Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Other Fiction > Rocky Story: An Original Tale
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Threads: 3
Posted: 2/15/2016 at 1:54 PM Post #11
X3 Hehe, thanks Maddie. I found it cute as well. :3 But now, Lets see what happens in chapter 4. Oh boy. *chuckles*

Chapter 4
Its Just A Dream

Sam and Roch come back to the village after convincing the Croko to leave them alone.

"Sera? Where are you?" Sam called out to the armadillo.

A brown sphere rolls up to them and springs open. "I was looking for you!" Sera scolded in a squeaky voice, "Where did you go during the last chapter!?"

" Sh-sh-sh-shush, they don't need to know about that, Sera, " Sam whispers in alarm.

"Why not? It's not going to hurt anyone."

Sam sighs, "Never mind, lets just go."

Sera climbs up onto Sam's shoulder, "I still don't see what the big deal is with them knowing that we know we are in a-"

" Okay now let's go! " Sam interrupts, then starts walking to the farm area of Arcnic Village.

As they are walking and looking around, they see that all of the buildings are still intact. The Croko probably didn't have the chance to damage any buildings. That's good, Sam thought, that means less effort on their part.

They continued to patrol around the village until the first signs of dusk showed, and the people of Arcnic village are starting to finish up their work.

"Well that was uneventful. Oh well," Sam shrugged with a smile, then walks to the edge of the village and picks a tree to sleep in.

"Armadillos are not made to be in the trees," Sera complains.

"Neither are humans or hammers," Sam replies with a chuckle, "yet I enjoy it. I'm not sure about Roch though, I don't think he cares."

"I don't like being in trees either," Roch answers.

"Too bad, all you two do is sit around while I do all the work, so I get to pick where to sleep," Sam jokes.

"Anyway, we have a big day tomorrow, so we better get some sleep," says Roch.

"I thought hammers don't need to sleep," Sam questioned.

"I am a magic hammer, magic items need to rest every once in a while to regain magic," Roch explained.

"Right, that makes a lot of sense," Sam says sarcastically. "Heheh, I'm just joking, Roch. It really does make sense. Good night."

Sam rests Roch the hammer on their lap and waits for the blanket of sleep to envelop them.

After awhile, Sam started to feel cold, they regretted not considering getting a blanket. They wake up to find that it was near noon.

"Oh no, we over slept? How!?" Sam falls off the branch they were sleeping on and land with a soft thud. "Ow." They quickly get up and jog to the village. Then Sam started thinking, Wait, if it was almost noon, why was the air still cold? Sam thought as they ran, then considered the thought unimportant and continued to patrol around the village.

Eventually, Sam decided to take a little break from the patrol and leans against a wall. "You two have been awfully quiet today," Sam says to Sera and Roch, "Are you okay?"

When they hear no response, they just sigh. Then they spot something moving out of the corner of their eye. Sam turns to look and sees a black draco the size of a large house cat limping towards them.

"Aw, hey there, buddy. What's wrong?" Sam asked.

The draco looks up at them with indigo eyes and hisses viciously at Sam. Before they could react, the sky looks like its getting tared away as a huge storm of black wyverns fill the once blue sky.

Sam wakes up with a jolt. It was just a dream, but it felt so real...

"Are you alright?" Roch asks with concern.

Sam looks at the bright blue sky, "U-um, yes, I-I am," they answer, still shaken up by the nightmare.

"Are you sure? You were mumbling in your sleep," Sera told them.

Sam rubs their forehead with a shaky hand, "I'm fine, Sera," they lied.

They hop off the tree with Roch at hand and land feet first, then they head for the nearby river to hopefully cool away the nervousness the nightmare had given them.

To Be Continued

As you can see, I did this chapter a little bit different. I thought it would be a little easier to see who is talking with different colored text for each character. If you think it would be better with or without the colored texted, just let me know. Until next time on, Rocky Story! :3
Edited By Angelkitty77 on 3/19/2016 at 4:56 PM.
Maddiebird
Level 58
Threads: 11
Posted: 2/15/2016 at 1:58 PM Post #12
I like how you put the different color texts.
Also, do Sera, Sam and Roch know that they're in a story? That'd be hilarious!
Overall, great installment, can't wait for Chapter 5!
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Posted: 2/15/2016 at 2:30 PM Post #13
I'm so happy to hear that. ^^ Thank you for your feedback.
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Posted: 2/15/2016 at 8:21 PM Post #14
Noooooooooo! Why!? Unfortuatly, my internet went bad while I was typing this and I had to start over. T_T Well... I don't think I have the energy to write the beginning joke anymore. Enjoy...

