Forum Index > Battle Discussion > King Decius
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Foxywolf713
Level 63
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 46
Posted: 7/21/2023 at 3:37 AM Post #1
i know other people have already posted answers for this, and i've looked them over and tried to use other peoples methods, but for some reason i can't beat him! if anyone can help it would be MUCH appreciated bc i am so lost rn
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 7/21/2023 at 5:29 AM Post #2
what pets are in your party, and in what party order?
Foxywolf713
Level 63
Majestic Brewmistress
Posted: 7/21/2023 at 3:41 PM Post #3
so in the first slot is Aiko
in the second slot is Harumi
and i don't have a third slot yet, but it doesn't make sense why i haven't even been able to get 10% down on King Darius or any of his pets. is he like, all powerful or something?
Edited By Foxywolf713 on 7/21/2023 at 3:50 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 7/21/2023 at 7:11 PM Post #4
1. Fight is designed with expectation of three party pets (all stuff Umbra Forest on is)

2. Desius's fight difficulty is correlated to how many of the seals you successfully activated, strongest with none done, weakest if all four are. I believe you can back out of heading in to fight him to try doing them again? but i'm not sure

3. both pets have unassigned proficiency points

4. both have 2HP profs, which does give them a decent chunk of health pool to work with, but their damage output (Int) and defense and evasion (agi) are low, so they won't necessarily be able to heal all the damage taken easily.

5. gear is variously low level or low rarity (both affect the stats of a piece of gear), and not necessarily the correct sort for them either.
Aiko's equipment is mostly assassin (Str/Agi) including the relic*, and Harumi has a myrmidon (Str/Dex).
They're both Shadow, which is a Magical element, and do better with Illusionist (Int/Agi) (if tank/slot1) or Evoker (Int/Dex) (though since they're lv60 you could use LG gear types, Reaver being the Agi/Int one designed for shadow tanks, Lightbringer being Int/Agi, and Pyromancer being Int/Dex)
(*relics give a buff to a Damage Stat directly, and pets only use the Damage Stat that correlates with their element, so having a relic of the wrong sort on a pet means they get that big buff to a stat they can't use. This is why Aiko's got a much lower damage output than Harumi, despite him having the higher level relic)

Desius would definitely be a tricky fight with two shadows and no third pet. I don't use shadow myself, but it's a very much survivalist element rather than a damage dealer.
Most teams tend to be Tank (earth, water, shadow, light)/Healer or buffer (light, water)/Attacker (fire, air
(though water doesn't really grow into the buffer role until later levels, 65+) Not all teams are this setup, but it's certainly the most common (certainly up until a person has ranked up elements to play with, anyway)
Edited By Scathreoite on 7/21/2023 at 7:12 PM.
Foxywolf713
Level 63
Majestic Brewmistress
Posted: 7/21/2023 at 10:26 PM Post #5
should i use a pet that i already have and use exp orbs to get its level higher or should i catch one so that it's less work? and would it be worth the gold change the element that Harumi and/or Aiko are attuned to?
i'm sorry to bother you, i've just been working on this for 3 weeks and still haven't managed to do anything
Edited By Foxywolf713 on 7/21/2023 at 10:26 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 7/22/2023 at 3:59 AM Post #6
If you want to get a pet of the right level without time investment or high price, you can use advanced search to find cheap ones, though those will almost invariably be wild-tier stats (unless you're willing to pay like, 100k or so).
If you want one with higher stats, you would have to do some leveling.

Trying out different elements can be worth it, just finding what element setup works well for you
You could get your third pet, have one of your two current ones stay as shadow tank and reassign just one of the two, or do both if you wanted to try a different tank element

Gearing lv50+ pets is pretty easy, since lv50 epic and legendary gear is typically in reasonable supply in the broker (it can drop from lv50 mission satchels, so it's some of the easiest legendary gear to get in the game alongside lv25 stuff). Lost Grove gear (lv60) is also pretty common on the broker and even the lowest tier of it (rare/Exotic) outstrips lv60 non-lg legendary.

(given your team, I'm guessing you didn't activate the seals, but I ?believe? you can go back and try to do them again? I think it does a screen that says so before you enter the Desius fight? It's been a long long time, I don't remember well. Activating them would make it an easier fight also.)
Foxywolf713
Level 63
Majestic Brewmistress
Posted: 7/22/2023 at 7:27 PM Post #7
thank you for the help :)
i'll start working on those things and getting more gold to get the third slot rn :)
Moderation Team
Level 9001
Protector of the Forums
Site Moderator
Posted: 7/23/2023 at 1:13 PM Post #8
This thread has been moved to: Battle Discussion.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.