Forum Index > News and Announcements > Winter Festival Overview
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
WoermOnAString
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 28
Posted: 1/1/2023 at 2:06 PM Post #11
Hey, just a suggestion for future winter festivals but could snow wars be broken up into three parts just like the murder boards and the nurture boards are? I've seen some other players says this and yeah, I can agree that unless you're starting to compete in snow wars from day one, it's really hard to get on the board and actually stay in it. I think that it would be more fair for other players who haven't had a lot of time to compete for the snow wars board since winter is a really busy season and a lot of people are celebrating the holidays and spending the season with family and friends, not to mention that it might be hard for the kiddos and fellow college students who are busy with school after their break. So yeah, I feel it'd just be more fair since this festival just happens to coincide with when people are the busiest and most likely to not be online.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/3/2023 at 5:12 PM Post #12
Happy New Years, everyone! We hope everyone had a great holiday break and hope you all have a fantastic 2023.

Just wanted to remind everyone that the second round of the Leaderboard Contests will begin tomorrow at 9 AM! Good luck to everyone! Additionally, the Diamond Sale, Double XP Event, and Themed Pet Bonus will end after Sunday, January 8th!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/3/2023 at 5:16 PM Post #13
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104864&page=2#11
Author: WoermOnAString
Time Posted: 1/1/2023 at 2:06 PM
Hey, just a suggestion for future winter festivals but could snow wars be broken up into three parts just like the murder boards and the nurture boards are? I've seen some other players says this and yeah, I can agree that unless you're starting to compete in snow wars from day one, it's really hard to get on the board and actually stay in it. I think that it would be more fair for other players who haven't had a lot of time to compete for the snow wars board since winter is a really busy season and a lot of people are celebrating the holidays and spending the season with family and friends, not to mention that it might be hard for the kiddos and fellow college students who are busy with school after their break. So yeah, I feel it'd just be more fair since this festival just happens to coincide with when people are the busiest and most likely to not be online.

Unfortunately, Snow Wars doesn't quite garner as much participation as Leaderboard Contests do. I am not sure there's really enough demand to support two separate rounds, let alone three. I think it'd end up being where only a handful would end up actually competing in the latter rounds.

Another issue is that Snow Wars is not coded for rounds. It's a huge pain to "reset it" mid-way through. I have to do a lot of manual things to add pseudo rounds to it - like literally I have to manually screenshot the leaderboard when a round 'ends' lol. And then I have to be very delicate to reset everyone's scores for the next round. It's just a big process. We've done it in years' past, but I opted not to do it this year. I can't recall how many rounds last year had. I am pretty sure it was only one or two rounds.
Sakina
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Threads: 51
Posted: 1/3/2023 at 5:25 PM Post #14
Last year only had one round. :)
Ilhycha
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 3
Posted: 1/4/2023 at 8:57 AM Post #15
I definitely agree with the "low participation" statement, since I am really struggling to find matches with Players. I can usually be online mostly during the day rather than evening, and this is my current queue:

Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/7/2023 at 7:24 PM Post #16
Hello, all! Just a reminder that tomorrow, Sunday, will be the last day for Round 2 of the Leaderboard Contests and for the Diamond Sale, Double XP Event, and Themed Pet Bonus!

Don't miss out! Round 3, the last round, will begin Friday, January 13th at 3 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/13/2023 at 4:31 PM Post #17
Just a reminder to everyone. The final round of Leaderboard Contests is underway! This will be your last chance for the Winter Festival to earn Contest Pouches and compete for leaderboard prizes! Good luck!
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 1/19/2023 at 7:43 PM Post #18
Krin, snow wars ended after zone closed last year
Any chance it will this year?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/20/2023 at 12:04 AM Post #19
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104864&page=2#18
Author: Katty
Time Posted: 1/19/2023 at 7:43 PM
Krin, snow wars ended after zone closed last year
Any chance it will this year?

Snow Wars ends with the soft close, yea. It's mentioned in the Overview's schedule.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/21/2023 at 8:25 AM Post #20
Hello, all!

As I imagine everyone knows, many of the Winter Festival features end after this Sunday. For the most part, this is remaining unchanged. However, I will be extending access to The Howling Pass through Wednesday, January 25th! In addition to that, all Named within The Howling Pass now have a 25% increased chance of dropping [Mystery Frost Essence] and [Regular Ice Water]. This bonus will remain in effect through the remainder of the festival.

Forum Games, Snow Wars, and Daily Tasks will end after this Sunday. I will see about allowing excess Snow Wars Tokens to be used after Sunday. But I think, as it is, Snow Wars will automatically end after Sunday. So just keep that in mind. I'll try and get it up and going again on Monday.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.