Chapter 5
A Dark Omen

After Sam has refreshed themselves in the river, they went to do their morning patrol.

"We should be doing this tomorrow. Three is one too many in one day." Sera complained.

"Well we would have been doing this tomorrow if you hadn't opened your big mouth last chapter- I mean yesterday." Sam stuttered.

Sera gives Sam a dirty look. Sam boops her on the nose.

Sera squeaks in surprise, "Nah!"

Sam chuckles at her reaction.

Suddenly, they hear a noise from far away. "Aaaaaaaaa..."

"Eh?" Sam taps their ear, thinking something might be wrong with their hearing.

The sound gets louder and they see a scrawny man in hand-stitched clothing and dreds running towards them in a panicked flail, "Aaaaaaaaa..."

What's wrong with the Healer? "Uh-"

The Healer stops in front of them and cries, "Warrior! The world is going to meet it's demise! The Black Phoenix will rise!"

Sam and Sera exchange confused looks, "Healer-"

The Healer interrupts, "When he comes back, the sky will turn black!"

Sam looks a little annoyed, "Calm down-"

The Healer continues, "The light's bane will come and rein-"

Sam slaps him across the face, making the Healer stare at them in shock.

"Will you calm down and tell me what happened before the whole village starts to panic?" Sam inquired.

"How can I stay calm at a time like this? Especially since you've gone and slapped my face."

Sam sighs impatiently, "Look, I am sorry I did that, it was the only thing I could have done at the moment to calm you down."

The Healer seems to have settled down a bit, "Alright, I accept your apology. If you want answers, come with me. I will tell you about the one who threatens us, the Shadow, that they call, Crocius," then he walks away at a brisk pace.

"He's nuts," Sera says blatantly.

"Don't be so rude," scolds Sam, "he is very wise-"

"You slapped him in his face! How was that not rude!?" Sera counters.

"Oh my gosh- I said I was sorry." Sam follows the Healer to his hut.

To Be Continued

Yet another cliff hanger. :3 Sorry, not sorry. This chapter may be short, but it has given enough information to stop it there. -w- You are going to wait until tomorrow for the next chapter. :3 So until then, stay tuned for the next epis- I mean chapter of, Rocky Story!
Edited By Angelkitty77 on 3/19/2016 at 4:54 PM.
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Posted: 2/16/2016 at 8:25 AM Post #15
I was gonna say this in the Chapter 5 post, but, you know why I didn't. Anyway, the reason I posted three chapters yesterday is because I might not have time to write two chapters today. Driving classes are really unreasonable. So, here is Chapter 6. :3 Enjoy.

Chapter 6
A Great Shadow Looms

Sam and their companions finally enter the Healer's hut in hope that they would get some information about what is happening. The hut is decorated with carvings of plants, animals, and exotic creatures on the walls and drying herbs. The herbs made the air smell like fresh tea.

The Healer beckons them over to a wooden table at the back of the hut, accompanied by three chairs. Sam sits in one of the chairs and crosses their legs. "So, what, or who is this, 'Crocius'?" Sam asked.

"Eyes as blue as sapphires and body as black a night flyers. He is a being with unbelievable power, he'll come and all he will devour. Banished by his brother many years ago, he will one day escape his prison of indigo," the Healer explained.

Sam's eyes widen, Blue eyes and black body?, they remember what the saw in their nightmare, a black draco with blue eyes. Maybe it was more than a nightmare, maybe it was a vision. "Does anyone else know about this? Is there anyway to stop him? Who is his brother and why-"

The Healer interrupts, "Warrior, I cannot answer more than one question at a time, I only have so many words I could rhyme."

Sam tilts their hat forward a bit in embarrassment, "Right, I'm sorry. Continue please."

The Healer continues, "There would be four that would somehow know, the Chosen of Sky, Chosen of Snow, Chosen of Hot, and you, you have the Earthen Hammer, do you not?"

Sam grips Roch's handle, "Yes, I do."

"If you knew of the disaster that would come to be, why didn't you come to find me?" the Healer questioned.

"I-I had a vision, but I thought n-nothing of it. I thought it was just a nightmare," Sam stuttered.

"That is no excuse! Vision or not, to ignore such a message is abuse! Now, to answer your second question, stopping him will come with a slight complication. For in order to avoid his might, one must release his brother from his prison of light," he makes a circle with his hands. "Aqdas was the brother that he had to fight, so he could destroy the world's light," he added.

