Forum Index > Mission and Quest Discussion > Lost Grove
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Floridavulture
Level 63
The Perfectionist
Threads: 28
Posted: 9/22/2023 at 1:25 AM Post #1
I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. Battle and get supplies for the guy to the side of the map or something? I can't find anything but battles and the spawn rate is a bit high... I keep dying almost immediately and I CANNOT progress. My zone progression is as follows:

Zone Progression
*Updates Every 5 Minutes*
The Untamed Forest (Stage 1)
[ ] Give Materials to Rylak (0%)
Materials List
Ancient Timber [x 0] (0%)
Enchanted Cloth [x 0] (0%)
Reclaimed Supplies [x 0] (0%)
Spritely Branch [x 0] (5%)
Tempered Steel [x 0] (0%)

I cannot get past the Lost Grove. Is this optional or mandatory? I just don't understand exactly what I'm supposed to do to get those items for the dude. I literally searched every corner of the map and all there seems to be is battles but I never pick up the mission items. Very frustrating and I feel like I'll never get past this point in the game. The rest of it until now was an absolute struggle and I can barely get gold, progress any missions, do dungeons, nothing basically. My pets are level 61 and all have the appropriate battle items, too.

If there is a point to the Lost Grove other than untold suffering and not being able to progress past it, please help me out so I can just go do other stuff. I really dislike the Lost Grove so far. The spawn rate is murderous and I just can't find anything inside of it besides battles anyway...
Draculina
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Threads: 4
Posted: 9/22/2023 at 1:36 AM Post #2
Hi, I think this guide may help you:
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57484
The guide is an in-depth explanation of most of the stages in the LG. It's not completely up to date, but it will have the information you need for someone who's just started in the LG.

The LG isn't technically mandatory but is the current end game until the site is out of Beta. But playing through the LG gives you access to Themed Pets exclusive to it, and the ability to rank your pet's abilities (Which makes them a lot stronger in battle).

Also, I went ahead and sent you some better gear for your party pets. Having good gear(Typically above epic and above), that matches your pet's level and elements, will make battling easier.

Each Pet + Which Gear they should have on them:

Author of Starlight - Lightbringer's Vinethorn
Author is a Light pet, so Light gear.

Salinger - Archon's Relic + Pyromancer's Vinethorn
Salinger is a Fire Pet, so Fire gear.

Stormy Daze - Tidal Lord's Vinethorn
Stormy is a Water pet, so Water gear.

-

LG Gear Matches the Following:

Pyromancer - Fire

Lightbringer - Light

Tidal Lord - Water

Storm Caller - Air

Reaver - Shadow

Warden - Earth
Edited By Draculina on 9/22/2023 at 1:42 AM.
Floridavulture
Level 63
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/22/2023 at 1:41 AM Post #3
So it's not mandatory to continue the main story? How the heck did I even get here??? I went to the Etheria Castle and the King said to go there, or something. Now I don't really know what I'm supposed to do to get past it, just keep playing every day and hope to get all the items I need? Or is this just the final zone of the game entirely? I hear people talking about the themed and exclusive pets in the Lost Grove a LOT. Are the pets really worth the trouble of the Lost Grove when you can still get themed pets from seasonal events and from breeding or buying them?

I just don't even know how I ended up in the Lost Grove, I truly thought I had a ton more story to go to get there, the way everybody talks about it like it's the best place in the entire game... I am not finding enjoyment in it and I find a lot more enjoyment literally anywhere else in the game, I think.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm pondering the point of the Lost Grove, and I think it must just be for cool pets then. If that's the case, how do I get back to the main story missions... If there's any left. If not, I'll stick to quests and sending my pets on missions. The Lost Grove seems to be for incredibly experienced players who know what they're doing... I am not, lol
Floridavulture
Level 63
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/22/2023 at 1:43 AM Post #4
I can give you some gold or some pets for all the trouble... I appreciate the trade so, so much, I cannot seem to get past points in the game for weeks at a time, sometimes. It's frustrating, mostly because I am stuck on IPad and this game seems to thrive on PC or mobile like a phone, not a tablet.

I would love to be able to offer something very valuable in return, but I literally have nothing but the clothes on my back and the pets in my stable, haha.

