Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/22/2022 at 3:12 AM Post #1
Here is the official announcement thread for the release of the Ancient Temple - Ancient Crypt!

Release Time: Saturday, October 22nd at 12:00 PM

The Ancient Crypt will unlock at the time listed above. Any players who have progressed to that point within the Lost Grove will be able to enter the Ancient Crypt. The Ancient Crypt is considered to be the 5th, and final, Dungeon of the Ancient Temple. It will function similar to the previous Dungeons. In order to create an instance of the Ancient Crypt, you will have to have actively cleared Dungeons 1-4.

Double XP Event and Themed Encounter Bonus

Start Time: Saturday, October 22nd at 12:00 PM
End Time: Sunday, November 6th at 11:59 PM

During this time, there will be a Double XP Event and all Wild Themed within the Lost Grove will have a doubled base rate of being encountered!

For the Themed Encounter Rate Bonus, it is a doubled increase chance on the base rate. This means that this will stack with the Perfume Bonus!

New Exclusive Themed Pets

First, and probably most exciting, will be the addition of 6 new special Themed Pets and a complimentary Restricted Trait Set with Dynamic Traits. What is a Dynamic Trait? Glad you asked! It is a brand new mechanic where the Trait will alter its appearance based on the Element (Air, Fire, Earth, Water, Light, Shadow) that the Pet is attuned to. If a Pet becomes attuned to a different Element, the Traits will alter their appearance to reflect the change.

Below are the 6 new Themed Pets utilizing the new Trait Sets. Each Themed Pet is showcasing a different Element. These Themed Pets can be obtained by defeating the final Boss of the Ancient Crypt.

Click For a Larger View

New Exclusive Avatar Items

The Ancient Crypt will offer a whole new set of exclusive Avatar Items. Each time a player defeats the final boss, they will have a chance to directly receive one of the Held items of the set. Additionally, they will receive a [Quintessence of the Chosen One]. This, when combined with 100,000 Gold, can be used to craft an outfit piece of the player's choice via the Barrack's Blacksmith.

In total, there are 42 Total Items to collect (Search Wardrobe for 2022 Exploration Items). There are 6 Variations of each of the following:

[Familiar of the Chosen]
[Staff of the Chosen]
[Sword of the Chosen]
[Armor of the Chosen]
[Crown of the Chosen]
[Cape of the Chosen]
[Aura of the Chosen]

Large Dungeon With Lots of Challenges

It probably doesn't come as much of a surprise, but the Ancient Crypt will be the largest and most challenging Dungeon of the Ancient Temple. This means it will be stocked full of enemies, Named, Treasure, and Events! However, be ready to fight for it!

Players are expected to be maxed out, or very near to it, in their Lost Grove progression in order to best the Ancient Crypt. If you find yourself struggling against the enemies or Named, try and see what you can still work on upgrading in order to gain the edge!

For the Named and Boss within the Ancient Crypt, you will receive a permanent stacking buff, Power of the Ancients, for each Named defeated. You can read more about this mechanic in this Official Update Log Post.

Ancient Crypt Boss

As a fair warning, I just wanted to say to players to expect the boss of the Ancient Crypt to be extremely difficult. It is, by a mile, the most intricate and challenging encounter Sylestia has yet to offer. It is meant to be an encounter that players will have to learn over multiple attempts while utilizing every advantage that they possibly can. It is a very, very difficult encounter, but not impossible. =P

However, that said, the "fun" factor was also definitely taken into consideration. The encounter was crafted with the intent of giving players a sense of a big, climatic, epic battle to 'end' their long journey throughout the Lost Grove over these past years. The rewards for defeating the boss, especially for the first time, are hopefully a worthy balance to the challenge.

We wish everyone the best of luck!
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 10/22/2022 at 6:01 AM Post #2
I just finally maxxed out my main team's equipment. Sure, if I really need Water or Fire I'm not maxxed out, but I can now move onto them. So just in time for this, I can start stacking buffs from killing Named to make progress in the Temple and hopefully hit up the crypt when the time comes.

Thank you for all the fun content.
Sarahnyy051
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 35
Posted: 10/22/2022 at 7:11 AM Post #3
Ooh these look great! Thanks for the continued hard work!
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 10/22/2022 at 7:52 AM Post #4
Ty dear. This is what I needed after a very trying day. Not sure how much I can be online though
UntitledPrince
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 149
Posted: 10/22/2022 at 3:13 PM Post #5
I'm so excited for this! It'll be a while before I get there, though - I'm still on dungeon 2 lol
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 10/23/2022 at 9:44 AM Post #6
I'm guessing the Double XP event doesn't include ability expertise? :') I'm still trying to rank up pets to beat the previous floors ahaha
WoermOnAString
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 28
Posted: 10/23/2022 at 7:11 PM Post #7
Will the dynamic traits be available for all sylestis in the future?
Edited By WoermOnAString on 10/23/2022 at 7:11 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/24/2022 at 11:17 AM Post #8
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104196&page=1#6
Author: Somneli
Time Posted: 10/23/2022 at 9:44 AM
I'm guessing the Double XP event doesn't include ability expertise? :') I'm still trying to rank up pets to beat the previous floors ahaha

The Double XP Event only applies to Experience gained, not Expertise.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/24/2022 at 11:27 AM Post #9
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104196&page=1#7
Author: WoermOnAString
Time Posted: 10/23/2022 at 7:11 PM
Will the dynamic traits be available for all sylestis in the future?

It isn't something that we can really 'make available' for other species. It would require designing brand new Traits for each species that utilizes the mechanic. While that is certainly something we will be looking for opportunities at doing, it also will depend on how well these Traits are received by the playerbase, as Dynamic Traits are a big investment of resources.
Edited By Krinadon on 10/24/2022 at 11:28 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/1/2022 at 5:33 PM Post #10
Hello, all! Quite a few changes have been made to the Ancient Temple today. You can see the full list of changes here.

Additionally, we will be awarding a 3-Visible Elemental Ferrikki to the first Player who is able to defeat the Boss of the Ancient Crypt! The Gender and Traits will be random, however, the Player will be able to choose which of the 6 Themed Pets that they want.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.