Players 2,356 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,256,924 1,133
Generated 656,451 15
Captured 1,191,067 33
Bred 6,409,311 1,085
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Am I the only one bothered by inbreeding...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Snowydays
Level 74
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 32
Posted: 4/29/2023 at 5:10 AM Post #1
Out of curiosity, I did a google search for "Sylestia non-inbred project" (great way to search forums btw, you will get results of actual topics from years back) and all that I found were topics of people 100% agreeing that they don't care about inbreeding because 'it's a game and it'd take way too much effort to avoid.' And I really mean 100% of replies were agreeing.
Meanwhile I, well--look at my bio. I am apparently the only person in Sylestia history doing an essence to 6vis project with no inbreeding. And yes, I plan to amass a total of 40 essences for this, 8 of which will be enhanced. I know it will take forever, but I've already started after coming up with this just a few days ago. I planned out every breed down to the ideal outcome and chance of getting the ideal, I mean look at this:
YyNnNn YnYnNn
(1/4)YyYnNn YnNnYn
(1/8)YyYnYn NnYnYn
(1/16)YnYyYy *YyYnYn
(1/8)YyYyYy
That's the kind of nonsense I have permanently up on the side of my screen. Not even an example, that's a direct quote. I have every step planned out. This is gonna be the most pristinely planned and organized endeavor I've done in my LIFE.
I know it's obsessive and kinda ridiculous. Autistic brain likes to hyperfixate on weird stuff, and sometimes that ends up with me staring at a Punnett square at 5am, furiously typing on Stickies, all over a pretty picture. Also, my brain briefly blew up when I learned that there are dominant and recessive genes on here. It's alphabetical by the way, A is dominant over everything, B over C, D over G, you get it.

Anyways, I know inbreeding isn't technically an issue since yes, it is a game, and there aren't any bad effects. But I love the idea of a pristine genealogy and a nice green 0.00%.
Does anyone else care about this even a little? Like, if you wanted to buy a pet then saw it was like 50% inbred, would that change a thing? Or would it change if you wanted the pet for your own breeding? And the important question for me--Is anyone interested in paying a higher price for a non-inbred pet with the most pristine and concise ancestry you've ever seen? I'm going for 6vis, so currently I'm considering weighting each trait point with 25k gold. So the end 6vis would be 300k, and a "fail" or unneeded breeder along the way would be like 75k for 1vis 1car, 175k for 2vis 3car, so on.
I'm curious if a single other player cares. Thanks for reading my ramblings :)
(Also I am looking for Aeri essences reg/enh for the foreseeable future so PM me if you have any haha okay bye)
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 43
Posted: 4/29/2023 at 10:32 AM Post #2
Honestly, I dont really care about inbreeding. Seeing how much a pet has is cool, but with my own project its already unavoidable. People from previous projects already inbred them, and I bought them because they were of my favorite theme. Only recently have I started mine, and because Im breeding stats its even more unavoidable. Because its unavoidable for so many people, I would guess thats why they really dont care. I wouldnt buy a pet for much more because its not inbred at all, in fact if I bought it I probably would have no idea if its inbred or not. I think projects with essences would probably be easier to avoid inbreeding, but for a project for themes where you only have a limited pool of pets you could use or you could only use pets you own, it would be much harder to keep everything separate through the generations. Anyway, thanks for listening to my ramblings lol, thats just what Ive learned over time here.
Dracaena
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 58
Posted: 4/29/2023 at 12:46 PM Post #3
It would be cool to see a 0% inbred 6-visible project, because that would require a large amount of work. The end result, I imagine, would be two completely unrelated 6v pets sitting on top of two massive family trees. That would definitely be something to brag about, especially if the project is a themed one.

This got me thinking about 0% related max stat pets, though.

First of all, you would need a large amount of 6v pets to start maxing, all unrelated; all with massive family trees under them. So at the beginning of this project, you would need an absolutely collossal collection of unrelated pets to start with so you could breed those unrelated 6v pets. Hundreds, maybe thousands.

You would have to precisely calculate how many pets you needed at the start because of how max stat projects work. Otherwise, you would end up with one almost-max pair and no more unrelated pets left to finish the project (unless you caved and started inbreeding them).

