Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,125
Posted: 8/8/2015 at 8:54 PM Post #1
Well, let's start with the good news.

2015 Summer Festival

We can now officially announce the starting date for this year's Summer Festival! It will begin on Friday, August 21st at 12pm and run through Monday, September 7th. The Summer Festival will feature many of the typical festival features and be similar to this year's recent Spring Festival. However, in place of the Sylesti Garden will be an entirely new feature. While I don't want to spoil everything beforehand, it will feature a beach, some shovels, and some fishing poles. =P

We will also be releasing some new Avatar Items and new Pet Traits.

Aurleon Revamp

Additionally, we have begun the Aurleon revamp and we hope to be able to start showing some previews of it soon.

The Bad News

Now, to the bad news. It was discovered last night that our server's security has been compromised. For at least the past 2 months, someone has had direct access to our server's SSH portal. This basically means that they have had unlimited access to anything on our server. While we have no reason to believe that anything in-game has been compromised or tampered with, it does mean that it's very likely our database has been accessed in the very least.

Fortunately, we do not really store any sensitive data in our database. We store basic information regarding diamond transactions but nothing related to your actual personal information or payment information. So there is nothing to worry about in regards to that. The only real information that can be taken from our Database is the registered email addresses and passwords. Our passwords are encrypted, but there's always the chance that they can be decrypted.

That being said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to change your passwords for your Sylestia account. Again, I have no reason to believe your Sylestia account is at risk, so this is just merely a precaution. The one thing I do strongly advise though is that if you use the same password for Sylestia as for your registered email address, I would immediately change your email account's password. That's really the biggest 'at-risk' item.

In order to ensure that our server is clean and fresh, we will unfortunately have to migrate, again, to a new server. This is tentatively scheduled for this upcoming Wednesday, August 12th. Time is to be determined. Expected downtime will be the entire day, most likely.

We will also be upgrading our server plan to include more comprehensive security measures in order to reduce the likelihood of such an invasion happening again in the future.

Again, just to reiterate, there is no reason to believe that any of your information is at dire risk. These are all just precautions based on what's been detected. We would rather everyone be safe than sorry. The only people who should take this seriously are those who use the same password for their Sylestia account as their Email account. If you are one of those people, I strongly advise changing both passwords immediately. Other than that, there isn't too much to be concerned with other than having to deal with another server migration.

If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to ask.
Firekat2004
Level 59
Threads: 11
Posted: 8/8/2015 at 8:57 PM Post #2
Noob Question:How do I change my password?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,125
Posted: 8/8/2015 at 8:58 PM Post #3
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=27757&page=1#2
Author: Firekat2004
Time Posted: 8/8/2015 at 8:57 PM
Noob Question:How do I change my password?

Account -> Settings.

Then click 'Change Password'.
Vulpie
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 4
Posted: 8/8/2015 at 9:00 PM Post #4
Go up to "Account" and click on it. Click on "Settings" and then "Change Password". Once you do that, enter your new password, and everything else should be good. It might take a little bit before the new password is implemented, but it should work. I hope this helps. :)

EDIT: Gah Krin beat me to the punch! xD
Edited By Vulpie on 8/8/2015 at 9:00 PM.
Drowqueen
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/8/2015 at 9:03 PM Post #5
thanks for the heads up!
Foxypuff
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 23
Posted: 8/8/2015 at 9:04 PM Post #6
Hackers suck. The bad kind, I mean. As long as the migration will fix the problem though I'm sure we'll be okay with that.
Rhythm
Level 62
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 7
Posted: 8/8/2015 at 9:05 PM Post #7
Yeahhh... hackers are pretty terrible.
Anyway, I'm excited for the festival & the revamp!
Might as well start working on some stable space ;)
Lonelywolfpine
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 10
Posted: 8/8/2015 at 9:08 PM Post #8
Thank you for always keeping us in the loop!
Fennectech
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 39
Posted: 8/8/2015 at 9:09 PM Post #9
is it possable that the breakin and the db issures are related?
Nabiki
Level 62
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 96
Posted: 8/8/2015 at 9:13 PM Post #10
Not too worried about it since I use a master password to get access to the desktop plus a few more to access anything else. As for the email, not even close. My email's passcode is over sixty characters in every combination possible, long.
Edited By Nabiki on 8/8/2015 at 9:15 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.