Forum Index > Mission and Quest Discussion > Vorpar
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
SatsumaSunset
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 45
Posted: 12/11/2016 at 7:33 PM Post #1
So, I looked through the forums before trying to battle Vorpar, and I can't defeat him. Whenever he plane shifts, he regains too much health for me to effectively kill him :( Does anyone have any advice on how to defeat him?
Here are my battle pets:
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1741716 Fire Lily, my tank
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1895729 Defender's Mark, my glass cannon (strength)
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2615016 Fluffy, my glass cannon (intel)

Please help!
Thanks,
-S!
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 12/12/2016 at 9:30 AM Post #2
If you haven't seen this yet, I'll recommend you to read this guide: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=11101

The main thing to note is that you have to choose between strength and intelligence for your pets. If you add points to one, don't add any points to the other. So when you choose a proficiency tree, you should pick one that matches the stat profile you've chosen. I'm assuming you know this, and have already done this, since your stats assignment seems quite on point.

The main thing I saw that you should change would be some of your pet's equipment. When choosing equipment, use those that add more to strength/intelligence, whichever you chose, instead of those that split points equally between both/all, or add more to the stat that you're not using. For relics, find those that give more physical damage bonus if you chose strength, and those that give more magical damage bonus if you chose intelligence, instead of using those that split damage bonus to both types. Especially for Fluffy, this will make a difference in how well he attacks. And if possible, upgrade their amour to legendary.

If you do these, your pets should be more efficient in battles.

Also, you can try going to the spire to get potion boosts that will help with boss battles. And try to get full health/mana before starting the boss battle.

I think you're supposed to kill off the minions first, or during the plane shift, cause if I remember correctly, if they're alive they'll transfer health to the boss.

Hope these helps!
Kitzune
Level 60
Threads: 60
Posted: 12/13/2016 at 8:33 AM Post #3
Take out the minions as quickly as possible. This will keep his health from replenishing.

A good strategy to use when fighting him is to hit him with a finishing blow right before his health drops to the point where he summons the minions. If you get his health past the trigger point he doesn't summon them and you can keep whittling down his HP.

You'll want to buy tons of mana and health potions as well because he has an attack that will completely immobilize all of your pets for 5 turns. Which also does damage on the turn he uses it. Right after that he summons his minions. If you time it right, you can use 3 out of those 5 turns to replenish HP and/or Mana with the potions.

Once you can attack again, save the mana you get from physically attacking the minions to hit him with another finishing blow. The more mana you have the more damage it will deal to him.

It also helps to have a pet that started out with high base stats from birth. Ny'Vene and Griffi have higher strength base stats then regular pets. (They're what I used)

I went with this strategy and was able to beat him within about 30-45 minutes.

Hope this helps :)

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.