"So, out of curiosity, what color is Aqdas?" Sera asked.

"Aqdas is a bright orange, for you see..." the Healer freezes as he realizes his mistake.

Sera bursts out laughing, and Sam glares at her, "Sera, that's not funny!" they scolded.

"It was a little funny," chuckled Roch.

The Healer points at the door, "Get out."

They leave the hut after thanking and apologizing to the Healer.

Sam stares at Sera in disbelief, "Why did you do that?"

"Ever heard of 'Comic Relief'?" Sera asked.

"Sera..."

To Be Continued

XD And I thought the chapter before was hilarious. :3 Anyway, I hope y'all have a good day. See ya next time, on... Rocky Story!
Edited By Angelkitty77 on 3/19/2016 at 4:52 PM.
Maddiebird
Level 58
Posted: 2/16/2016 at 8:26 AM Post #16
XD
Nice comedy, and what was the joke at the beginning for Chapter 5?
Edited By Maddiebird on 2/16/2016 at 8:30 AM.
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Posted: 2/16/2016 at 9:06 AM Post #17
Original beginning for Chapter 5: "Now, I know what you might be thinking. 'Three chapters in one day, Kitty!? Are you insane!?' Yes, three chapters. The reason for this is because I might not have enough time to write two chapters tomorrow. And yes, I am insane in the membrane. :3 Enjoy."
Maddiebird
Level 58
Posted: 2/16/2016 at 10:07 AM Post #18
XD
That reminds me of the cell unit I did a while back
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Posted: 2/17/2016 at 2:00 PM Post #19
Sorry I wasn't posting any chapters today, I've been working out an issue but I can't seem to find the time. And, this will be going on for about a week. But don't worry, it's nothing serious or anything, it is just making me feel out of it. And this might happen again next month, so, yeaaah... Sorry about the hiatus. Until next time.... eh... bye...?
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Posted: 2/26/2016 at 3:59 PM Post #20
Wow, if I did the math right, its been five days since I have posted a chapter. It felt longer than that for me. Maybe because I did the math wrong, idk. Anyway, five days or not, this hiatus has gone on long enough. It is time for Chapter... 7? Yeah 7. XD

Chapter 7
To Mt. Ogin

Ever since the talk with the Healer about the rising threat a few days ago, the Crokos have been raiding the village more frequently and in bigger numbers. Sam would suspect it has something to do with Crocius, but they were too exhausted from fending off the raids to think about it for long. After chasing off one of many of the raids, Sam leans on Roch the hammer and wipes their forehead with their fore-arm. This is getting ridiculous. They thought.

Sera looks at Sam with concern, "Are you alright?"

Sam nods, too out of breath at the moment to answer verbally.

After Sam catches their breath, the Healer walks up to them with a worried expression. "What is it?" Sam asked wearily.

"I have good and bad news, both about the Crokos," the Healer answered.

"Whats the bad news?" Sam inquired, they always liked to heard the bad news first, they guess its so that the good news would make it seem not so bad.

"There is an army of Crokos heading this way," the Healer says carefully.

Sam groans, Perfect, this is defiantly what I need, thought Sam sarcastically. "And the good news?"

The Healer grinned, "There is a way to keep them at bay."

Sam was relieved to hear that, it's kind of making their stomach feel a little funny. They hold their hand to their belly. "That's great, how do we stop them?"

The Healer frowns a little, "Unfortunately, it wont be easy, and from this, I can tell you are getting queasy."

"No joke," Sam sighs, "Just tell me what I need to do."

The Healer looks to the north at a mountain in the distance, "Inside Mt. Ogin is the Fiery Sword, and it is guarded by a species that likes to hoard," the Healer looks at them and continues, "If you can get them and bring them here, you can show the army real fear."

Sam gets a chill from hearing his words, they sounded a little ominous to them. "Alright, I'm going," Sam straightens up, no longer feeling tired after the short break, and heads for Mt. Ogin. Its not too far, they don't think. They have past it plenty of times when traveling to the ravine and back. As they follow the river, they wonder how the Healer knew all this, about the sword, the army, three more Chosen. They thought about it for a little more, then just guess it's a normal thing for Healers, having visions about the future. Yeah, that's probably it. They quicken their pace toward Mt. Ogin.

To Be Continued

:3 It feels good getting back into this. ^^ And I bet you guys are happy to finally read Chapter 7. Anyway, stay tuned for another chapter, of... Rocky Story!
Edited By Angelkitty77 on 3/19/2016 at 4:48 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.