Players 2,169 346
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,326,911 1,584
Generated 664,302 284
Captured 1,204,002 56
Bred 6,458,511 1,244
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Troubled Economy? Whats YOUR thoughts?
Page 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 2/7/2014 at 11:55 PM Post #71
You look quite wonderful. xD Very...pink. xD;
(But it works!)

I guess the hatchery thing is a good way to limit it. I wish I could hoard up my pets to have a pet spree. xD (I have so many from my failed pet breedings OTL.
I just...iunno. Seeing so many pets bred only to be released (if I have to release them now) feels like a waste to me. ;_;
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 12:29 AM Post #72
Thank you! I hope I am making other's eyes bleed due to overexposure to pinkness giving off a Valentine feeling. >8D

It would, or else I will mass breed alll my pets in order to sell them for scales. And I also saw many people with 50+ pages in their hatchery, and if you sell all those pets for scales, you will probably be getting a huge amount.

I wonder how it would work though. I think I would like it better if it gives out more scales for pets with more traits, but this can be abused by people breeding 6-vis nixis for farming scales. Also, perhaps the amount of scales a hatchling or adolescent gives can be different. Maybe make it more than 3x so the people would wait for them to grow. If it is at 3 times you can either mass breed three rounds or wait for them to become adolescents and mass breeding more times would take up more server space. (I don't think a pet's info is deleted since I can still see my released pets afterwards)

And I also think eggs should be worth nothing or very little scales since as soon as you breed them you will be able to sell them off.

As for being a waste...if it is a 1 or 2 carry puff, it doesn't bother me much. But due to some people discouraging the act of giving newbie pets they do not consider to be newbie pets, I have released my 1 vis puffs because of that.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 1:33 AM Post #73
I could never have 50+ pages of hatchery stuff. Much less think of having more than 10 stables. I'm just one person. LOL That's how I see it.

To be honest, so long as the payouts for scales are miniscule, I don't think it'll dent anything. Like say more philters/mutators/dyes in the market, which are very miniscule in purpose, and I'd really like their prices to go down. There's no real detrimental reason for their prices to dip a little. I'm sure breeders and other players could use cheaper dyes/mutators/philters/etc. c: (at least they're not essences outright)

I don't like the idea of time limits to be honest. x: Partly because I don't see anything wrong with too many scales (because what else can you use them on?) and partly because time limits just because privileged people have higher-tier pets isn't fair to everyone else. x:
I think the hatchery pages is enough of a barrier, because it takes time for pets to age anyways, so pets are bound to fill the hatchery as a time limit instead of adding ANOTHER time limit.

I never thought selling eggs could be an option. Hardly anyone does that, I guess it's a precaution worried people think about. xD
But yeah, eggs have limited things to do anyways, other than be exchanged between people (but most people should be wary of eggs over actual hatchlings anyways) and nurtured.

Yeah, I can release 2 carries. But things like 1vis pets I put up for a reasonably low price. If economists really want to raise prices of anything, they can buy my 3k 1vis griffies and puffs or something, at least pay me in the process. c:<
(Plus they're still accessible to other players. I've seen misc. players buy my cheaply priced pets and not release them outright. Makes me happy.)
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 2:42 AM Post #74
I mass breed my Puffs and I still only have 5. Sounds nearly impossible to me.

I guess. Even if I tried my best I would probably end up at 5 pages max each mass breeding, which would amount to 125 scales, which isn't a lot. If you can only sell pets for scales through their page, it would probably be more of a hassel than nuturing.

Er, I don't mean that kind of time limit, but I think it would only make a big difference if people mass breed mostly for scales. And I just realised most people probably don't, so... *runs away*

You can release eggs, so I thought of that since this system seems to be close to a substitute for releasing.. *Has released quite a few unwanted egglings found while exploring*

Two people bought my cheap puffs after I decided I don't want to keep them. They have very little carrieds, so I just priced them dirt cheap. Two people bought them: one was released, the other was owned by a new person who loved her a lot. (I think they loved her more than a one vis puff I gave them afterwards)
Shasita
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 20
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 3:21 AM Post #75
Or they could do it like it was done on Pokfarm; limit the number of pets you can sell to the NPC.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 2:33 PM Post #76
I think the only people who have 30-50 pages of hatchery are the ones with 10-20 stables lol
or more

I think that selling pets is a good alternative to getting scales anyways if a player wanted scales. It gives more leeway than nurturing forever.

I think people who *need* or *want* scales would be the ones to mass breed for them if they had the good pets for it. Like people who need/want dyes or mutators or philters or golden eggs, or people who want to sell said dyes/mutators/philters.

Ohh...I release hatchlings when they hatch. For wild egglings, I've seen people get epic/legendary-grade hatchlings from them, so. xD
Having a pet system that only makes hatchlings/adols/adults redeemable for scales encourages waiting for eggs to hatch.

Aww, yay for happy people. c:
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 5:21 PM Post #77
You are probably right. With the amounts of pets I have, the best I can do is less than 10 pages in one go.

I am not fond of nuturing, I only nuture my own pets. It is probably faster than individually selling pets for scales if the rate is very low though, but I will need to get rid of some pets anyway.

I would mass breed if it is easier. More dyes for my projects! Not to mention picking up random pets and dyeing them if the cost is low enough, like 6 vis nixis(haven't owned one since they are really muddy), other high vis pets.

...Okay, I guess I should wait next time. I usually release them because I don't like their colours. X'D
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.