Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4... 21, 22, 23 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Jie
Level 72
Threads: 22
Posted: 8/18/2023 at 4:13 PM Post #21
(Back for the weekend! :D)

-- -- --

"I guess you guys do want to see me angry," Kavaratti says, "but since I dont believe that this deserves a reward, how about I shut you all up by teaching Alexis how to hunt instead? Even if I'd rather get respect sooner rather than later, challenging each of you to get more kills than me during the next raid hardly seems fair."

After all, strangers' insults have never mattered to Kavaratti, and he hasn't been nearly riled up enough to lose sight of his objective. The purpose of this exercise isn't to regain his honor or to impress some teens. It's to help Alexis find a way out of her title, and the only way to do that is for her to show her village that she isn't, in fact, useless. Him defending her from the teens doesn't help accomplish that. In fact, it probably does the opposite.

If even her family has chosen to berate her, then he can only imagine her letting someone stand up for her would be considered a sign of weakness; nevermind the fact that he can't stand up to the one instigating all of this in the first place: her father. A wandering dragon hunter versus the chief? No, Kavaratti doesn't think that's a good idea at all.

This will just have to do. Luckily for all of them, Kavaratti is one of the best at what he does. When he's done, the Vikings will have a warrior in possession of generations of dragon-hunter teachings, Alexis will be free of that Useless stigma, and he'll have one interesting story to tell Spillage once they reunite.
Dragonsrcool54
Level 56
The Perfectionist
Threads: 75
Posted: 8/18/2023 at 4:22 PM Post #22
(Hooray!

Also, what the heck kind of name is the Village of Spillage? Lmao)

The teens looked at him and burst out laughing.

Alexis flinched. *its alright, sir. You dont have to do that for me.* she mumbled.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 8/19/2023 at 1:51 PM Post #23
(If it makes things any better, that's the Squaldron, but Kavaratti's not very good at naming things either way @-@ That sounds like the rainiest village though, maybe vampires live there to avoid light haha.)

-- -- --

A shrug and Kavaratti spins, stepping beside Alexis and then beyond her towards the inn.

She's much too nervous. "I'd like to," he responds. "Of course, that's only if you'd allow me. It may be a bit difficult, but I think you can do it. Still, it's your choice." And truthfully, he's not entirely sure that she's cut out for dragon slaying, but who would he be to not offer her the chance?

Besides those explosions and contraptions of hers might show some promise, once she learns a few lessons about how to safely apply them. Kavaratti can play to Alexis's strengths.

Of course, that's given that her ideas have some practical use.

Having explained the situation to the inn-keeper and managed to win himself a few nights of free room despite the weathered woman's doubtful expression, Kavaratti slides the door to his room open and asks, "What are the machines you've been making?"

The basket of food goes on a table, and a pair of chairs beside it is pulled back. Hopefully Alexis is comfortable enough to share, even if the ideas have been met with disdain from her village.
Edited By Jie on 8/19/2023 at 1:53 PM.
Dragonsrcool54
Level 56
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/19/2023 at 3:03 PM Post #24
(Lmao)

Alexis listened to him quietly as he handled his duties, and when prompted, she smiled shyly. *oh, lots of things! I once made a large bowl big enough for people out of rock and filled it with water before lighting a fire underneath for a heated bath! But then people didnt get out when prompted and started yelling that I was trying to cook them. Then theres the time I. . .* she went on, talking about her machines. From weapons to inventions to make the Vikings lives better, she had made so many things to make the lives of the ungrateful Vikings easier. Not that she was appreciated for her efforts.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 8/19/2023 at 8:38 PM Post #25
She's smart, Kavaratti thinks, but only when she isn't being put under stress.

Because what else can Alexis be? She's got ideas that could simplify several household tasks, and she's figured out how to implement the majority of them--usually not successfully, though that's not always her fault. Still, even with those that are user error, Kavaratti can come up with a few solutions. Take that bath for example. It's unfortunate that the others didn't listen to her, but putting out the fire would have solved issue, if only Alexis wasn't too stressed to think of it.

Most dragon hunters would prefer her opposite. Kavaratti knows he would; being able to think on your feet is valuable in his line of work.

