Jie
Level 72
Threads: 22
Posted: 8/26/2023 at 4:20 PM Post #11
THE DEAD MAN WALKING;;
"THE CAPTAIN" ADONIJAH

"They call me the devil, darling."

[ ARC 1: The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea ]
Whispers in the wind bring word of a ghost ship, stalking the seas like a panther with a slender figure stood at her bow: white fur billowing in the wind, tricorn pulled low over his head.
After years of searching, you've found the Captain's origin, but does it really help to know the humanity of a many-named devil?

or, how Captain got his ship.

Objectives:
x Main: Acquire a Ghost Ship
x Side: Collect Magical Artifacts
x Side: Collect Candles

view more
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 8/26/2023 at 4:22 PM Post #12
Thanks for all of your help! I got my sheet up, though I forgot to ping you ^^; Tell me if there's anything I should change.

The majority of the sheet is under view more, but I can move it over here instead if that's more convenient.
Edited By Jie on 8/26/2023 at 4:23 PM.
Murph
Level 67
Threads: 287
Posted: 8/26/2023 at 4:44 PM Post #13
I absolutely love your character! Having an older character probably means you'd know a lot more world lore so I'll make sure to sprinkle in what you would know.

If it's alright with you, I might tweak your devil fruit to give it a few more abilities: You can also see the true form of these spectres and you are able to talk to them, the spectres you raise retain their strength and abilities from life (although stronger ones wouldn't last as long), and perhaps spectres can be found in places of death with strong emotion and not exclusively despair. You can reject any of those concepts if you don't like them

(also, let me know if you'd prefer a second person or third person narration)

Adojinah finds himself on a cold island in the North blue, named Swallow island due to its coastlines resembling the shape of a sparrow bird. It's been a decade since he was discharged from the marines due to his failure, and even longer since he's felt the comraderie of a loyal crew at his side.

The cold night winds are easily ignored by his fuzz covered body, combined with the heavy coat on adorning his shoulders. Wandering nearby the port, he sees a few ships that have gone quiet for the night, their crews sound asleep at an inn or below deck. Save for whoever was left on lookout duty for each ship, the docks were calm. You can also see what looks to be some sort of spectre sitting some distance away in the snow

Jie
Level 72
Posted: 8/27/2023 at 2:26 PM Post #14
The docks are quiet and the skies dark. It's a perfect setting for a ghost story.

A pale notch strides along the shore, wings fluttering in the chill air. The Captain's boots click against the road as he walks, a rhythmic beat that echoes in the empty streets. It's not a crime to wander the streets after dark, after all. Beside, he's not the only soul out, even if the other isn't quite visible.

"From one ghost to another," he asks, tipping his hat in greeting, "would you happen to know if they're any pirate ships passing through? Or perhaps, a fishing or merchant boat in need of a hand?"

-- -- --
(Ooh, how about second person narration. I enjoy seeing you pronouns for RPGs :D And thanks for the power add-ons, they sound great as does your writing.)
Edited By Jie on 2/10/2024 at 11:37 PM.
Murph
Level 67
Posted: 8/27/2023 at 3:10 PM Post #15

As you get closer, the spirit becomes more visible to you, appearing to be a man in his mid 20's, although you get the feeling he's been around much longer than that. Even sitting down, you can tell this man is unnaturally tall, and he has on makeup on his face. Lipstick that stretches to the sides of his cheeks, and under his right eye there was some blue eyeliner forming a few blue triangles on the lower eyelid.

The ghost seems a little surprised as you address him. He looks you up and down for a moment before speaking. "pirate ships... not many big names around this island nowadays..." the spirit pondered for a few moments. "Swallow island is small and quiet. Sometimes pirates like to use it as a quiet place away from marine eyes as a place to meet or make deals... most of them wouldn't use the main port. it would draw too much attention"

The tall deadman stood to his feet, a large black feathered coat draped over his shoulders, you could see his button-down shirt was riddled with bulletholes, an obvious cause of death if you've ever seen one. "Rumors say there's a small crew who parked their boat on the northeast cape of the island... but if it's the treasure you're interested in... theres an abandoned ship near the sparrow's wing," he informed you, pointing off in the direction. The sparrow's wing was just a fancier way of saying the northern coast of the island. "It was beached there while I was still alive after a bad run-in with some marines and another pirate crew."

The ghost adjusted his coat, tipping his head curiously. "Your attire and questions tells me you're a sailing man... perhaps a pirate, but I was in the marines long enough to tell me the way you hold yourself implies you to be a navy man... perhaps an ex one..." He notes his observations as he circles you, stopping in front of you before placing his next question, smiling softly "Tell me, out of the three greatest desires of this world, which one do you crave the most- wealth, fame, or power?"

