Players 2,161 348
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,328,001 1,090
Generated 664,597 295
Captured 1,204,050 48
Bred 6,459,258 747
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylestia's Next Top Designer - ROUND...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 8/7/2016 at 12:55 PM Post #1
~Sylestia's Next Top Designer (Cycle 2)~
ROUND SIX VOTING

VOTING OPEN

Voting Ends: Tueaday, August 9th at 8:00PM Pacific Standard Time (10PM Syleatia Time)

Welcome voters to this round of the contest. Your participation is very important to us and greatly appreciated. To vote simply read the rules below. Remember to take your time and look at each design carefully to make the best choice possible.

To our contestants, I would first like to thank you for your participation as well. At the end of this voting the TWO designs with the least amount of votes will be eliminated. It is important to remember that all eliminated contestants will be given a second chance to re-enter the contest during the Wildcard Round right before the finale.

Good luck everyone!

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE RULES!

RULES

1.) None of the entries will be labeled with the contestants name. This is what is considered a "blind vote", meaning no one will know who created what design. Once all of the votes are in I will put edit my Vote Counter post below so that everyone's name will be revealed.

2.) There is no real way for me to police this, but I feel confident that those of you who are contestants won't reveal which design is your's privately to anyone in order to get votes. If you are found to have done this you will be disqualified. Furthermore, if you accidentally post in this thread before the voting ends and indicate which design is your's I won't disqualify you, but you will not be eligible for anymore votes.

3.) VOTERS: When voting please vote for your TWO favorite designs. They will be numbered, so please refer to the designs you wish to vote for by number, and not just design name. Comments are welcome and I'm sure will be appreciated by the contestants, but please keep it positive.

4.) Contestants are allowed to vote, but it should go without saying that you shouldn't vote for your own design. I'll know whose is whose.

5.) Everyone have fun and please let me know if you have any questions or think I left something out.

ROUND SIX THEME - Seven Heavenly Virtures
Alright contestants, welcome to Round Six and your most abstract chslleneg yet. The Seven Heavenly Virtures are: Patience, Charity, Chastity, Humility, Kindness, Diligence and Temperance. How are you to design something for such a theme? The goal is to create a design that embodies the feeling behind your virtue in whatever way makes sense to you.

Reference pictures will NOT be required unless there is an image that you relied heavily on for inspiration and helps explain your design. If you want to you may also submit a brief description of your design to help explain some of your choices.

Design #1 - Patience Nephini
The sky is cloaked by night at dusk,
Layers of deep tulle bejeweled with silver sequence
As Dawn stretches and prepares for the morning's rise,
She gently removes each layer one at a time

Hours it takes as she is old and frail
Her fragile hands struggle to remove the veil
But as she does somehow every day,
The lights of the heavens find a way...
To shine through the jewels and fabric
And wash the darkening shadows away

For those who long to catch a glimpse
Of a treasure they have discovered since
Patience is the key they desperately need
For when the last veil is lifted Dawn's light they shall heed
Beauty and warmth is prized in the wakeful eye
Of those who see this illumination in the sky
Bold as Dawn may be, smiling from above
In the distance lay her pastel colors of love
Outstretched to greet the valleys from afar

And as the pinks, yellows, lavenders, and blues gently pull the dreamers from their sleep
Visions from the past they always keep
Future details they long to behold,
Exciting predictions lining the clouds with silver and gold
But patience they've found although they grow old
Guides them with it's peaceful lullaby
Keeps their pondering eyes content as the days roll by

Design #2 - Charity Zolnixi

Charity also known as love is considered the purest virtue which is why the color white can be seen in my design. White in western culture is considered a color of purity and innocence. The color that symbolizes charity is yellow. Yellow as a color often represents friendliness and warmth. I also used the valentines lace because charity is also known as love.

Design #3 - Humility Griffi

Design #4 - Patience Kelpari

Design #5 - Diligence Aeridini

I made diligence black and white because if you are diligent to stay true, you cant mix the black and white, you need to stay true to your path and not stray, it needs to stay clear.

Design #6 - Chastity Aurleon
I choose the Aurleon because its a bird, birds symbolize positivity and freedom. This links to the fact that chasity speaks of being your own person, and doing your own thing, and not letting another person take over your life. You must be free. It also states that you must be schooled, which birds are seen as wise animals e.g. the owl, but another case is a bird is all seeing. Meaning it can go where it wants. The also symbolize faith. Birds also tend to be clean, and they are always in good health, because they wouldnt survive if they werent. It is the opposite of the sin lust, lust is to get attracted to one thing, and not give up getting it. Most bird species tend to pair for life, so they are loyal to one another.

Design #7 - Kindness Kelpari

Design #8 - Temperance Griffi
Temperance is defined as moderation or voluntary self-restraint. This includes restraint from retaliation, restraint from arrogance, restraint from excesses, and restraint from excessive anger.
Design: The symbolic color for temperance is orange, so that was the base for this design. Notice the lack of physical adornment, which supports the restraint from excess. The only decorations are the chains, which are yet another representation of restraint.

Design #9 - Chastity Zolnixi
I wanted to keep the design innocent so I picked Nixis as my focus breed. I used pinks and whites to create the contrast between the chastity(white) and the love(pink), while keeping the colour palettes pale and childlike. By using pearl armor instead of a heavier armor, I feel it shows that the chastity is a choice and not inflicted upon the Nixis.

Rikaheart
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 8/7/2016 at 1:08 PM Post #2
Oh wow. Beautiful! I picked

1 and 7
Gingerpaw
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 48
Posted: 8/7/2016 at 1:14 PM Post #3
I'm gonna vote for 1 and 8 :)
Cakedragon33
Level 56
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 24
Posted: 8/7/2016 at 1:20 PM Post #4
5&8
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 8/7/2016 at 1:54 PM Post #5
I have to vote for #1 for their awesome poem! I commend them for their effort.

My second vote goes to #6 for the depth of research and symbolism used.

Great job everyone. They are very unique, expressive and symbolic!
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 8/7/2016 at 2:18 PM Post #6
2 & 5 - 5 is amazing btw @who ever made #5
Haleighb
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 75
Posted: 8/7/2016 at 3:22 PM Post #7
3 and 6 plz :)
love them all :P
Annoyed
Level 70
Scout
Threads: 48
Posted: 8/7/2016 at 4:03 PM Post #8
I #5 and #2, these are definitely abstract
LostCry
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 47
Posted: 8/7/2016 at 4:42 PM Post #9
5 and 8 ^^
SatsumaSunset
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 45
Posted: 8/7/2016 at 5:18 PM Post #10
9 and 5. All of the designs are amazing!!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.