Forum Index > Artwork Gallery > KK's Pixel Art
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Neyite
Level 69
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 13
Posted: 12/9/2017 at 11:11 PM Post #1
Hello one and all to my thread on my pixel art. Yippee! For the past half year or so I've been self teaching myself pixel art, and I figured I might as well get some opinions on it. Also, I've been debating selling sprite art here on Sylestia. This will double as an interest check, see if anyone would be interested in me spriting stuff for you guys, as along with how much you guys think it would be worth.

I really enjoy doing pixel art, it makes me happy to feel like I'm actually okay at an art medium. I really like being able to make things for myself and close friends instead of relying on others or other random apps to do it for me. I really want to get better, but oftentimes I have no clue what to sprite. xD

And now, some examples, enlarged for your viewing pleasure. (I normally use canvases of 96x96 pixels, but of course that's kinda hard to see)
This is a headshot I made for my favorite YouTuber's one million subscriber milestone. (PS: Check out and subscribe to DAGames, lol)

I am a big Zelda fan, so I decided to sprite the Master Sword. Dah-na-na-na-naaaaa!

I also love the Switch console, so have a Switch Swotch.

I was super excited for Super Mario Odyssey so I made an Odyssey version of my usual profile picture.

My game design class entailed us making games in Unity, and I assumed we could make a 2D game... but sadly, we cannot. This was my design for me main character of that 2D game.

I sprited this several months ago for my boyfriend and I's one month. I still count it as one of my best spriteworks.

This was made a looong time ago, pardon its lack of quality... I made this for a friend's birthday, and to mess around with light and how light works in a dark space.

This is the first pixel art image I ever finished. I took like a month on it, messing around with the eyes and how things would work and look. My first attempt was... terrifying, haha... Again, pardon its lack of quality.

And finally, my current profile picture, made to match the season. I got lazy so it only has a basic animation, but I put a lot of work into shading.

Now, if anyone has any critique I would love to hear it! I want to get better at this style of art, and uh, all my friends just say "That's so good!" and nothing else. Helps with confidence, but doesn't help much with getting better. Soo yea, I'm interested in hearing anything anyone has to say. Please ping me when you do, I want to be able to read and respond quickly.

Thanks for reading, peace out!

(Edit): Shoot just realized I named it "KK" not Neyite... xD WHOOPSIES, my bad. KK is my name everywhere else on the internet. Aha... ignore that please.
Edited By Neyite on 12/9/2017 at 11:24 PM.
Neyite
Level 69
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/12/2017 at 8:59 PM Post #2
I also made a little Lunemara. I think she turned out cute. :3
Moderation Team
Level 9001
Protector of the Forums
Site Moderator
Posted: 12/13/2017 at 5:06 PM Post #3
This post has been deleted.
Neyite
Level 69
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/13/2017 at 5:37 PM Post #4
I'm glad you like her! Do you have any idea what I should price similar pieces if I were to start selling this kinda thing?

Thanks for responding, too. Several days of silence and I wondered if I had done something wrong xD
Moderation Team
Level 9001
Protector of the Forums
Site Moderator
Posted: 12/13/2017 at 6:10 PM Post #5
This post has been deleted.
Neyite
Level 69
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/13/2017 at 6:13 PM Post #6
Wowsers, really? I know the art market here isn't great, I'm surprised that an animation that basic could be worth that much. 0.o Well, good to know, I'll take that into consideration.
Taishi
Level 64
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 30
Posted: 12/28/2017 at 3:44 PM Post #7
Definitely around 50k-100k, depending on complexity. If I had the gold to spare, I would buy one of these of one of my pets.
Neyite
Level 69
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/28/2017 at 10:32 PM Post #8
Good to know, glad to see you're interested! Thanks anyways!
Chicolinsky
Level 60
Threads: 4
Posted: 2/25/2018 at 12:06 PM Post #9
Wow, I realy love the roboter. This is such a clean and tidy work! And great colors and lines. And well... I like it :) Why couldnt you make the game in unity? That would have been awesome, wouldnt it?
Neyite
Level 69
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/28/2018 at 12:30 PM Post #10
Awww, thanks! I wanted to make a game in Unity with it, but I was taking a game design class, and for the class we could only make 3D games for the assignments. I may try to make a game during the summer when I have more freetime to learn the 2D part of Unity.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.