And of course, each generation would require a large amount of Prismas (instead of 4 per generation, which is typical for a max stat project with inbreeding), and probably a large amount of Gender Swaps as well. It would cost a ridiculous amount of gold/money.

My brain hurts :P

Good luck with your project!
Edited By EvilNapkin on 4/29/2023 at 12:49 PM.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 4/29/2023 at 6:45 PM Post #4
I tried to do a low percentage 6v project years ago. I believe it ended up at 6% or something which isnt bad compared to where they end these days xD As for a max stat project with 0% you would need a very large amount of 6v to start maxing, even philtering 16-32 each gen you would likely start to see some slight inbreeding happening unless you were really careful. at 16 prismas per generation you are looking at 800k per gen. If it takes 10 gens to get to max (most projects take 12 or so) thats 8m. if you sold for 400k you would need to sell 20 to break even. I havent even sold 20 super rikkis much less a max stat xD all of my projects have me in the red. If i saved my gold and sold prismas when i got them i would have close to 200m pretty sure xD

In concusion its really hard to do 0% projects. With me i get a pretty good pet trait wise and want to use him to get more so most of the girls breed to him
https://www.sylestia.com/view/lineage/?pet_id=7704457 < one of my girls going into maxing

https://www.sylestia.com/view/lineage/?pet_id=7674843 < one of my last to exit maxing
https://www.sylestia.com/view/lineage/?pet_id=7060047 < generation 1. So my vorpas will probably be around the same inbred when they are done.

Fun fact though. An infusion of totally new dna will reset inbreeding
https://www.sylestia.com/view/lineage/?pet_id=6979186 < 20% inbreeding
https://www.sylestia.com/view/lineage/?pet_id=7624625 < bred with
https://www.sylestia.com/view/lineage/?pet_id=7645571 < result
As long as they arent related at all, Otherwise you have https://www.sylestia.com/view/lineage/?pet_id=7704510 whos grandparents on one side are siblings to her great-grandparents on her other
Edited By Katty on 4/29/2023 at 6:48 PM.
Snowydays
Level 74
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 4/29/2023 at 8:58 PM Post #5
Okay okay just to clarify--I am not maxing or even paying attention to stats.
This is my first project and I'm already overcomplicating it, so I'm not gonna go that far ^^' But! I have planned out every step, and I'm not afraid to rework it if I find a way to simplify it or increase my odds. Thanks for the luck Napkin, I'll need it ^^
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Posted: 4/29/2023 at 9:14 PM Post #6
yeah evil said how much work it would be for maxing. Was just working it out for you both. I max with 4 each gen xD

I look forward to seeing how you go and i will have to remember to send you any aeri essences i get to you for free. What you could also do is get access to some pets that have the traits you need and add them to your pool from essences. As long as you dont dip into that breeding pool too much you will be all good. If i have any tagged aeris that could help lemme know. I can breed them to get you the traits you need and if i have others that could help... i mean i cud very much help you start your breeding pool but the colours wont be the same. your final pairs might need some fixing
Snowydays
Level 74
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 4/29/2023 at 9:22 PM Post #7
Aww thank you!!! Since this project is highly focused on genealogy I'm not going to use any breeders that aren't essences, both for that .-*pristine lineage*-. and so I won't have to worry about dyes, since I'm starting out with the same exact colors in the generator and breeding several generations I'm sure it'll regulate itself.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Posted: 4/29/2023 at 9:29 PM Post #8
Okies, be aware though the blue essences can have some very very different starting colours. I started a project years ago and ended up scrapping it cause the colours kept swinging and it was annoying me

They were all generated with the same codes but all look different
Edited By Katty on 4/29/2023 at 9:29 PM.
Snowydays
Level 74
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 4/29/2023 at 10:08 PM Post #9
Yeah I know, I generated these two with identical colors too:

But the end product will be 8th gen, so I think it's safe to say the weird colors will fade out. And even those two aren't too far off, they should've looked like this:

So the only real differences are the pink missing on the male's wings and the blue missing on the female's belly. I think I'll be safe :D
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Posted: 4/29/2023 at 10:32 PM Post #10
i can tell you now that you will likely not have 6v by 8th generation. I have 6v at 9th on my vorpas but im at 16% inbred. With set pairs that arent related at all and rng being rng you are likely to drop traits and by 8th gen i would be surprised if you are at 3v3c
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.