Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Help with Fungus Grove
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Secretunicorn
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 4
Posted: 5/3/2022 at 12:27 PM Post #1
Im stuck in this one battle that I cant beat, and my pets are getting hurt. Is there anything that I can do that might help with me with this?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 5/3/2022 at 4:13 PM Post #2
This is the fight against... cereth's vulnyx? I'll check in a minute

My question is: Which pets are you using for this fight, and in what party order (slot 1 / slot 2 in the party page)
Secretunicorn
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 5/4/2022 at 1:54 AM Post #3
No, the one with Cereth and 2 other bandits.

The ones that I am using are all unconscious at the moment (I dont know if they still are or not). I had ChanceSong (Slot one) and ShadowFighter (slot two) together first, before I changed it to Smartly'Hidden (Slot Two) and MossHeart (Slot 1).
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 5/4/2022 at 3:08 AM Post #4
Chance'Song is an air pet, while Shadow'Fighter is a shadow pet- between the two of them, Shadow'Fighter is the one who should be in slot one, as Shadow is a Tanking element, while Air is an Attacker element (generally speaking enemies aim at slot 1 preferentially, so that's where the tank pet goes)
(with Moss'Heart and Smartly'Hidden, Light is usually used as Healer, but can run as tank so that's fine- Fire, like Air, is an attacker element.)

2. equips equips equips- getting your pets equipped, and with the right kinds of gear, is important!
Some things to keep in mind

There are four base 'typical' equip types:
> Assassin (For Strength and Agility)
> Myrmidon (For Strength and Dexterity)
> Illusionist (For Intelligence and Agility)
> Evoker (For Intelligence and Dexterity)
Disciple is a sort of placeholder equip, it's useful if you don't have what you need for a pet
Ravager and Arcanist are. Well... they exist?
(at low levels, like where you are, there's also an assortment of like, just kinda random equips that aren't these types. They're generally uncommon rarity, with terrible stats, so best replaced asap)

Agility controls the Defense and Evasion of a pet
Dexterity controls Accuracy and Critical Hit Rate.
The two stats share control of a pets speed equally (100 dex + 300 agi is the same speed outcome as 300 dex + 100 agi, or 200 dex + 200 agi)

Earth, Air and Water are Physical elements, which use Strength and Physical Damage stats
Light, Shadow, and Fire are Magical elements, and use the Intelligence and Magical Damage stats

Earth, Shadow, and Water, and sometimes Light, are Tank elements.
Tanks go in slot 1, and take the majority of attacks
They should be statted with some combination of HP, offense, and Agility.

Light and Water are Party Healer / Buffer elements (though water doesn't properly grow into this until later on- You'd want the pet to be at least lv30, and thus have at the least Ice Barrier, before using one for this).
Healer/Buffer pets go in slot 2 or 3, and protect the party by keeping it healthy.
Generally statted for offense primarily, typically getting Dexterity as their secondary stat, though not necessarily.

Fire and Air are Attacker elements. Their purpose is Damage Output
They go in slot 2 or 3, and are statted for Offense and Dexterity (Dexterity is more important for them than for Healer/Buffer because Fire and Air use critical hits to inflict their base attacks' debuff on enemies.

(tank/healer/attacker isn't the only team setup, it's just the most common and generally easiest to use- obviously you don't have access to third slot yet, so it's tank + attacker or Tank/healer + attacker, or maybe double survivalist tank (eg, two shadows, water+shadow, earth+shadow)/no attacker time (shadow has the strongest ability to heal itself aside from Light pets))

Equip a pet for their correct damage type first, then secondary stat
Equipment makes up a Large part of a pets stats, and a relic is especially important for damage output
Equipment stats vary by both equip level and equip rarity; uncommon equips are, how to say... garbage, and always best replaced asap.

If you swap back to Shadow'Fighter and Chance'Song (since they're the higher level), your first priority would be to replace Shadow'Fighter's relic, which is currently a Physical type, which isn't helping him at all.
There looks to be some somewhat cheap lv15 Illusionist and Assassin equips in the trade broker right now (Assassin isn't perfect for an Air pet once you can more easily get Myrmidon, but it's better than nothing, and since you can't get your third slot yet, the extra evasion and defence wouldn't hurt- same for Fire, where Evoker isn't possible, Illusionist.)