Still. Smart. He can work with that, the weapons especially. And who knows, with a bit of encouragement, maybe Alexis will have enough self-confidence to solve those unexpected issues. Kavaratti always been the type to try something, anything, in the face of the unexpected, but he knows that his experience has made him more graceful, more certain when he does so.

He finishes off a mouthful of bread and asks, "Would you mind showing me some of those weapon plans tomorrow morning? They have promise."

Kavaratti might see if he can request a few, once the details have been ironed out. There are some ingenious designs among the bunch that he could see coming in handy against the quickest species.
Edited By Jie on 8/19/2023 at 8:43 PM.
Dragonsrcool54
Level 56
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/19/2023 at 11:27 PM Post #26
She looked over, suprised. *you. . . You WANT to see my designs? No. . . No catch?* she half-whispered, as if she wasnt fully convinced he would t be judging or insulting her about them. He noticed her fidgeting and wringing her hands together - a clear sign of anxiety and stress.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 8/26/2023 at 9:36 AM Post #27
(I'm out of ideas for this scene. Feel free to toss in any that you have or to skip!)

-- -- --

Dark eyes blink. "No catch," Kavaratti says, slow. "It interests me." Because even if he doesn't do this, even if he's honesty blunt as a club, he knows what to say here. He can be comforting, even if he doesn't like it.

Comforting doesn't solve problems after all. If someone has an issue, they need to know how bad it is. However, in this case, the problem is something to be solved by being encouraging, so that's what he'll be.

Still, pretending to be something he isn't; that's not what he does. The hunter falls into a palatable silence and finishes the last bits of his dinner in between sliding fish at Alexis.
Dragonsrcool54
Level 56
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/26/2023 at 10:03 AM Post #28
(Its fine. I love the angst!)

Alexis stared at him for a bit as he ate before smiling, getting up, and running off.

She returned 10 minutes later, her arms full of papers and prototypes of inventions. And theres all kinds of inventions. Weapons, comfort items, miniatures of improved boats and even stuff that should exist yet, like a prototype of a carriage the size of a mouse and a bunch of other future inventions.

Shes incredibly creative.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 8/27/2023 at 12:30 PM Post #29
It's late by the time they finish eating and Alexis leaves.

For a moment Kavaratti sits in front of the cluttered table, content to relax in the night's stillness before he begins to clean. The leftovers are wrapped and returned to the bag. The utensils are rinsed outside using a small bucket of water left in his room by the innkeeper. The table is wiped clean, the crumbs from that swept into the trash can.

With everything done, Kavaratti dusts off his hands and sinks down, ready to go through his bag for a towel and a change of clothes before turning in for the night.

The door bursts open, revealing a Viking with arms clutched full of papers.

Kavaratti lets his wariness bubble up in a yawn before pushing off, standing up to meet Alexis and help her spread the diagrams across the table. They're interesting at least, even if he thought that the plan was to review them tomorrow morning.

Their inventor's enthusiasm is infectious, and as he pours over the sketches, Kavaratti finds himself impressed.

"Are your people sailors?" he muses as he reads the annotations detailing her experiments on shipbuilding. "Being able to sail into the wind is revolutionary, even if it wouldn't be necessary for the fishermen."

On the other hand, the weapons seem interesting, if not entirely practical. Still, a flaming sword. Imagine that.

As for the others, "A lot of these are revolutionary. My people back home would love to try some of these, if I brought some papers back." He should take a closer look sometime, learn the concepts.
Dragonsrcool54
Level 56
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/27/2023 at 2:37 PM Post #30
She nodded, smiling happily. *im glad you appreciate my designs. I would honestly love to come back with you and make a living at your village, where my work is appreciated.*

(Actually. , . Why dont we do just that? Alexis helps Kavaratti with repairs, the two sail away (well, Kavaratti leaves while Alexis is hidden on the boat), and the two figure out how to train dragons on the way! Then Alexis eventually ends up at a village who appreciates her while the village they leave behind gets their just deserts! Win-win!

What do you think?)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4... 21, 22, 23
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.