(Thank you! I love your writing style as well, and your formatting is so cool!)
Edited By DruidOfBees on 8/27/2023 at 3:10 PM.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 9/1/2023 at 6:54 PM Post #16
"You're not the first person I've heard that from," the Captain remarks, "and while you won't be the last, you certainly are the strangest; bullet holes and bright blue eyes."

"As for what I want, it's a secret, love. But since you've been so helpful, I suppose I can give you a hint. I lost something some odd years back, and I do think it's about time that I take it back. Whether that's power, wealth, or fame, I'll leave up to you."

A hint of a wink, almost hidden under the shadow of his hat. "Maybe it's all three."

The Captain laughs, sharp, and says, "Adieu, love, it was a pleasure."

With a touch of his hat, the Captain strides off. It's time to see if there's any pirates parked in the cape. And if not, then at least it'll put him in the perfect spot to take a jaunty to the Sparrow's Wing.

-- -- --
(Ahh thanks, I love yours as well. You're so descriptive when you write!)
Murph
Level 67
Posted: 9/2/2023 at 1:35 PM Post #17
The man chuckled at your comment about his appearance. Did what I had to. I dont regret any of it for a second

Hearing your answer to his question, he nodded, calling after you as you began to leave. Keep your heart set on a fourth, too- Wealth, fame, and power are nothing if you arent free to enjoy them. Im sure the late pirate king would agree Freedom is more important than anything else

You noted the moon rising in the night sky. A waxing gibbous illuminated the snow before you as you began your trek to the cape. Though your wings werent capable of carrying you, the occasional flit of them certainly helped you traverse the snow.

It didnt take long for your to stumble upon the rumored pirates. The crew seemed more active than the ones resting at port, likely planning to take leave under the cover of night. There was little light to illuminate their activities, but to your nocturnally tuned eyes, you could easily see a human crew, the captain shouting orders as they prepared to embark on their next voyage.

For a moment you almost thought you were mistaken when you saw one of the crew getting bossed around. Had you been a less knowledgeable captain, you wouldve thought the small bear getting kicked around by a senior crew member was a normal polar bear, but it was clear as a full moon on a cloudless night that the rather pathetic looking cabin boy was a member of your own species, a sight rare to behold outside of the grand line- this crew for some reason had a polar bear mink on their crew.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 9/10/2023 at 2:43 PM Post #18
Why, it looks like skies are clearing up. There's a pirate ship in the cove, just as that ghost had said there might be, with a bit of luck.

The Captain draws himself upward, white fur stark against the night, and calls, "You have room for another sailor? Got experience with all types of sails--triangle and square, white and black, whole and holey."

A multitude of eyes swing toward him, and he settles on the back of his feet, easy and relaxed. "Figured now was as good a time as any to get out of this place."
Murph
Level 67
Posted: 9/11/2023 at 5:45 PM Post #19
A variety of looks crossed the men's faces as you made your presence known. Among the most common were surprise, confusion, and the majority- distrust. Trust was something seldom held among outsiders to a pirate's crew. Even among crews there was often distrust, as betrayal marked many a pirate's journeys.

A man in a bulky coat and hat adorned with large feathers stepped off the loading dock of the ship, drawing the attention to himself as he strode forward, boots crunching in the snow. It didn't take an experience seaman to know this man was the captain. His crew glanced between the two of you, awaiting their captain's words. You could hear murmuring between some of the crew, and while you couldn't quite make out the words, your uncommon appearance definitely stirred some curiosity among the crew.

"A sailor looking for a ship, eh?" His demeanor told you he thought highly of himself, and his build told you that there was some merit in that belief. He had a sword on each hip, but made no reach for them as he approached. "I should warn you, we aren't your average vessel. I'd think twice about getting involved if I were you." The captain warned. His crew waited with baited breath for your response, some of the jumpier looking men looked ready to attack, but would not do so without an order from their captain.

"Of course... if you think you're cut out for this life, I'm sure we can find space for such a curious fellow such as yourself" He nodded, crossing his arms over his chest.

Jie
Level 72
Posted: 9/17/2023 at 11:41 AM Post #20
A curious fellow, eh? Well, the other isn't wrong. If he was anyone else, the Captain would say that he was overreaching, and since he is himself, the Captain will admit to being strange. It's part of his charm after all.

"Maybe that ain't a bad thing," he says. "They say that opposites attract, but I must say, I've had better luck with like attracts like."

A tip of the head, and something shadowed seems to pass across his face despite the glistening moonlight before vanishing, there and then not, as his lips quirk up. "The Devil's out hunting for bad folk, and it doesn't hurt to have a few extra targets around."

His lips stretch into a wicked grin, and the Captain says, "Call me Adonijah or call me Ads. It's your choice."

"What's the first thing you want me to do, Capt'n?"

-- -- --
(Trying to guess what the pirate captain does, that he feels the need to warn Ads, so maybe... raiding seaside villages? :0)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.