Shadow'Fighter > Shadow > Tank+Magic element > Illusionist gear
Chance'Song > Air > Attacker+physical element > Myrmidon gear where possible, Assassin failing that
Moss'Heart > Light > Currently Tank+Magical > Illusionist
Smartly'Hidden > Fire > Attacker+magical > Evoker, Illusionist failing that

Strategy for the fight, take out the two companions, then Cereth, basically? You can make use of both Mend ability (is that still unlocked at a low level? I don't remember), and Finishing Blow when your pets have a high mana charge.

You can also stock up on Elixirs and Draughts to be able to use those in the fight if needed (either buying them from Esior's haven's shops or getting them as mission satchel drops; I'd suggest looking into missions, since when you know what you're doing with them the payout can really start to stack up. Satchels can drop gold, healing items, and equipment (and generator essences, rarely), all of which will likely help you)
Secretunicorn
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 5/4/2022 at 8:02 AM Post #5
Okay so what must I do now? Are the equips going to work, or should I change it? Its kind of confusing...
(Im going to be experimenting with different combos for a bit.)
Edited By Secretunicorn on 5/4/2022 at 8:07 AM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 5/4/2022 at 9:17 AM Post #6
Swap the Assassin bracelet that Shadow'Fighter has to Chance'Song, and Chance'Song's armor to Shadow'Fighter- Air wants Strength, Shadow wants Int and Agi

I have some lv10 medium mission satchels that I could open tomorrow (for me- it's almost midnight for me) to see if I can get any Myrmidon or illusionist equips I could send you.

Basically:
Both Level of an equip (the 'req. level' thing in the top right of the equip info box) and equip rarity (uncommon/green, rare/blue, epic/purple, legendary/yellow, mystical/red) influence how good an equip is
a lv0 uncommon equip is the weakest- and a lv25 legendary beats out uncommons even as high as lv60, because uncommons are just. bad.
(there's some outliers in the level/rarity lineup if you get into certain special equips, but that's the case for the regular equips you get as enemy drops)

You generally want to keep equips relatively close to your pet level (eg, lv10/15 equips are passable for a lv17, but lv0/5 are kind of low), and try for higher rarity stuff where possible.

(there was some equipment in the broker that I figured would be useful so I bought it and sent it over)

Shadow:
Tank (slot 1) pet- Proficiencies will be any of HP, Int, Agi, depending on your own preferences and what works with your style and the pets own strengths
Equips should aim to boost Intelligence and Agility the most (Illusionist) to boost the pet's damage output- and thus healing, defence, and evasion. Lady Elora's bracelet boosts the correct stats despite not being an Illusionist

Air:
Attacker. Profs at lv75 are 3str/3dex for the typical build (some people like having a little HP cushion and go 1hp/3str/2dex instead)
Equips aim to boost Strength and dexterity (myrmidon) for damage output, accuracy, and crit chances.
At this time, Assassin might also help, since you don't have a team healer, so there's more chance of the pet getting hit- thus the agi will give at least some defence and evasion

It can seem pretty complicated early on, but I think it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it- just ask yourself "what type of element is this pet, physical or magical?" and look at if an equip boosts the one you want for the pet more than the other, then ask "is this pet going to be in slot 1 a lot?" and if yes, Agi's the other thing you want
Secretunicorn
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 5/4/2022 at 11:42 AM Post #7
Thanks! This helps a lot. I think that it might take a bit longer for me to fully understand, but I think that I might be ready to try and battle again. I just buy lots of Elixirs and Revivers, right?
Edited By Secretunicorn on 5/4/2022 at 11:56 AM.
Secretunicorn
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 5/5/2022 at 6:47 AM Post #8
I finally beat them! Thanks for your help!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 5/5/2022 at 6:50 AM Post #9
This thread has been moved to: Battle Discussion.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.