This game is fun, a lot of fun, don't get me wrong. Lost Grove is just tough and seems to be for very experienced Sylestia players.
Draculina
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Posted: 9/22/2023 at 2:03 AM Post #5
Concerning the LG Themes + Pets:
The LG pets and themes have Wild Stats which can be helpful in making super stat pets. The only way to obtain the themed pets outside of the LG is usually during the Black Friday Wheel, but they will not have the special wild stats.
This is one I found in the Temple that hatched as a Mythical(The Temple eggs all have high stats):
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=7317476

This is one though, that you could encounter as someone who just started(The themes are each locked to certain sections of the grove, here's a guide for reference: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103233):
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5437233

And this is an example of a non-themed Mythical that also has wild stats that can be used for breeding:
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=7811151

The Lost Grove is not the final zone of the game. Sylestia is currently in Beta, and the LG in a way, is a way for players to pass time until Sylestia is out of beta, as well as a way for new features to be tested before the full game is released.
There will be more content released in the future.
But at the current time, outside of Festivals, you'd have to stick to the areas you previously played in since the main storyline is on hold at the moment.

Most people struggle when they first start in the LG, but as you learn the mechanics, rank your pets, and upgrade your gear(Something you can do after you build your Barracks + The Blacksmith's Station), it should get easier.
The LG is meant to be a grind, where basically, the more you grind despite the difficulty, the more rewarding it gets. I had a hard time with it when I first started as well.

As mentioned, the LG allows you to rank your pet's abilities, which will make them far stronger, which is beneficial to battling in other areas of the game.
For reference, this is a fully ranked pet of mine:
https://www.sylestia.com/proficiency/?pet_id=4922474
You also have access to gear, which unless you buy it from other players either directly from them or off the Trade Broker, is unattainable outside the LG. The gear can also be upgraded(Though some players both sell and offer upgrades for a price), making it even stronger.

There's also Restricted Traits(Which can be seen on two of the pets I showed, Marnie and the Nytekrie, Marnie's is visible, while the Nytekrie's are hidden, they're the traits with red * next to them), that are exclusively from the LG. There are a few other ways to occasionally get them, but the LG is the most reliable way to encounter these traits.

-

I'd totally understand if you don't want to continue in the LG, I know I'm definitely not the best at explaining the benefits of the LG, but regardless of if you continue in the LG or not, I hope you enjoy Sylestia. ^-^

Edit*: You don't have to give me anything, I try to collect better gear in my inventory, so no worries. ^^
Edited By Draculina on 9/22/2023 at 2:08 AM.
Floridavulture
Level 63
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/22/2023 at 2:32 AM Post #6
I got you! So it's sort of like a prelude to the bigger game! Very cool concept, overall! I read the thread you linked, the walkthrough, and it was very informative. The biggest problem I had was not understanding what items dropped from which enemies, and how many I needed EXACTLY to progress the LG zone. I think I understand a lot better what the actual purpose of the Grove is, now. It does seem to be very difficult and time consuming. But worth it for the gear and the pets, if you can get past the enemies. It will be a lot more fun to try it more in the future, knowing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing there, and not wandering around aimlessly. I think perhaps it would be more helpful to new players if there was a way to track the exact supplies needed, and where to get them from. Maybe right there on the zone progression tab even, instead of a %, it would be more clear I think if it was something more like this:

Zone Progression
*Updates Every 5 Minutes*
The Untamed Forest (Stage 1)
[ ] Give Materials to Rylak (0%)
Materials List
Ancient Timber [x 0] 0/10 (Ancient Entlings)
Enchanted Cloth [x 0] 0/14 (Crazed Druids)
Reclaimed Supplies [x 0] 0/7 (Nightfall Bandits)
Spritely Branch [x 0] 0/200 (Forest Sprites)
Tempered Steel [x 0] 0/88 (Nightfall Captains)

That way new players can keep track of what they're supposed to be doing, and who to battle to actually do it.

And I still very much appreciate the trade, just let me know if I ever seem to have something you need or want, I'm sure I could be of help someday when I finally get the hang of Sylestia, lol! Thank you so much for that, and for the advice! I think I will continue LG, but very, very slowly. Biding my time until the main game comes out of beta! <3
Draculina
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Posted: 9/22/2023 at 2:48 AM Post #7
That definitely would be a helpful feature, I think some have suggested that before, but I'm not entirely certain. But, perhaps it'll end up being implemented one day. ^^

And thank you, though I'm just happy to have been able to help. I hope the gear makes the battling a tad easier for you.
And I wish you luck with the LG, and hope you have a fun time overall on Sylestia. (^-^)

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.