 11/24/2023 at 11:12 AM Post #6
I had a mass move problem
I was using it to move some of my pets from one tab to another in my first stable and my phone popped up with an error message when I hit the mass move button
I then clicked the mass move button again and it caused the page to freeze so I reloaded it
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/24/2023 at 3:37 PM Post #7
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=107511&page=1#5
Author: Ladybugjr
Time Posted: 11/24/2023 at 9:11 AM
I wasn't sure if you wanted a ping, but I did it anyway.

Mine is related to pet images. I was working on a sylesti raffle in my thread, as I like to make mmy own little seasonal festivales in the forums, but when I changed the images from the egglings to hatchlings the page sort of broke. What I did was Edit the post, change the images to hatchlings, and then pressed post. It also might be worth noting that they were images with urls attatched, and not all of them are in the post. Here is the link for the post and I have a short video on youtube of what it looks like for me, in case it looks different for other people. Here is the link to the video.

Edit: I put the wrong video link

Thank you for the notice. Your post was definitely struggling a bit lol. You were using [ img=] tags as [ img] and that was breaking everything lol.

Unfortunately, this was not the source of the bug I'm hunting for. But I fixed your post for you.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/24/2023 at 3:38 PM Post #8
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=107511&page=1#6
Author: Vully
Time Posted: 11/24/2023 at 11:12 AM
I had a mass move problem
I was using it to move some of my pets from one tab to another in my first stable and my phone popped up with an error message when I hit the mass move button
I then clicked the mass move button again and it caused the page to freeze so I reloaded it

Was this an issue you are able to reproduce by doing the same action repeatedly? Like moving a specific pet to a specific location and it breaks every single time?
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 11/24/2023 at 4:04 PM Post #9
I will test the mass move at home, see if I can't narrow down what is triggering it
Vully
Level 75
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 23
Posted: 11/24/2023 at 4:22 PM Post #10
checked just now and yes
It occurs when I try to move some pets from multiple tabs including the destination tab when there is not enough space
I repeated it in multiple stables and It happens the same regardless of pets or location
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.